Sunday, March 3, 2019

fairly random things

Hello and Happy Sunday!

I wanted to put a post together but I must warn you I'm in a strange mood and who knows what I'll put in it. No editing, no second-guessing ... just pics (old and new), a bit of art, and a few words:

a pic I took quite a few years ago of this Emu... I like that stare, it speaks volumes!


It was a quick coffee on the verandah for us
today....

... as soon as the sun came out - we went inside.
Another hot day, but cooler ones ahead thankfully


I love this wallpaper from our phone


Yesterday we went to the fish and chippy shop
we pretended we were on holiday
because when you're on holidays you can break
'the rules'  


... then for a walk



Oh, you people at the Internet Office:
  "Hmm... actually, I was connected to the Internet! "



loved this door in a hallway at Mum's care home


oh how I hate taking up hems... just saying



Ice Cream!!!!   Yum
[mentally jumping up and down with joy]

Coffee Fudge with Rum and Raisins on top
 (Hubby has the best ideas)


???? - stuck on what to do with this lol


heh heh, when we were first married, I had no
idea of what to cook - we took a liking to these!


these are bricks created by school children ... a couple of old pics, thought I'd share today





I was lucky enough to have grown some Ixias a few years back



 Pamela
inkpen and acrylic on paper



I do love terracotta

Well, that's it for this post.  Thank you kindly for visiting.
I hope you have a really nice week ahead... here's a lovely thought: 
... found on Pinterest 


52 comments:

  1. that was a FUN post to read and see ..from the cranky look on the bird, lol to the terra cotta pots and that fish and chips looks SOSOSO good. That is a really unusual door and i like it ...looks like a real bookcase. Nice that you had a nice walk and so you are still hot there... I would take a little heat from you but not too much. We got down the mountain today and surprised ourself after we did an errand we needed to do with finding a great spot to take a hike/walk/movement///whatever....we got out and moved - felt so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Sandy, yes the fish and chips tasted as good as they looked :D)
      The heat here looks like it's going to calm down a bit in the next couple of days (in south east gippsland anyway). That spot where we went for a walk gets to be at least 10degC cooler, it's a lovely place. Glad you got to go out from your snowy confines... yes, a bit of a break outdoors is always lovely.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sue i agree it is a fun interesting post,hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely post, so much to see. Love the photos, and you have made me hungry with talk of coffee, ice-cream and fish and chips....I visited a big flea-market yesterday and we had delicious fried fish from a booth there, yummy! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your flea market visit sounded beaut - always makes for a nice time seeing and trying different things. Glad you enjoyed the post, thanks Valerie :D)

      Delete
  4. The sea looks wonderful in your two pictures! I suppose,in these hot days,it's a Must to catch a little breeze.
    Lovely portrait of Pamela!
    I like the armchair and coffee table on your veranda. It indicates a lot of good taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Duta and, yes, down by the sea really does reduce the heat... that little walk has shade all along it too, we felt good for having gone there.
      Appreciate your kind words re my sketch, I do enjoy doing the faces :D)
      We enjoy our spot out on the verandah and I'm a bit proud of the coffee table... hubby made it and I painted the design on it. Cheers and enjoy your week, I wonder where you're off to next!

      Delete
  5. I just realized that I peeped into a piece of your life: your life is good, your life is wonderful. It brought smiles into my face too. infectious. Keep having a nice day too Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did indeed Annie, and we're very lucky to be enjoying our retirement as we do. Thanks for your visit and for leaving your lovely comment :D)

      Delete
  6. Hello Sue, fun post and images. Your veranda looks inviting. The fish and chips and the ice cream looks yummy. Pretty views from your walk. Life is good. Enjoy your day, have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Eileen.
      Life really is good and it was nice to put a bit of it here, lovely to see you :D)

      Delete
  7. What a lovely variety. As you know, we're in the depths of winter. It's lovely seeing your warm photos. I try enjoy each day, but it's hard some days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn and, yes, brrrr - I've been amazed at how much snow you have over there and in many other spots, it's been incredible and I can only imagine what it must be like living with it all.
      Spring and Autumn have a lot going for them don't they!!

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed your post today, love that Buscaglia quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine - glad you did :D) All the best with your wrist ---- awkward!

      Delete
  9. Oh gosh, how I love this marvellous post! From the first bold fellow to the last wise words of Buscaglia your post is super enjoyable, Sue.
    I wish you and yours a lovel week ahead 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sirkkis - how lovely of you to say and I'm really glad you did.
      Have fun this week :D)

      Delete
  10. Brilliant post and a great mixture of beautiful pictures. Oh yes, Vesta meals! I loved them lol. I love the bricks. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lin... how great you had the Vesta meals too --- weren't they 'modern' when they first came out, a whole meal in a packet, lol, those square little pieces of "beef".
      For old times sake we'd look in the supermarket sometimes but haven't seen them for years now.
      I too was really impressed with the bricks, clever children... and imaginative teachers!

      Delete
  11. PS what is the bird? It looks like an egret but the wrong colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an Emu Lin. There were a few wild ones running around in a paddock nearby our town and I was fascinated to see them.
      They can be quite cheeky sometimes in parks where there are picnic tables, they've been known to come up and snatch food out of people's hands. They have a vicious kick apparently, so I kept a fence between us at all times ;D)
      Thanks for your interest Lin, cheers!

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness Lin------thank goodness hubby looks through here ---- the (egret-like bird) you were obviously referring to is a White-Faced Heron. They seem to be in the area all year round :D)

      Delete
  12. Me ha encantado tu entrada. Las terracotas también me gustan. Feliz semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: " I loved your post. I also like terracottas. Happy week."

      Thank you very much Teresa! Even when terracotta is broken I still keep it in the garden :D)

      Delete
  13. Thanks Sue for reminding me that the little things can be just as enjoyable as "events".

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful post! I so enjoyed all the photos of flowers animals and blue skies and water. We are in dreary days with hardly any sun and temps for the next 4 days in the single digits here in Chicagoland! And all the delicious pretend "holiday delights! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh so cold over your way... and here we are with our kind of weather.
      It does make a difference when the sun comes out after those grey days - stay warm :D)

      Delete
  15. this was a fun, random "dump", i quite enjoyed it!!

    the emu - be careful
    the coffee - i remember your coffee art
    too hot - it's freezing here but ice cream is perfect on a hot day. your combination looks yummy!!

    the bricks are beautiful and such a great idea...they will last forever!!!

    and the fish and chips - YuM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Debbie - glad you enjoyed it and, yes, I do keep a distance from those emus ;D)
      ah, our coffee art - they were fun... I still see stuff in the foam!

      Delete
  16. Super fun post Sue, I think the Emu's expression is too funny.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice of you to leave your comment, thanks Diane :D)

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. thank you Anne - hope you're feeling better by now :D)

      Delete
  18. Sue I had such a delightful visit today...lots of wonderful pics and a great glimpse into the things that make you smile too. Have a lovely day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you enjoyed it Debbie - sometimes I want to post but ... blank.... ha ha, so the random selections really appeal then :D)

      Delete
  19. I just love posts like this.
    A joy to read and see.
    You've just got to love the expression on Emu's face :)

    I love the quote by Leo Buscaglia.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for telling me your faves Jan... cheers :D)

      Delete
  20. A fun post of random pictures. I enjoyed them all, but especially the artwork, the interesting door and spotting a lizard among the terracotta pots. I'm sure you enjoyed the walk, the icecream and the fish and chips. Have a lovely rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda :D) thanks, yes, we did enjoy that walk, it's nice and flat with little seats along the way to rest and gaze! lovely to have you visit

      Delete
  21. Lots of random pictures. I like the emu's expression. If it was my picture of flowers I'd add lots of lines with a pen maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda!
      Appreciate your suggestion re the picture - I got stuck and so will give that a try :D)

      Delete
  22. Wonderful collection of photos today! The emu has that 'Oh, you didn't just say that', expression :) Fish and chips and ice-cream are one of the sweet pleasures of life, aren't they? Lovely walk along the water, too. The bricks made by the school children are precious. Hope it cools down for you nicely. Falling snow here.....xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Karen, heh heh sounds good to me :D)
      Yes, thanks, today is a beautiful 22degC ... we were feeling a bit chilly even!! Cheers now

      Delete
  23. LOL love it. Random indeed. This would have to be your most eclectic post yet. An insight into your mind that day? ;-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki... ha ha, yes, you know me well .... I was variously, p...d off with the heat, fed up with the internet, hungry for some junk food, needed to be by the water, needed to stretch the legs for a bit and... then, tried to balance a fairly off mood with stuff I'm grateful for - in a nutshell - all good now ;D) xx

      Delete
  24. Great variety of this and that! The bricks by the kids are cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx