Sunday, April 12, 2020

A Garden Wander and then back to Painting ~

Hello!

Thought I'd have a wander through the garden earlier today and share the pretty things going on in it.

Hope all's going well with everyone.  Its been nice to see all the different things you're doing to pass the time in isolation... sewing, baking, painting and clearing out drawers and cupboards, sorting photos.
(I've been a silent visitor over this past while ... lol, unusual for me to be a bit lost for words but as I say, it's been nice to visit even so 💝)

Having a garden is something I'm always grateful for.  I feel so much for those who don't.

Here's some photos in the order that I wandered....















strawberry flowers are so delicate and pretty I always think













Back to a painting I've started.  I had a thought to do dolphins underwater and this is as far as I've done.  I have lovely music playing as I paint, its very nice to listen to.

painting in bubbles ... I love doing bubbles!

not finished yet

I think this is a lot of pictures in one post but I couldn't decide which ones to take out [smiling]

Thank you for your visits always.  I'll see you over at yours.  Take care, all the best, Sue xx

63 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! Your garden looks wonderful. I miss having a garden these days, but I do have a balcony with flowering plants, so that's something. You have a great variety in your garden to keep you busy. Love the new painting, too. Stay well and safe, happy Easter, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Valerie... and, thank you. I can understand so much how you must miss your garden Valerie. To have your flowers on the balcony would still give you joy - for sure. I do realise how fortunate we are to have this area. Lovely to talk with you and you too, keep well and Happy Easter xx

      Delete
  2. Your garden is a JOY! I love the variety you have in there. It really brought a lot of inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing them Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annie... how lovely, I'm glad it has - the vegetables are of my hubby's hard work I should say. We love to eat them from the garden as I know you enjoy yours as well xx

      Delete
  3. i am grateful for this post and sharing dear Sue :)

    your wander to garden brought deep joy to my soul ,what a delightful collection of flowers around you ,Happy spring ,enjoy the blessings my friend and most precious blessing is REALIZATION of having them believe me :)
    oh i loved your painting undone yet though ,still powerfully and appealing ,you have neat hand and amazing skills
    stay safe !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Baili, thank you very much... yes, I am always grateful to be able to still have our garden. To be fit enough to keep things maintained as much as possible. Each day is valued for those reasons xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Sue, so nice to see your post today I'm trying to limit my online time and focusing on other things but i'm so glad you shared such a peaceful space I feel I could sit and just ponder all day. I'm lucky to have a little outdoor space but no where as established as yours. A joy for those that do not they will be so thankful for what you have shared. Beautiful picture of you painting, lost in the moment whilst listening to those tunes, what a stunning piece this will be Sue again i'm grateful that you have shared your talents with us all. Take good care of yourself & stay safe, sending Easter blessings your way xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your visit Tracey, thank you. The freedom to be able to go for a wander like that, especially in these restrictive times, is something I treasure and value. Your kind words are valued too xx

      Delete
  5. You're lucky to have your art and garden!
    The variety and beauty of the flowers in your garden leaves one speechless.
    The dolphin painting is superb!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duta, yes I am and I know it - the garden holds cuttings of plants that bring happy thoughts of loved ones and conversations and laughs recalled ... your visits (and insights) are always appreciated xx

      Delete
  6. Hello Sue 😃 Thank you for sharing the photos of your gorgeous, beautiful garden. I confess I'm enving you, I haven't any and here gardens are not yet blooming. I've done lot of things at home for quarantine. A little Nordic walking on beach nearby 😷
    Wishing you healthy, happy Easter 😘


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Sirkkis :D)
      I love how you create your gardens, and those who inhabit them, in your journals and that always tells me how much you would enjoy one of your own. Hoping that plants and flowers will bloom soon over where you are... enjoy your beach walking and thank you for visiting xx

      Delete
  7. Hello, your garden looks beautiful, so many lovely plants and flowers. I love the cute garden statues too. Your dolphin painting is beautiful, well done. I love dolphins. I hope you had a happy Easter. Take care, stay well.
    Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to see you here Eileen, thank you. Glad you enjoyed my painting as well as the garden and those little whimsies in it! Thanks so much and, yes, may you also have a happy week ahead xx

      Delete
  8. Oh Sue...you have a beautiful garden!
    You didn't have to many photos and I enjoyed my walk along with you.
    WOW!!! Your Dolphin painting is marvelous!!!
    What a talented artist and Gardner you are!!!

    Big Hugs Always ❤🌷❤🌷❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jan... it's fortunately a pretty self-looking-after garden these days - only the toughies survive lol! Glad you enjoyed the walk, its amazing what even a few minutes outside can make isn't it.
      Thank you about my dolphin painting too - it is relaxing to do! Keep well xx

      Delete
  9. ❤️❤️❤️ Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful garden! Also, a beautiful free painting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehehe, you are "talking" to the girl who has a love for endless pictures in a posts. the garden looks so pretty, with such a great variety of plants. i too, envy anyone who is not lucky enough to have a garden!! the dolphin painting reminds me of home...they often come in pretty close here at the jersey shore to frolic and play. you can see them easily from the shoreline!

    i hope you are well. well from the virus and settling in to life without mom!!! happy easter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, oh yes Debbie that I know ;D) gone are the days I would spend time wondering which ones to use... what the heck - in they all go!
      How lucky you are to see dolphins so easily where you live, such a thrill it must be.
      Yes, thanks we are well and coping fine - as I hope you and yours are xx

      Delete
    2. thanks sue, we are doing very well!! i hope you are having a great week!!!

      Delete
    3. That's great Debbie... I've been keeping an eye on news over your way too. Hugs and good wishes xx

      Delete
  12. Hello! I can't tell you how much I loved my visit to your garden! Most of the plants are complete strangers to me! They are so exotic looking and beautiful. You are a fine gardener. I admit last year to letting things go in my garden-but my back was bothering me-but this year, thanks be to God-I am so much better and I am so anxious to get in the dirt!
    Your painting is incredible.
    Stay safe-love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra, thank you very much. I put those plants in to grow some years ago now and am glad to be reaping the benefits nowadays. Hubby does all the vegie growing which is extra good.
      Stay well now... I modified my gardening to just pots on top of a retaining wall in the end - all our trees probably need pruning and so on but they know they have to cope now without all that extra attention... so far, so good ;D) xx

      Delete
  13. This was a very calming visit wandering through your garden and seeing your lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greetings Sue, wow your yard is amazing love all the tropical plants and your garden is fabulous.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dianne - I do love my garden and everything about it, its really a bit rough and ready but my judicious photo-taking hides all the weedy bits (nearly ;D)) xx

      Delete
  15. A lot of lovely photos. Your garden is beautiful as is your painting. I started a food garden. I am worried about the food supply here. I am having fun with it and quite excited to see how it all grows. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole, thanks so much.
      Oh yes, a food garden is worth its weight ... especially nowadays, it can extend the time before needing to go out to shop. Its always fun making up recipes to include whatever's growing at the time. Enjoy and I'm sure they will grow well for you xx

      Delete
  16. Beautiful garden and amazing dolphin painting! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wunderschön ist ihr Garten und ich habe mir alles gerne an geschaut da ich keinen Garten habe.
    Ihr Bild ist wundervoll und es fasziniert mich jetzt shcon diese intensive Blautöne und die wunderbare Geschöpfe die Delphine!
    Viel Freude beim fertig malen.
    Lieben Gruss Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation for Elke's Comment : "Your garden is beautiful and I enjoyed looking at everything because I don't have a garden.
      Your picture is wonderful and I am now fascinated by these intense shades of blue and the wonderful creatures the dolphins!
      Have fun painting.
      Greetings Elke"


      Hello Elke, I'm really glad to be catching up with you again, thanks for your visit!
      So happy you could enjoy the garden - its so easy to share in this way and doubly enjoyable when I know others have pleasure in seeing it.
      The dolphins are a lovely subject to paint and I do a little bit of them each day... hoping to make the blues such that a little bit of sand on the sea bed can be seen. Keep well xx

      Delete
  18. I've enjoyed the stroll around your garden and vegetable plot. I like the thought that I'm walking with you as you took the photos in order of your walk. I love all the greenery especially the ferns and everything looks well established with lots of interesting shrubs and trees. You will enjoy your produce. As you can imagine we are at the beginning of the season of growing, but the seedlings are coming along and we hope for a good crop come the Summer, especially the tomatoes. Your painting of the dolphin is beautiful. Such a graceful and interesting creature. May this Easter season that we are in be a blessing as you paint and enjoy your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, glad you enjoyed the walk ;D) Its so nice to have a garden and I often enjoy photos from yours.
      Its always exciting seeing the new shoots on trees and, in the case of the vegie beds, the seedlings growing (my Hubby does all the work there, I love going along picking this and that).
      Thanks for what you said about my painting - yes, they are graceful aren't they. I often think how nice it would be to swim with them.
      Appreciate your visit, keep well both of you xx

      Delete
  19. Sue it was so good to hear from you. Your garden is just amazing. I think we favor some of the similar things. Since we have been quarantined, I have found a wonderful escape in painting and my orchids. Your dolphin are beautiful, graceful and soothing. Keep up the good work and be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, yes, I've found that when seeing some parts of yours too... it is nice to have a garden and painting break - lovely to catch up, thanks for popping in xx

      Delete
  20. wow first off - wonderful work on that dolphin - it's gorgeous!!

    and i always love seeing your garden. It's uplifting to me to see the blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, real nice of you... glad you enjoyed the garden part as well appreciate you telling me :D) xx

      Delete
  21. Sue your dolphin is gorgeous...can't wait to see the painting finished. As for your garden - I had such a wonderful walk with you. Some of your flowers mirror ones that grow here but others are truly exotic...the pink and white spider like flower is awesome. Thanks for sharing and hope all is well with you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, lovely... thank you! It will be a while before I finish I'm thinking but, yes, I shall put it here when I do xx
      Those spider like flowers are Grevilleas - Australian native plants and are a favourite with nectar-loving birds... tough as, too!
      All going ok here thanks and hope same with you :D)

      Delete
  22. The garden... and painting as you listen to pleasing music.. sounds like bliss. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your visit and leaving your thoughts, appreciated :D)

      Delete
  23. Incredible flowers! Wishing we had some spring flowers blooming, but in spite of 2 acres we have little sun.. Our house is in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara... entirely the doing of nature - and aren't I grateful :D)
      Perhaps you have indoor blooms?

      Delete
  24. What a lovely wander around that glorious garden. I especially loved all the little animal statues. The dolphin painting looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello June, thanks so much and I love that you enjoyed my post... I do enjoy having little whimsies in the garden (lol, never thought I'd be like that but the older I get, the more things I add to the garden - can definitely see the attraction ;D)) xx

      Delete
  25. Your happy garden has just made my day, Sue! Thanks for the tour:) And your painting is fantastic even in its "unfinished" state. Thanks for such an uplifting post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very glad Chris, thanks very much and I do love your thoughtful comments xx

      Delete
  26. Querida Sue, me alegra saber que estas bien. Las fotografías del jardín y el huerto se ven maravillosas, me encanta verlas. Tu pintura es preciosa. Un abrazo y deseándote mucha salud para ti y tu familia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translating Teresa's comment: "Dear Sue, I'm glad to hear that you're okay. The pictures of the garden and orchard look wonderful, I love to see them. Your painting is beautiful. A hug and wishing you good health for you and your family."

      Thank you very much Teresa, its always a pleasure to have you visit. I really appreciate your kind words and wishes. Be well and all the best to you and yours xx

      Delete
  27. Oh my goodness, your painting is beautiful, as well as your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Lon on both counts.
      I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of my painting, and am taking my time with it because its just for me. I applied a lot of the paint via a rag which was different but so happy experimenting like that :D)

      Delete
  28. That's a lovely garden for wandering in, with plenty to see. And ... strawberries! that makes it even better. I don't think there were too many pictures at all. Glad you are finding good things to do during lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny and thank you .... oh yes, those strawberries. Being home grown they are still delicious and full of flavour even if not fully ripened. a real treat!
      all the best to you xx

      Delete
  29. Beautiful flowers and your garden ornaments are really sweet. I also love the dolphin art work Sue. What a talent you have!!! I hope all goes well with you my friend. I have been thinking of you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Denise, thank you very much... glad you enjoyed them. Yes, going ok thanks Denise - isolation is not too hard (kind of comes naturally lol).. been thinking of you too - dreadful figures emerging, take care and be safe xx

      Delete
  30. Lovely to see these garden pictures and I love your dolphin art.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx