Friday, February 22, 2019

Pizza Night ~ Happy PPF!

Hello!

Pizza night at our place... or, rather, pizza afternoon! 
We're retired, we eat when we're hungry ;D)

So, high on pizza, I decided to draw ours. 

It's a fast paint and, ok, it does look like a "Floating Pizza" lol, but it was fun to do and that's always the main thing isn't it:

Watercolour and inkpen on paper
Click on the icon below and pop over and join the happy artists at Eva and Kristin's Paint Party Friday blog... to have a look or to share what you've created recently.

Before I close, I'd like to send supportive thoughts to fellow Aussies up in Queensland... not only have you had to endure fires, then floods and but also looters while people have had to evacuate!!  Thankfully, police have today charged a man in connection with up to $80,000 worth of  looted goods. 
Still not finished, a cyclone is currently bearing down on their coastline.  

85 comments:

  1. Your pizza looks great, and now I am getting hungry....Sorry to hear about the bad luck in Queensland, it's so awful that people rob those unfortunate ones to add more sorrow. Really disgusting. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh it tasted yummy too Valerie. It's been a while since the last one ;D)
      thanks for visiting and your caring thoughts πŸ’









      Delete
  2. Love love that pizza! I might need to go for one of those tonight :)) Happy PFF! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're definitely contagious ;D) nice to meet you Raine! πŸ’

      Delete
  3. Delicious and well done, Sue - wasn't eat it yest but at least well painted LOL!
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very kind of you Sirrkis, lovely to catch up again πŸ’

      Delete
  4. Hi Sue great drawing,now I feel like pizza lol. Can't believe people steal when disaster strikes,only hope karma gets them back. Queensland and its people have suffered so much,sending them all much love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ’ thanks Shez and, yep, that pizza seems to be 'catching' ;D)
      definitely put the old karma to work with the likes of them... grrrr.
      enjoy your weekend

      Delete
  5. It's unfortunate how some people tend to make a bad situation worse by manipulating it for their own desires. Your pizza looks tasty, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is John - greedy people.
      thanks, it was ... and we have a couple of leftover slices in the freezer now too :D)

      Delete
  6. Luv pizza haven't had one in a long time though. Yours looks yummy😊

    Happy PPF

    MUCH🌻LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Gillena, it's nice to have one occasionally. Cheers :D) πŸ’

      Delete
  7. AHHH Pizza, it is my favorite. YUM! Your pizza painting is great. MY prayers go out to the people in Queensland! Enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoyed this one too thanks Eileen... thin and crispy crust :D)

      Delete
  8. So sorry to hear about Queensland, I know Arizona in the States is being battered by a huge storm. Your pizza looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the weather world-wide is causing lots of problems.
      thanks re pizza Christine πŸ’

      Delete
  9. What a lovely inspiration! We do the same thing, eat when you are hungry!
    I'm so sorry for the mess out there. We're under 30 cm snow.
    All of you are so inspiring! (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's nice not having to stick to a schedule anymore isn't it.
      wow, 30 cm of snow - it's crazy all the extra snow that's falling over there.
      cheers now Jenn :D)

      Delete
  10. Great idea! Your pizza looks delicious. It seems that no matter where we live, we have some weather elements to deal with. This is our gorgeous season in FL, if you can ignore the mayhem the people seem to create. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Susan... luckily I put leftovers in the freezer - we may have even had a pizza brekky!! lol
      yes, the weather is changing to be of extremes these days

      Delete
  11. Such a happy, colorful and delicious painting...I'll take a slice please :) Love it!
    So sorry to hear about the troubles of those poor souls in Queensland~

    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok... lol, keep an eye out in your post - some slices on their way ;D)
      thanks for popping over Jan πŸ’

      Delete
  12. Wonderful colors! Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great and thanks Anne, shall do and you too :D)

      Delete
  13. i think the pizza looks like a yummy pizza on a beautiful, colorful tablecloth!! we too are kind of retired, but not really...but our eating habits have changed. we eat early, dinner is at 3 pm and peeps make fun of us but i don't mind!!

    i am still trying to figure out the toppings you had on your pizza!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Debbie, it's always real nice to eat and sleep whenever you want... cosy :D)
      ah now, toppings... ok... the red bits are capsicum, the brown bits are mushroom pieces (the way I've drawn them is a tilt to hubby who left them huge when he chopped them lol), the lighter brown bits are onions and then some crumbled fetta, and then assorted pepperoni and salami slices covered in melted cheese!

      Delete
  14. I love the pizza drawing (i now want pizza for dinner) and the tablecloth is so cute. Didn't know how bad it is in Queensland - hope all that is going on ends soon and life returns to normal for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sandy... I just went with it and enjoyed doing it, still with the taste of it in my mouth ;D)
      yeah, those poor Queenslanders... can't take a trick at the moment

      Delete
  15. La pintura se ve muy bien. Espero que pronto se recupere todo. Abrazos para ti y Queensland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "The painting looks very good. I hope that everything will recover soon. Hugs for you and Queensland."

      Thanks very kindly for your lovely thoughts Teresa :D)

      Delete
  16. Your pizza looks great. Sorry to hear about the troubles in Queesland. The same thing happens here in the US. Some people are just heartless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nicole :D)
      Yep, some people certainly are... and then, thankfully, lots aren't πŸ’

      Delete
  17. Love your pizza and colorful cloth too!
    What a shame that not only do these people have to deal with natural cause losses but looting as well:(:( Hope authorities are able to keep away other looters or catch them and haul them away. happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks very much Linda.

      yes, the police are on the job... for sure :D)

      Delete
  18. Your pizza is tempting me to order some later, it looks delish! I'm sorry about what's going on. The weather has been intense with climate destabilization...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha, yes, do it Lisa... pizza is good :D)

      so true, the weather needs a good talking to ;D)

      Delete
  19. Delicious! Not just the pizza but the painting. Love your style and the way you use colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Vicki, it was ... the dough has made the difference ;D)
      thanks re painting, it's a funny little thing and yes I do love using colour xx

      Delete
  20. Pizza night for us too, and our daughter's first ever taste of pizza (she's almost two and really wanted to try what we were eating). No surprise that she loved it! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's always a tasty easy meal isn't it...
      isn't it cute watching our littlies trying things for the very first time :D) thanks for your thoughts πŸ•

      Delete
  21. During a storm it usual best to stay dry and have a nice warm pizza.
    Coffee is on and happy art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly... sounds like you've had a lot of snowstorms over there ! cheers now :D)

      Delete
  22. It's good. The tablecloth looks pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tarang... I don't keep to the rule of painting - as in "make only one thing the focus"!
      keep painting :D)

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. thanks Lin... glad you enjoyed it too :D) πŸ•

      Delete
  24. This is a real happy Pizza painting Sue. I love the snazzy background.
    Happy PPF Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tracey, it was a quickie... but a fun one, often the best kind!
      lovely of you to drop in, enjoying our art together πŸ•

      Delete
  25. Did you really stop to paint the pizza before eating it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nah Joan... I was "high" on pizza when I painted it (took photos before hand) lol :D)

      Delete
  26. fun is good! Love your pizza even if it made me think of a clock,

    Re Queensland, My granddaughter arrived to Townswill a week ago. She will be studying a Masterclass in Marine biology. The area was still wet when she arrived. I was in Queensland a few years ago on a birding trip and know all about fires and floods from then. Of course I told my grandaughter about it. She will live right in the middle of it for a couple of years,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Monica, I could go with it looking like a clock - we can each see something different in a painting, that's why I always love to be told when that happens so, thanks :D)
      As you know, your granddaughter will be in a most beautiful part of our country as she studies. Like most places those extreme weather events come and go... she'll have a wonderful time for sure and perhaps you have a very good reason to make another trip to Aus :D) 🌏

      Delete
  27. I have always loved Australia. We learned about your country in third grade and it has been a dream of mine to visit someday. My heart and prayers go out to those who have had to endure such terrible things--and as the cyclone grows closer. I also LOVED your painting of pizza. Made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do come Beth - and when you do I hope that as well as cities you're able to visit the regional areas, coastal and inland and perhaps some of the outback... that way you get to see the real Australia :D)
      Thanks for visiting and for your kind words 😊

      Delete
  28. pizza is good but those ladies and your commentary are excellent!!! I like your style! Leeanna at not afraid of color (who paints, quilts and sometimes quilts her paintings)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I so love your pizza paining, Sue! It looks very appetising. The tablecloth is fantastic. What a fun sketch :)

    I am very happy to hear that you were not affected.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Soma - it was fun... done on a (pizza-full) tummy ;D) cheers!

      Delete
  30. Pizza πŸ• is looking delicious.:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super pizza. I love a piece of pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks good enough to eat and I like the tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your pizza Sue, and the colourful table cloth :)

    My thoughts go out to all those people who are dealing with the terrible weather in Queensland. I hope they do catch the looters, what a terrible thing to do ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, what a tempting pizza you've managed to paint!
    Thinking about the Queensland people, and wishing them better times!
    Weather trouble everywhere in the world, and that, unfortunately, brings about criminality too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Duta, it was a spur of the moment paint but then those kind are the best fun. It was tasty in real life too :D)

      Delete
  35. Sue looking at your pizza made me want a piece. Great job. Sorry to read about your fellow Aussies...the weather has certainly been challenging everywhere. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie :D)
      Yes, the weather is bizarre now

      Delete
  36. Wonderful pizza Sue. The fires and weather have certainly been terrible. It seems the weather is changing for the worst everywhere around the world.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear what the people in Queensland are having to go through. My heart goes out to them. It is always a sad state of affairs when you hear about looting also, adding to the grief of having one's house burned down or rifled through when evacuated.

    On a happier note your painting of the pizza is lovely and makes me want to have one for our next meal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, such bad things can happen ... yes, and it's sad.
      Thanks re the pizza, I like to escape in painting :D0

      Delete
  38. Terrible for those people and animals. Last day of summer and really don't feel like we've had a summer if I'm honest. Only a few hot days here in Maleny (for which I'm very thankful). Your cheery pizza is very uplifting Sue. Here's to a safe Autumn for us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, reading about what others have in the way of heat, I'm thankful too - only a few stinkers ... having a run of 30C at the moment but keep telling myself... its not as bad as the 40C days - be grateful ;D)
      Thanks re pizza and, yes, your thoughts exactly re Autumn!

      Delete
  39. Great pizza, Sue, and I love the "checked tablecloth", very colourful. A Pizza is an unusual painting subject, I love it.
    Our weather is nuts here too, it has been really warm, but happily it is misty and cold today, the "right" weather for February in the U.K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to say - I love your new header with the ladybird marching along. I hope it is new and not one you have had for weeks and I haven't noticed, haha!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sheila... lol, I wanted to enter something in PPF and pizza seemed good ;D)
      appreciate your kind words.
      my headers don't stay up for long! thanks, it's a digital arrangement I made from a square card - cheers and enjoy your weekend

      Delete
  40. I love this! It is so colorful and fun, as you say! I am sorry to hear of all the bad weather and natural disasters! I wish the best for your friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Gloria and thank you kindly for your lovely thoughts. Nice to see you :D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx