Thursday, March 7, 2019

Happy 8th Year Paint Party Friday !

Hello !

Eva and Kristin's Paint Party Blogspot is turning 8 years old this week and I have to say its been an absolute pleasure being a part of this lovely group since I tentatively posted my first entry at the start of 2017.


I also really appreciate other blogfriends who drop in and leave their comments too when I post some artwork...

it's kind of like baring your soul a little bit, to actually show a painting on the internet like this - we're sometimes our own worst critics and to have this forum where we can each share our efforts in a friendly and mutually supportive atmosphere is always uplifting and, best of all, fun!

In my first artwork post on Paint Party Friday:
"Blackbird Nest"  

I said ....  "I love to paint, it's not only a hobby, I think it must be another form of meditation because the time can slip by in such a peaceful and relaxing way."

... well, I still think that but even more so and,
I'd like to say that if you have always had a hankering to try your hand at painting, give it a try - no need to show it to anyone if you wish but just have the pleasure of making strokes and shapes first of all.
Look at what others do and, if it pleases you,  sketch or paint your version of it (if you show it, an attribution is always the correct way to go).
There's so many really helpful youtube videos out there as well and, believe me, to get true pleasure out of painting - do your own thing, don't be put off by all the 'rules' out there, especially with watercolour... remember that watercolours are what children have always been given as the first medium to paint with.  Get that inner child out and enjoy :D)
Now, I mean no disrespect to creators of Fine Art, I'm speaking purely from a hobbyist's point of view.

Cheers now and Happy PPF!


70 comments:

  1. PPF is indeed a great place to have fun and meet up. I've been a regular there since the beginning - time flies. It's always great to meet so many fellow enthusiasts having fun painting and playing. Love the happy celebration cake piece you have made. Happy PPF to you, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you're an "Old Girl" of the PPF ;D) wow Valerie, so much lovely art - inspiration bounces around doesn't it.
      Thanks and Happy PPF to you too xx

      Delete
  2. I have picked up the painting bug. I have always been inspired by your art Sue It is indeed a relaxing way to spend your time. Possibly someday I will join Paint Party Blogspot. I have only tried two paintings but I am always thinking about the next project. Love your Blackbird Nest. I also love the photo copy of the one of turkeys and trees hanging on my wall in my kitchen done by you. Someday I will see the original. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Grace, I'm really pleased to know you've been painting too and, yes, when you feel it's the right time, it'll be lovely to see your artwork, will look forward to it.
      Thanks re my painting, it's nice to try a bit of abstract (or however you'd describe my blackbird nest one ;D)). Appreciate your thoughts, cheers xx

      Delete
  3. Hello, I enjoy seeing your paintings. They are so colorful and pretty! Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so kindly Eileen, always lovely to see you :D) xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! I wish I could paint but I have no talent at all. However, I'm able to enjoy the paintings of others. Your blog is full with lovely paintings, and it's been a delight for me to look at them.
    Your celebrating '8 years' cake looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Duta and I really appreciate your supportive comments over the years :D)

      Delete
  5. Greetings Sue, I am just terrible at coloring and painting, but I still find it relaxing. Your bold colors and design are fabulous.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, well, now I thoroughly enjoy your beautiful cards and I'm sure the recipients do too... yes, it is relaxing and something I wished I'd started much earlier in life. Hubby always urged me to but I guess the time wasn't right back then. Thanks for your comments :D) xx

      Delete
  6. Hello Sue! Well, you've started the PPF celebrating 😆 I will join tomorrow 🎆
    Your card is joyful and fun.
    I haven't draw or paint anything until I tried it 2015. I was first very shy to post them. I think that PPF is a kind place and don't worry so much about my works. Thanks for kind feedback you all give me 👏
    See you tomorrow in party 😘😋



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did start early didn't I!! lol :D)
      Thanks Sirkkis, and I'm so glad you did post them - all your beautiful creations since - so full of imagination. Cheers and thank you too for your support xx

      Delete
  7. Oh, I like a lot of your style Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. many thanks Anne, I always appreciate your visits :D) xx

      Delete
  8. great post Sue - love what you had to say about creating ....and wow, your beautiful painting celebrating 8 years is gorgeous - and love the first one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sandy - I went on a bit but if it inspires someone to start painting that would be good. I self-judged for so many years... came home from a busy job fairly stressed at times and hubby used to say to draw or paint --- anyway, doing it now and loving it and loving to see what others do too. Appreciate your visits too Sandy, cheers xx

      Delete
  9. I always enjoy seeing your paintings …
    Happy 8 years to PPF.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jan, I really appreciate that :D) xx

      Delete
  10. i love it too and participate vicariously through you!! your words are so true, something i would feel as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw Debbie, that's lovely of you to say... I'm really glad you do.
      Thank you also... lol, I did go on a bit but sometimes it comes spilling out eh!
      Really appreciate your visits :D) xx

      Delete
  11. Great advice Sue! I have always been a fan of your artwork, always so cheery and colorful, very uplifting. I haven't done any painting for a long time but have been seriously thinking of taking it up again. One of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Denise. Even if feeling a bit down (as we all can at times), once I start painting it changes straight away - yep, I love colour.
      I really appreciate your thoughts and it would be lovely to know you've started painting again. Cheers now xx

      Delete
  12. I enjoyed your lovely birthday post today Sue, LOVE the celebration painting and the cheerful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lets celebrate! I unawares put my name twice there.
    Happy PPF birthday dear Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely Happy PPF Sirkkis :D)
      Twice is good too xx

      Delete
  14. Sue this is a marvellous post, what a wonderful celebration of the day & to give thanks to Kristin & Eva. Painting as well as any art marks can be such a release of the day and it is something that never leaves.
    I'm blessed to have met you through PPF what a wonderful journey it has been so far. Here's to many many more creative days.
    Hugs Tracey xx
    P.S Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very kindly Tracey, that's lovely what you've said and yes, my feelings are likewise... it's really nice being able to share creative days with you. Happy PPF :D) xx

      Delete
  15. Encouraging advice, Sue. I very much enjoy seeing your artwork. Happy anniversary to PPF It's good to belong to such a supportive group of others who enjoy drawing and painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda!
      Thanks for your cheery words and yes it is nice to be part of the group... as is my stickability record with groups, I've found my niche with PPF :D) xx

      Delete
  16. Hi, Sue. I haven't been around PPF as long as that, but I still enjoy posting my work. I love your pieces today. So much fun and colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't post each week solidly but it's where I mostly do... glad you're enjoying it John, that's what its all about and your lovely mandalas add to the variety of artworks there. Cheers and thanks for your comments :D) xx

      Delete
  17. Luv your PPF birthday card. I agree PPF blog hop is a fun place to be. Thanks for dropping by my blog today Sue

    Much🌹love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillena, always fun to see your work and to catch up with you... cheers :D) xx

      Delete
  18. a delightful birthday tribute Sue! Happy to get to know you and your art thru PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Linda :D)
      Likewise, it's always fun and eye-opening at times at all the ways art can be created xx

      Delete
  19. Wonderful post Sue! And I totally agree (which is unusual) with all of the self educating we can do on YouTube. Your birthday card was perfect. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan... thank you :D)
      Definitely, and sometimes I enjoy just settling back and putting a painting tutorial on slo-mo ... it's a lovely and restful thing to do. Appreciate your words and Happy PPF to you too xx

      Delete
  20. Oh that is such a joyful cake, I can see how much you enjoy PPF from this cake and I love the first ever vibrant piece you did with the two birds and flowers and all the patterns and bright colour. How nice to write some encouragement to those who think they cannot paint. You are right, just do it and see what happens and ignore the rules that "Real Artists" (haha!) say one must do. I am thinking of one particular rule which a "Real Artist" told me I must never do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, and it was fun doing that abstract as well - I think I'll do more of them and see what happens!
      It's sad if some are put off before even starting.
      Happy PPF :D) xx

      Delete
  21. Felicidades. Me encanta. Besitos y feliz día de la mujer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "Congratulations. I love. Kisses and happy women's day."

      Thanks so much Teresa... Happy Women's Day to you too :D) xx

      Delete
  22. Can I have a slice of that cake please? So many delicious layers! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. most certainly :D) Thanks for visiting and Happy PPF :D)xx

      Delete
  23. Oh what a wonderful post for PPF 8th birthday and lovely and creative artworks!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Carol, always enjoyable. Happy PPF :D) xx

      Delete
  24. Those are good and true words that you wrote. When I paint it's first and foremost for myself, and yes, the rules don't apply then. I just do what I enjoy. It's good that you encourage that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carola - I spent quite a few hours yesterday sketching faces... I'd been feeling a bit ill (overate the previous evening!!) but just taking my mind off myself for that time with art worked so well. Plus, I had a finished sketch as well. Art can provide many things for many people. Cheers!

      Delete
  25. lol. love your first entry to the group, I´m a birder too you know :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. How nice and thoughtful of you to capture the celebration of PPF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful work Sue and i hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's always great to party with pretty cake and candles :)
    I agree what you write about us posting our works on PPF.
    My headline 'I'm not an artist...' is true (in Finland at least). If you're not educated you can't or shouldn't call yourself an artist. Like professional person is 'author' but anybody who writes can be 'writer'. I just found suitable words in English 'Hobby Artist' or 'Amateur Artist'... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit and comments.

      Interestingly, when discussing this with my hubby just before, he made a comment that led him to do a bit of research and found that there were quite a few famous artists who were self-taught ... Vincent Van Gogh, Henri Rousseau, Frida Kahlo amongst them! I found that so interesting.
      Cheers now :D) x

      Delete
  29. I think I have to look for my first PPF post, too. Fun! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's always fun to look back on previous creations - thank you, same to you :D)

      Delete
  30. Dear Sue your art just bubbles over with joy. Is that not really the point of creating something? Hopefully everyone who paints finds that special place that makes them happy as well as those who get to see their work. Thanks for sharing. Have a delightful week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the point, exactly Debbie. Cheers and thanks kindly for popping in and leaving your lovely comment :D) xx

      Delete
  31. Welcome back! Those breaks are needed now and then! Great holiday photos and your posies are so pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx