Tuesday, 20th October, 2020
Hello!
I never used to do mending - but with lots of a sheet (used to make masks) left over, I thought I'd patch up Hubby's work trousers... the patches looked a bit bare, so then the fun began:
I never used to do mending - but with lots of a sheet (used to make masks) left over, I thought I'd patch up Hubby's work trousers... the patches looked a bit bare, so then the fun began:
An inkpen and some acrylic paint. So far they've been through the wash twice and still look ok!
Monday, 5th October, 2020
Today is lovely!
Caption: just snapped this pic from our side window... beautiful, sunny day seen through our jungle of Nasturtiums
There was rain overnight - 5mm worth. Great for the garden and now, this morning, the sun is shining and all's well.
Hello! I hope this finds everyone well and happy and enjoying those ordinary, everday, things in life 😊💖
Yesterday we went for a picnic, after a little walk (the breeze was cool but the walk felt good):

Then back to the car for lunch:
Simple, little things, but they mean a lot.
As to painting. Here's a little collage of some.
I love this new abstracty kind of way to paint, its something I stumbled on to just by playing around and experimenting, painting over old work etc.
Time for me to do some visiting of blogs now, so cheerio!





Stunning Header!
ReplyDeleteThe bread looks good! Simple, basic things are the best!
Hello Duta and thank you. I had a bit of fun pasting old paint-wipe papers onto that canvas and painting them and then prettying it up with acrylic paint.
DeletePearls had been on my mind and I had a go at painting them and was pretty happy at the result, so glad you like it as a header :D)
We really enjoy sandwiches at times and were happy that our country regions are allowed to leave home (within our State), it was a lovely outing.
I do love your new painting style!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Christine :D)
DeleteYour new art is fabulous. Glad you were able to get out to see wonderful scenery and enjoy a picnic. Stay safe, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThanks Valerie, very much. Its fun trying different ways!
DeleteIt was so nice, to get out for a while. Folk in our capital city, Melbourne, are still confined to within 5km but we in the country are allowed a bit more freedom. Masks are still mandatory... which we are quite happy about. All the best to you
So glad you could get out for a picnic and you found pleasure in the experience and your surroundings. Your paintings are so pretty. Wishing you well.
ReplyDeleteHello Linda, it was a lovely day... all these little freedoms that are coming back. I hope things are ok with you, will pop over and visit shortly. Thanks for your kind thoughts
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteA walk and picnic sounds wonderful to me. Love the flowers and your art work. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!
It was lovely thanks Eileen, and its always great to see yours and participate ever so remotely ;D)
DeleteGreat paintings. Awesome painting technique.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Anne, I appreciate that. All the best to you
Deletefirst off, i LOVE your banner and those other paintings - simply gorgeous. So glad you are blogging more again. I like Instagram but i love when you blog. What a great day it sounds like you had. Hey good idea about taking sandwiches along and also gathering a bouquet. I did that this last spring and had fun findings wildflowers to bring home but i forgot the sandwhiches, darn.
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy, thank you!
DeleteThats so nice of you to say :D) instagram and blogger have their differences and I enjoy both. I created my instagram account to validate being a local artist in my hometown where I sell an occasional card or painting and I put my insta address on those items. Have met some lovely folk on there too, like-minded and always interesting.
Always great to have a Blogger chat... we can kind of 'pull the chair up' and have a nice long chat at times!
I've loved seeing what you do with the leaves you've been finding on your recent walks. As for the sandwiches, well, cold sausage and green tomato pickle... one of our favourites (curried egg being the other)!
What a fun time you had, with this virus you have to just find something fun to do now.
ReplyDeleteHugs Diane
Hi Diane, yes that's right, there's so many more things I'm finding to do while at home and to be able to take a little outing like that was perfect. Thanks for your visit
DeleteLove the swans and your new art! It sounds like you had a lovely time. Picnics are always fun. :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of your week,.Serena xo
Thanks very much Serena... yes, indeed picnics are always fun!
Deleteoh the birds...in the paintings, they are so beautiful!! i LOVE car picnics, that is what we have been doing, as we are not ready for restaurants. the contents of your sandwiches (i read above) sounds interesting. we usually have egg salad or ham & cheese, those are our favorites!!
ReplyDeletethat is a lovely bouquet of flowers you picked!!
Debbie, thank you... I'm liking doing birds more and more these days :D)
DeleteYes, make-your-owns for picnics are great... your egg salad sounds yum and must say, ham and cheese isn't too bad either!
It always surprises me how big a bunch of things can be picked when out like that, there's always something blooming.
Cheers!
Looks like a lovely place for a walk. Your paintings are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Karen, it is a lovely spot... just 20 mins down the road and we're at the water (lake and ocean)... heavenly!
DeleteAppreciate you visiting
I love your header painting! The pearls look so real, Sue! It is nice to see the swans about, and I know how you love them. Wonderful pictures, and a fun picnic. Your new paintings are fabulous, and I love how you paint your birds. Have a wonderful week Sue! Lovely post, and hugs coming your way! ♥
ReplyDeleteHi Suzanne, and thanks for that... sometimes its hard to step back and see the illusion of paint, but when I take a photo of my painting then it is more see-able. My pearls' string has broken, for ages now, and I was thinking I must get a qyote to have them fixed as they are very precious, that being my inspiration.
DeleteI appreciate your thoughts hope life's treating you well and that you're enjoying the cooler weather!
You're such a talented artist! Enjoy your posts!
ReplyDeleteThats very lovely of you to say Bica, thanks so much
DeleteHello Sue
ReplyDeleteIn these rather strange days I so agree with you, it is the simple, little things that mean a lot, and each and every day I do my best to ensure that I reflect on this.
I like your art work here.
Enjoy these October days.
All the best Jan
Yes, always Jan, there's so much to be enjoyed and these days have shown all of us what matters. Thanks for your enjoyable comments and visits Jan :D)
DeleteBeautiful photos, super artwork and how lovely to go on a picnic. As a child I remember going on picnics with my parents. Cold sausages, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, cheese and sandwiches, usually sliced ham :) We haven't been on a picnic in a long time. You've sown the seed, thanks my friend :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Denise! How lovely of you. We started picnic-ing in our early pre-marriage days, no matter the weather... and its stuck.
DeleteOooh I like what you take too (Debbie above shared her choices as well).
Hope you go on a picnic soon, and thoroughly enjoy yourselves :D)
Debbie's choices sound wonderful also. When we got married and I used to go over to hubby's ship after his day, I would pick him up at the pier and we would find a place to have a picnic not too far away. If it was raining it would be 'car picnic time'. Those were fun too and watching the rain coming down the windows. Have a great week Sue :)
DeleteAww, that's a sweet memory Denise. Rain on the windows... romantic too :D)
DeleteGot to say, you sparked another memory I have of picnics. Years ago, I held down what was a fairly stressful job at times. Now and then I'd get a little note handed in at the front desk by my darling inviting me to lunch. He would make up a salad plate and all the trimmings and we'd go to eat it beside the river.... ohhh, that stress would just melt away! xx
How sweet of your husband, such a dear! What a perfect way to relieve stress too, so thoughtful :)
DeleteThanks Denise, yes he was... and is a dear :D) xx
DeleteA beautiful post. Nothing like a car picnic. Lovely art too. Enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteThats so nice of you Nicole, thank you and isn't it beaut to find out how many others enjoy things like that. :D)
DeleteSue thank you friend for sharing your picnic. It looks like the perfect day to enjoy your spring weather. Your paintings are just gorgeous. Love the abstract technique and your subjects are beautiful - birds and flowers. Doesn't get any more lovely than these.☺ Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate your thoughts about my way of painting Debbie... more and more I'm enjoying the challenge of including a bird or two in my paintings (having taken thousands of photos of them in our garden lol).
DeleteMe alegra verte feliz Sue. Tus pinturas se ven preciosas. Un abrazo.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "It's good to see you happy, Sue. Your paintings look beautiful. A hug"
DeleteHello Teresa, thank you so much ... I love to paint and always appreciate your kind words
Its ages since I have been on a panic. Looks like a lovely place for a walk. Your paintings are interesting
ReplyDeleteWe're still hesitant on going into cafes or restaurants Diane. Numbers are low in regional Vic but, as shown recently in Kilmore, some (and I stress, 'some' people from Melb who have permits to come in to regional areas don't respect the fact that they still have to abide by their restrictions.
DeleteSo, we play it safe and resort to the old thermos and sandwiches... lovely!
It makes me happy to see that you had such a lovely day, and I must say, your paintings are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Lon, appreciate that
DeleteSunlight shining through leaves always delights me so I loved your shot.
ReplyDeletethanks Joan, yes, something so uplifting seeing the light in that way... glad you enjoyed it
Deletedear Sue i loved you new header painting it is gorgeous !!!
ReplyDeleteand i absolutely loved your new with brush and paint :) it is astonishingly stunning and captivating ,that parrot stole my heart away believe me :))) you are beautiful artist and paint right through your soul ,everything coming from with has always power to touch heart indeed !
i enjoyed glimpse of your car picnic
water through trees looks fascinating !!!
i think true joy is all about little things and small events of life though sorrow we bring into our life while running after bigger things that don't matter at all
may lord keep shower of his blessings upon you and your's always !
Hello Baili, I'm really happy you enjoyed your visit :D) To try and do these paintings is always good fun and makes for happy times, especially when things aren't very nice in this world at times. We all have the power within us to choose better thoughts and painting enables that for me.
DeleteThank you for your kind visit and all good things to you too
Nice to get out for a picnic. Lovely art work.
ReplyDeleteIt certainly was, nothing like being near the water and feeling that breeze. thanks Lin :D)
DeleteHello Sue, I don't know how I missed this.
ReplyDeleteYour walk, the lake, the wild flowers and your sandwiches - all so touching and heart-warming. This is why so many of us come to your blog, to see happy things.
The small happy things are the best, aren't they?
Do I see a parrot through your nasturtiums - or is my imagination in over-drive?
Aw, Hi Sheila and, definitely, those seemingly every day ordinary things are the stuff of life, for sure :D)
DeleteYes, you see right, its a pottery parrot who hangs outside our window... purchased from one of the gifts of $$ our children give us sometimes for birthdays (I always get a kick out of going shopping with gift $$! and buy whimsies such as the parrot)
The simple things are often the most beautiful and fulfilling ones. I like your paintings, especially the birds. To have such talent!
ReplyDeleteThanks so kindly Carola :D)
Deletelove that banner. Your mending is cute! I have a few things I need to mend but I haven't touched a needle and thread in about 20 years, lol. not even to sew on a button. hope all is well and you are enjoying your garden.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Sandy. It was very much an impulse thing (doing that mending)... believe me! lol!
DeleteYes, thanks, all good and the garden is lapping up a lot of rain at the moment.
I like your mending on your newer post :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thanks Jan :D)
DeleteGreetings Sue, love Hubby's work trousers patches what a super cute idea.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't find a comment section under that post so I just posted here.
Hugs Diane
Hi Diane, thanks... it was fun but I don't think it will be happening again, lol!
DeleteYou art is lovely!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Anne :D)
DeleteThose paintings are stunning. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteSo nice of you, thanks Bica... they're always fun and peaceful to do :D)
DeleteI’ve coincidentally been thinking of using unloved old paintings to start new paintings. Your post inspires me, and I love your painting!
ReplyDeleteIt brings them out of the cupboard once more! Glad it inspired you Barbara, thanks for telling me... and I appreciate your lovely comment :D)
DeleteOhhhh it is so pretty there. There is nothing like lunch in the car.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely! Thanks Nicole :D)
Delete