Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Drawing and painting

Hello!

I hope this finds each of you faring well - considering ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’–

What a state our world is in!  Well, I reckon that there's been so much said about it that all I'd like to say is - Keep Smiling. 

I've been throwing myself into art again now.  Started the other day and very nearly haven't stopped.
Went back on Instagram and I found a group on facebook "Isolation Art Challenge" - a 14 painting a day challenge based on particular words.  Never thought I'd do that (tie myself down to a painting a day) but am enjoying it.  They're just quick sketches and I don't second-guess myself... what gets done, gets done! Makes my brain work if nothing else ๐Ÿ˜Š

Here's what I've done so far:
Day 1 - Edible:
A pot of vegetable soup - using up leftover vegies

Day 2: Time
I titled this "Time is Precious" and painted it from Mum's clock that used to hang in her room.
Thanks for being such lovely blog-friends.  
See you soon, Sue xx

63 comments:

  1. Oh! I was hoping for a recipe. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, good one Sandi ๐Ÿ˜‰
      Thanks for your visit, lovely for us all to have a smile xx

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful idea for keeping your artistic side fed Sue.
    Great ideas so far.
    A pot of home-made soup on the stove is somehow comforting.
    The flowers are beautiful and so you.

    Hugs and Take CAre ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan ๐Ÿ˜Š lovely to see you...will visit real soon!
      Its nice to get the pen and colours out again, yes, glad you enjoyed, hugs xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Sue, good to see you again in these hard times. Keep smiting, keep hopeful, this, too, shall pass. Love your art, well done in joining in the challenge! Stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Valerie, really beaut to catch up with you again - thanks for dropping in! Good advice - absolutely, it all will pass. You look after yourself too, hugs xx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful work. It’s “Art Therapy” at it’s best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barbara ๐Ÿ˜Š... it is for sure xx

      Delete
  5. A wonderful idea at that time and these are beautiful pictures of you
    I wish you all the best and stay healthy!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elke, and you too, stay well and happy xx

      Delete
  6. Delightful paintings Sue. The one of the clock is a poignant reminder of your dear Mum. My condolences Sue. I meant to say that before then events overtook us as it has done everywhere. However, better late than never. Thinking of you all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Linda, I really appreciate your kind thoughts xx

      Delete
  7. LOVE your art! So glad to see you back. Much love to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely! Thanks Debra... will be catching up soon and see what you've been a'painting ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  8. Wow these are fabulous. I love both of them. I will have to check out some FB challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! Think I can keep up ๐Ÿ˜‰ hope you find some that appeal too xx

      Delete
  9. Honestly just today I wondered how you were doing and was going to come over and ask in the last post in the comment section. Love your pot of soup and the clock. Great idea over at instagram.
    Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so lovely of you Sandy, we often click like that ๐Ÿ˜Š with our posts and thoughts. Thank you, catching up with you soon xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely to see this post from you Sue.
    I enjoyed seeing your art.
    What a great idea about the vegetable soup … but that is a very special painting featuring your mums clock, just lovely.

    Keep well and keep smiling.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you Jan, thank you - stay well won't you ๐Ÿ˜Š xx

      Delete
  11. Straight out of bushfires into this Sue, poor Australia, poor world. Lovely art for the challenge, it sounds a neat one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, poor world eh and everything - sometimes its overwhelming isn't it, breaking it down into day by day is the best and, as Valerie above said ... this too shall pass. Hugs xx

      Delete
  12. I like your artwork. Ages ago I read an article in an art magazine about a monthly challenge, a different task for each day. I think I will dig out the magazine and try it while I'm isolating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog Polly ๐Ÿ˜Š nice to meet you!
      Its worth a go, I'd never thought I'd be able to stick to a challenge... what I liked about it is that our 14 days can start from anytime - that suited me and my on again-off again ways ๐Ÿ˜‰
      Cheers, and see you at yours!

      Delete
  13. Me alegra verte. Espero que todo vaya bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "I'm glad to see you. Hope everything goes well. Kisses."

      Thank you kindly Teresa ๐Ÿ˜Š and my very good wishes to you - we're all in this together xx

      Delete
  14. Hello Sue, it is great to see you and your art work again. You are creative and talented. Take care, stay well. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and likewise Eileen, thanks for your kind words xx

      Delete
  15. My fave is the first one. I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lin, very much ๐Ÿ˜Š - its one I can stick to because even though its 14 days, we can pace whenever those days fall. New starters all the time. Keep well over in your spot in the world xx

      Delete
  16. Hello sue, love the art work. Glad you are finding something fun do these days.

    Stay well.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, real nice to see you, thanks and yes, there's always things to do xx

      Delete
  17. That's a fun way to stay in control of the situation. I can imagine you will paint some stunning ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's real nice of you to say Diane, thank you. Usually I take my time on making art but these are quick ones (kind of another little challenge I set myself)... all the best to you xx

      Delete
  18. Oh this is best attitude i ever saw to face this situation dear Sue :)

    it is saying here that "business is best entertainment " and i think you art adds more glory and meaning to it when you use it to lighten your soul and brighten your moments :)
    such a lovely art ,i never saw as gorgeous clock before ,you relived the clock from your mom
    stay blessed and well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Baili. Its always lovely to have you visit and, yes, to make art is an especially nice thing to do and its fun to share my efforts with blogfriends xx

      Delete
  19. Sweet inspiration, Sue! I adore your dear artwork, especially your Mom's clock. What a nice idea to help with the 'stay at home blues'. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thanks very much - yes, still enjoying participating... I love that the rules are quite loose, I don't keep it up every day... rather, more when I have an inspiration. Hoping all's well with you, will pop over now for a visit xx

      Delete
  20. These are great. Looking forward to seeing all 14 days.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Sue,
    I definitely made a comment on this almost as soon as you put it up, but Blogger must have eaten it.
    Here it is again, I can remember (roughly) what I said.

    "Hello lovely blog friend yourself!
    I really like your painting of making soup, it was just what I was doing a few hours ago. Love the tea towel and the way you have painted the vegetables so that we can see them "in the soup".
    That is the most beautiful clock I have ever seen. What a lovely idea to paint your mother's clock.".

    Hope all is well with you both in your house and garden. It is lovely to see you blogging again.
    Lots of love,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww sorry about that Sheila, I did a check ... yep, blogger's black hole has struck again.
      How lovely of you to come back and leave another one (isn't it the pits when you have to think of the comment that just disappeared ...well done to you and a hug )
      Soup is a go-to the whole world over isn't it!! I kept those vegies whole to be my little laugh...glad you spotted ;D)
      It is a pretty clock, thanks, Mum had only recently found it at an op shop on an outing with my Sister and even though it wasn't working she'd remarked how much she loved it, so I have it here and am continuing to enjoy it too.
      Lovely to see you again and yes, all ok here thanks... hope all is good with you too - our gardens are our saving graces aren't they. Cheers now xx

      Delete
  22. I hope you are doing well, Sue. I love both paintings...day 1, "Edible", is the best! I've been pretty busy homeschooling my grandson. Even with schools closed they have to keep studies going. It is very grueling. We are hanging in there, and it's good to see you. Take care, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Suzanne, yes thanks all going well over here. Hope its the same for you.
      Homeschooling would certainly keep you busy. Its nice you can do that. All the best and lovely to see you xx

      Delete
  23. Oh these are quite lovely! I especially like "Time."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know Lisa... I appreciate that xx

      Delete
  24. Wonderful Sue, I love these. I do hope all goes well with you and your family. Wishing you good health through this dreadful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, thank you and the same to you as we all go through this momentous time in our lives xx

      Delete
  25. You're so talented! Your first picture, 'a pot of soup', has a lovely realistic simplicity about it.
    The clock and your Mum reminds me of my Mum and her clock. It was a desk talking clock, telling her the time as she couldn't see (glaucoma). After her death the clock kept on going for about seven years without anyone touching the battery. It was mysterious and chilling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Duta, that's so nice of you to let me know.
      The things that spark our memories are all around - we're all different but, really, the same in that regard aren't we. Its uncanny how your Mum's clock kept going like that xx

      Delete
  26. Hello Sue!
    Your paintings are always so nice and expressive.
    These two make me smile.
    Thank you Sue for your friendship,
    take care and stay healthy xx




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sirkkis, and thank you ... glad you enjoyed them. Always lovely to catch up with you and I appreciate you good wishes. Hope all's good with you as well xx

      Delete
  27. hoping all is well with you - ... are you having to do the isolation thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandy, thanks so much. Yes, we're in our 5th week of isolation and its very strict but, hopefully, will pay off in the end.
      Hope you are coping ok over there xx

      Delete
  28. excellent...two priorities!! i really love the drawing go the pot of soup!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx