Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Inside out ...

Hello !

Yesterday was shopping day for us.

I had a hankering for lunch at a little cafe we'd ventured into last week.  So we did.

This time, I had two (instead of just one) Inside Out Sushis...

A vegetarian, and a tuna with avocado.  They were yummy.

Hubby had a chicken wrap ...  a "chicken schnitzel sushi" the family are calling it 😊 lol xx


Later on, some sketching:

Update: I took my inspiration from Connie who has a website "More Where that Came From".  I saw her lovely profile pic on someone's sidebar and so was inspired to sketch in my stylised way. 


I really hope everyone's having a great week



46 comments:

  1. Hi Sue your food looks so yummy,oh i love your drawing,you are very good at it my friend,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shez, it was yummy - I only had one sushi the previous week and then this time that veggie one caught my eye ;D)
      I really appreciate your compliment re my drawing - I absolutely enjoy doing faces!

      Delete
  2. What a fun place to eat and the food looks so good. Your drawing is wonderful Sue.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice cosy little cafe with good coffee and lovely staff as well as the beautiful food.
      Thanks Diane, appreciate your thoughts :D)

      Delete
  3. I can't see your sketch - the image won't come up ...whine...I've tried reloading the page. I'll come back tomorrow and see if I can see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a few funny things happen with Chrome this afternoon actually... it may have been that, hope its better when you come back. Cheers and thanks for telling me :D)

      Delete
  4. hi sue, lunch looks awesome!!! the other pictures are not showing up but i wanted to tell you that i am having the same problem. most of my pictures from yesterday are big black boxes and tonight, i can't get any pictures to load. must be a blogger problem!!

    just wanted you to know, it's not just you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Debbie, my first foray into sushi and those inside out ones really appealed (I make a bit of a mess though ;D))
      Thanks for telling me about the pictures, hopefully all will be better tomorrow :D)

      Delete
    2. hi sue, all is well in bloggerland...now i can see your sketch, an adorable, happy face. i love the amber hair!!

      Delete
    3. That's good, just a glitch :D)
      Thanks kindly Debbie... she does have a happy face... sometimes I really feel the need to draw 'happy' and her face popped out at me in blogland !

      Delete
  5. I can see your pictures, the painting is another lovely face. I really do love them. Sushi is not my fave but hubby likes it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan, glad you can.
      I get inspired as soon as I see particular faces - so many of them out there in the world ;D) How come we each have a set of eyes, a nose and mouth and yet we look different!
      I didn't realise there were other variations of sushi - am really enjoying it, never had it before. Cheers and hope your gardens are getting some rain :D)

      Delete
  6. Love the face you have sketches, so smiling and happy, just won*der*ful! And the food looks divine! Just got up and I'm hungry! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Valerie - it is such a kind face too, I just had to draw her!
      It was lovely food, and I really enjoyed us going to the cafe... good coffee as well ;D)
      Lovely to see you and enjoy your day too

      Delete
  7. Lovely and happy lady & delicious lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Riitta, how lovely to see you and thanks very much for your dear comments :D)

      Delete
  8. My kind of food. Sue! I wonder what's in those cute little fish shaped tubes. Is it a fish sauce? Lovely happy face you have sketched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between you and I Linda, I loved opening those little saucy fishes ;D) It tastes like a mixture of soy/fish sauce - not too salty, just right... there's just enough as they have a medium to strong taste.
      Thank you re the face :D)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the information. I'm sure the soy/fish sauce added to the enjoyment of your sushis and it was nice to go somewhere for lunch whilst out shopping too.

      Delete
    3. 😊 it was Linda... on both counts

      Delete
  9. The food on the plate looks lovely and..tempting.
    Vegetarianism is the way to go. Veganism is too far fetched. I can't see myself giving up eggs and fish as their protein is of the highest quality. But.. never say never, who knows, I might get convinced it's the best kind of nutrition.

    Drawing faces is a very fascinating kind of art. You are very good at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Duta. I love to try vegetarian food and we make our own version at times..lol, veganism is so strict I could never entertain that idea (the older I get the lazier I am in the kitchen ;D))
      We have eggs daily, they're such great little providers of so much, as you say, convenient and not so heavy on the stomach in the evening.
      Thanks re my art, faces are my current 'obsession' and I always appreciate your encouragement

      Delete
  10. Hello, the food looks yummy! I love the happy face sketch, is it a selfie sketch? Very pretty. Enjoy your day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, it was... and something different too.
      Appreciate your thoughts about my sketch. No, its not a selfie - I was inspired by Connie's profile pic on her blog http://www.conniebiltz.com/ as I always say, I do these sketches in my own stylised way, they're not meant to be realistic portraits... that would involve too much pressure to get it right :D) Cheers now

      Delete
  11. Sushis look fresh and yummy.
    Fantastic sketch, Sue. You are really talented!
    Hugs 😘


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sirkkis :D)
      I love sketching and I thank you very much for your encouraging words

      Delete
  12. Muy lindo el dibujo. Te deseo también un bonito día. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "The drawing is very nice. I wish you a beautiful day too. Kisses."

      Many thanks Teresa, may your day be full of beauty too :D)

      Delete
  13. Look forward to seeing more use of this self portrait Sue! The sushi looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, thank you but it wasn't a self portrait - it is Connie from her profile pic on her website "More Where that Came From".

      Thank you re the sushi, it was indeed :D)

      Delete
  14. This is such a pretty post, Sue. I love your blog colors and pastels, and your lunch looks very yummy and exciting! You are so good with faces, I love looking at your paintings! Your faces are my favorites, then fish, and florals! Have a wonderful week, dear friend! Sending hugs your way! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Suzanne, your support and encouragement is always appreciated.

      Heh heh, last night I decided to change things around on my blog ! so the pastel
      colours have gone... for now, I love to play with the backgrounds and headers - infinite variety :D)
      I hope life is treating you well these days, lovely to catch up xx

      Delete
  15. The sushi does look delicious.
    A great sketch of Connie.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jan, it was yummy! and thanks re my sketch... am getting right into sketching faces, as I am inspired :D)

      Delete
  16. Oh I love your sketch of Connie - great job on this and I'm glad I finally got to see the image - don't know why I couldn't earlier. I was also have a lot of trouble at FB ...but that should have nothing to do with blogger.

    Anyway I really really like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so cool of you, thank you Sandy.
      Yes, not sure what was happening .... heh heh.... wow troubles all over, instagram was out for a while too.

      Delete
  17. They do look delicious Sue. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Sushi looks so yummie and your portrait drawing is just fantastic my friend!
    Happy weekend!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really was Susi - quite yum :D)
      Thanks very much for your lovely comments... cheers!

      Delete
  19. Yum Yum on the suchi and I LLLLOOOOVVVEEE your sketch. She is so happy. Come by my blog to see what I have been up to. It's a beady treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, hi Nicole - thank you... it was that happiness that drew me in :D)
      Well now I certainly shall - have just been putting the last touches to my PPF post... am off to see you right now !!

      Delete
  20. wow, that is a very colorful meal :) Looks delicious.
    Love your sketch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Inside out sushi... that's very novel.

    Love your style and love your portrait!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx