Friday, February 14, 2020

A Posy with Love ~ Happy PPF ~

Hello !

Love is certainly all around, so here's my little contribution for Paint Party Friday:
"A Posy With Love"
Acrylic on canvas board
Its one of a number of paintings I took in to our local Art and Information Centre today to be for sale, so I've been varnishing, labelling and (drying ... well, waiting for them to dry lol) over the past few weeks. 
I feel really happy for my art to have been included with other local art and craft folk in our town.

Its also so nice to join other artists online over at Paint Party Friday.  Here's a link if you'd care to join us: 

I'd also love to catch up with any Blog-friends who are on Instagram.  Its fun to find each other and realise we know each other from Blogger-Land.  Here's my Instagram link   Cheerio for now xx



81 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful painting, and you certainly deserve to be included in the artists of your town. Good luck with the sae and happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Valerie, its lovely to catch up again xx

      Delete
  2. Hello, love the beautiful flowers and your painting. Good luck at the art show, you are very talented. Have a happy day, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, thanks so much and wishing the same to you xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely painting, Sue. And congratulations for to be honored by your town.
    Happy PPF and Valentine's day (we celebrate it today) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sirkkis, it was lovely knowing my paintings were going to hang beside others - they all make a pretty sight! xx

      Delete
  4. Stunningly beautiful painting!
    You are an amazingly talented artist Sue.
    Your gorgeous flowers are compliment nature's own beauty.
    How wonderful that your talent will be on display with other artists paintings...a beautiful sight.

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jan, so lovely of you to say. I really love painting flowers (oh, er, I may have mentioned that a few times in the past ha ha, but they make me feel happy when doing them).
      Our town really supports arts and crafts and, yes, it is great to be a part of that xx

      Delete
    2. Just popped over to yours Jan and I see you're taking a little break. All the best and see you later on xx

      Delete
    3. I am afraid that my emotions got out of hand again.
      I realize that I have been on a roller coaster of ups and downs but I keep trying to find the exit and get my feet back on solid ground :)
      Thank you for being so understanding and kind 🌹❤🌹

      Delete
    4. aw Jan, I'm glad you saw my message and thanks for replying. Its a hard time you're going through and its beaut when we can catch up but always remember there's no pressure, things take as long as they take. Hugs xx

      Delete
  5. Very , very pretty! In my favorite shades of purple, as well. I’m curious as to the size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara, so much appreciated. Its on a 5" x 7" canvas board - I like to do lots on that size... not too big of a reach (being kind to my arm ;D)) xx

      Delete
  6. Oh this is a lovely painting! I hope you sell lots of your art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so beautiful and cheerful! Best of luck on your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue this is by no means little, it send a huge big happy hug to us all. I love the composition, i'm sure just like the others in will be snapped up in no time. You are so talented. Sending PPF Hugs your way Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracey I appreciate that and for your positive thoughts xx

      Delete
  9. Beautiful flowers and wonderful that you could display in your town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, very much.
      I do enjoy the fact that I can have them in our own town and alongside other local artists and crafters, its a nice feeling xx

      Delete
  10. Gosh Sue, your painted flowers are just stunning. Love the soft colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. very soft with the lavender background, and shading on flowers. Nice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanna - I use chinese white to smudge the edges when I've finished, I like that effect! xx

      Delete
  12. Beautiful. Happy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this flowers painting!!!!Wonderful!!!
    Happy PPF, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really lovely of you to say Elke, thank you xx

      Delete
  14. Hi Sue! :) Happy Valentine's Day!! :) Your posies are just beautiful, I envy those who can paint pretty flowers! Congratulations on the exhibit!! :) This would be perfect for my art date, the theme is Love, you should add it to my link list too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rain and thank you (the same to you) xx
      Appreciate your kind words and invitation!

      Delete
  15. Great to be selling and displaying your lovely art in town Sue. beautiful posies painting. Best of luck with the show, and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do like your painting, perfect for Valentines Day :)
    That's great that your work is included with your local art and craft folk, if I lived nearby, I'd definitely visit.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, thank you... that's lovely of you to say xx

      Delete
  17. this is a lovely piece. Love both colors and the flowers. Maybe one day I can create something like this. :)
    Congratulation o the Art and Information Centre. I´m sure it will sell well. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Monica! Thank you and, oh goodness, I'm loving your art!
      Thank you for your kind wishes - some will find a home if they're meant to xx

      Delete
  18. I appreciate your lovely comments Laurie, and thanks for your visit. Have a lovely weekend yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful art Sue. Happy you dropped by my blog today

    much love
    💖💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful painting. I love the soft colours and texture of the background. You are very talented and I'm sure your paintings will be appreciated and sell well at the Art and Information Centre. Each one would be a lovely purchase as a gift. Thank you for coming by my blog and leaving a kind comment. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thank you very much and I appreciate your lovely thoughts xx

      Delete
  21. Wow this is so pretty. I love everything about it Sue. The background is prefect for the colorful flowers. Well done indeed. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kindly Nicole, so nice of you to say... enjoy your weekend too xx

      Delete
  22. A beautiful piece, Sue. And congrats on being chosen to exhibit in a sale environment! The best of luck to you for sales! I am on Instagram also, so I will look for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gloria, and thank you I love that I can leave some of my art there... spurs me on to paint ;D)
      It would be great to meet up on instagram too! xx

      Delete
  23. Outstanding piece of art! Good Luck with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Duta - I appreciate your compliment and good wishes very much xx

      Delete
  24. It's wonderful that your local art and craft town got this great opportunity of sharing your talent...for indeed you are so gifted and talented Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, that's lovely of you to say. I'm appreciative to have been asked to put some of my paintings with others for sale - its spurred me on with new inspirations! xx

      Delete
  25. this is outstanding (stealing duta's word, but it is the best word)! i just adore the colors you used in this piece, it reminds me of your garden and my favorite color!!

    how did you make out at the sale?? i'll bet everything sold!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw Debbie, thank you very much. Yes, I enjoy using those colours.

      Oh, things don't work as fast as that but I love your enthusiasm xx :D)
      I finished 11 paintings and left them there, they will put out a few at a time hanging alongside other art and crafters' work. That's how its been working with my cards too, some sales now and then.
      Its mostly tourists, or people passing through town, who, if they stop for a break, might come into the Art & Information Centre. Its a chance thing and the area is only just opening up again now that the fires have abated and the roads are open. Things roll along nice and slowly in our country towns - I like that, no pressure, just the feeling that I can paint to please myself and then, when they're finished, if I haven't used them for loved ones, there's a place they can go!

      Delete
    2. "things roll along nice and slowly in our country towns - I like that," i would like that too. my town is all about the hustle and bustle...i don't love that, or all of the traffic. my little square, an acre on the water, on a small cul-de-sac works well for me. it's quiet here and one of the reasons i love being at home!!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Debbie, I appreciate the peace and quiet that we have once more in our town.

      I understand exactly what you're saying - your spot in the world sounds lovely... nothing like feeling at home and being lucky enough to be where we're happy and contented xx

      Delete
  26. This is exquisite ~ ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sue your flowers are just beautiful...I am so glad to see your lovely art. Have a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debbie, its always nice to paint flowers... isn't it - your flower paintings inspire me xx

      Delete
  28. Bright and beautiful, Sue. Your paintings are imbued with a deep feeling of love and joy. A reflection of your soul, I'm sure. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki! Thank you for that, that's how they make me feel as I'm painting them xx

      Delete
  29. Muchas felicidades Sue. Un abrazo fuerte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "Congratulations Sue. A big hug"

      Thanks very much Teresa xx

      Delete
  30. Well done! This is really beautiful.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. your flowers are absolutely gorgeous dear Sue :)))

    perfect treat for valentines day!
    wishing you more love peace and happiness in days ahead my friend!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats very kind of you Baili, thanks so much xx

      Delete
  32. wow, love that banner painting - ...and the flowers you posted ...I'm behind everywhere so glad i finally am getting caught up in a few favorite places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sandy, I'm starting to slow down in blogging again - ebbs and flows ;D) Cheers and take care xx

      Delete
  33. Lovely painting, Sue!! I specially love the background. I am not surprised at all that this wonderful artwork has been included.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your work is getting better and better. Congrats on the sale.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx