I'm so into flowers at the moment.
They're driving me to ... paint 😊
Can't resist taking photos of supermarket flowers, so I filled my latest header with them.
Below are some pics from around the garden and some paintings from over this past month, inspired by the joy of flowers, pure and simple.
May I include one of my favourite thoughts:
"We may think we are nurturing our garden but, of course, its our garden that is really nurturing us" - Jenny Uglow
Our Grevillea "Robyn Gordon" in bud and,
below, in its full glory
Loving this time of year... its Grevillea Time!
Our Grevillea "Robyn Gordon" in bud and,
below, in its full glory
Loving this time of year... its Grevillea Time!
![]() |
| A bouquet for Mum |
~ Thanks for your visit.
I shall be having a little break from posting, lots of things to catch up on, but will be popping in to say hi on yours every now and then.
Go gently ...
See you back here in a while-ish,
Sue xx ~









Hi Sue wow love your header and your garden and paintings/drawings are awesome,thankyou for sharing them with us my friend xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Shez, very much :D)
DeleteYes, I agree, it's the garden that nurtures us! You have some amazing flowers!
ReplyDeleteThanks kindly Carola :D)
DeleteWonderful flowers and paintings!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the quote :)
Thanks very much Evi :D)
DeleteHi Sue ...amazing amazing flower photos wow ... and I love your paintings - ..you have been busy!! Enjoy your blog break ... that first painting - definitely my favorite - bold and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandy, really appreciate your thoughts :D)
DeleteThanks for sharing the wonderful flower photos and all of your beautiful flower paintings which you do so well. Flowers are always fascinating, and I love to stop and admire them when I am out and about. Don't stay away too long, I will miss you! Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThanks Valerie, that's so nice :D)
DeleteHello, you new header is pretty. I love all the beautiful flowers and your paintings. Enjoy your break! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Eileen :D)
Deletei did not know where i was as your page loaded...GORGEOUS!!!! flowers at the food store are so pretty, i always wander around in that section forever!! stunning new header, so colorful and bright!!
ReplyDeletei LOVE the apple blossoms!!
i will miss you while you are gone...i hope you accomplish those things that need to be done!!
Thanks kindly Debbie!
DeleteReady made bouquets are always lovely, can't resist 📷📷 them ;D)
This is one of the most beautiful postings I have ever seen!
ReplyDeleteSo uplifting and so cheerful...just as you are!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs~
aw, that's so nice Jan, thanks very much :D)
DeleteWOOOOOOOW!
ReplyDeletelol, thanks Anne :D)
DeleteSue your photos as well as your lovely art is wonderful. Loved the quote too about how the garden nurtures us. I know mine does. Now that we are heading towards cold weather I will be visiting yours to find some extra nurturing :)! Have a lovely spring day. Hugs
ReplyDeleteSo lovely, thanks Debbie :D)
DeleteWhat a lovely post, Sue, all the beautiful flowers and your lovely paintings.
ReplyDeleteI love everything here and my special favourite is the second painting which is so soft and gentle and peaceful, such a clever painting.
I'm just back from a blogging break, so I hope you enjoy yours.
Lots of love,
Sheila
Many thanks Sheila! I tried something new with that particular painting, acrylic and extender... had fun :D)
Deleteexquisite flowers and paintings Sue!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Christine :D)
DeleteI really appreciate that, thanks Laurie :D)
ReplyDeleteI love the quote! Such beautiful flower photos. I love your paintings of the flowers in vases!!
ReplyDeleteThanks June, it really strikes me how true that quote is ... some just get you like that don't they!
DeleteAppreciate your comments, cheers :D)
Always struck by the amazing shapes in flowers. Even some of those tiny ones you need a magnifying glass to see are worth looking at.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely Jenny - every single day I discover more flowers and their unique shapes ... each of them have such a short existence too. I too really love the tiny ones. The same for tiny birds, they're so extra-lovely :D)
DeleteTodo me gusta. Te espero. Besos.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "I like everything. I wait for you. Kisses"
DeleteMany thanks Teresa, its always good to take a break and come back fresh isn't it... and, equally, always good to catch up with everyone again :D)
Beautiful photos, beautiful art.
ReplyDeleteThanks very kindly Lin :D)
DeleteLove your beautiful flower paintings, Sue. You have taken super photos. Amazinly great insects there!
ReplyDeleteHave a happy weekend and great upcoming week xx
Thanks very much Sirkkis... its fun to capture the creatures too :D)
DeleteFabulous photos, art work and flowers. Just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Diane ... cheers!
DeleteI love your header …
ReplyDeleteLovely thoughts from Jenny Uglow …
Beautiful photographs and paintings from you …
Enjoy your blogging break, see you when you come back.
My good wishes.
All the best Jan
Really appreciated, thanks Jan! Cheers :D)
DeleteOh your so clever. How I wish I could pain
ReplyDeleteIt my three year old granddaughter paints better than I do lol
That's really lovely of you to say Angela, thank you. I bet your little granddaughter enjoys her painting all the more when you give her your encouragement ;D) It was beaut to catch up again, and thanks for dropping in xx
DeleteDear Sue i am stunned with your art work as well your captures :)
ReplyDeleteboth made beautified my day :)
each painting is exquisitely beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am so impressed by the flower pot you painted ,such an elegance you put in them by making them flowery either
thank you for sharing all the delight
i loved the thought ,so true our garden sprinkle peace and joys on our souls which are truly valuable than any other worldly happiness
they connect us direct to our Nature and to who is created it
I really appreciate your beautiful thoughts Baili, thanks for telling me. I'm so glad you enjoyed it all and I know how much your garden means to you too :D) xx
Deletebest wishes for your break my friend!
ReplyDeleteThank you! 💐
DeleteWhat a beautiful quote and I could not agree more! You captured such lovely colours in your photos and in your paintings too. I not only love the flowers in yours paintings, I also love how you paint the pots and vases. A stunning collection of real and painted flowers.
ReplyDelete-Soma
Hi Soma and thanks so much, really happy you enjoyed them. I get a lot of enjoyment out of creating the pots and vases as well as the flowers! Cheers :D)
Deletecame back and saw more - how did i miss some of these - ...your paintings are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy, lol...no, you didn't miss them... I've been adding a few more now and then. Sneaky me ;D) Have been doing lots of other things lately and I pop back in to check on blogfriends etc and added some more to the same post because I'd also put them on my instagram. Really nice of you to re-visit - cheers! xx
Deletehaha..I'm the fox - nothing gets by me, lololol. I knew that top painting - I hadn't seen it before - so so so beautiful. and a few others in there. Now I will keep peeking ....just to see .... I have a "keen" eye for beautiful art...
ReplyDeletelol... you did, you found me out ;D) - ?Detective?
DeleteThanks Sandy and am real glad you enjoy them xx
i will have to visit your instagram. I started an account when I had a tablet and then lost it at an airport so i can see instagram but can't post from my laptop. Don't have a cell phone , don't want one but Mike has one so we stay connected to kids.
ReplyDeleteI'd love it if you visit.
DeleteYes, I can see your problem. Having a cell phone is good, we got one for overseas travel and taking pics (not as heavy as a camera to lug around!). Its just a cheapie but I am enjoying having it.
I'm still learning about how to operate instagram (one of our granddaughters kindly gave me lots of pointers on it to get me started) and am using it to offer my cards etc for sale online and to give a social media presence for people who have purchased my pieces from the local information centre.
A nice side effect from being on there is that I've met up with fellow blog-friends, plus even more people with similar interests.
I sound very driven to sell things don't I, but its all quite casual and at a nice pace that suits me.
Cheers Sandy, and enjoy your weekend :D)
i don't think i saw your instagram address. anyway - loving these blooms and your impressions of them.
Deletethanks again... its @fancifuls.bysue
DeleteOlá Sue,
ReplyDeleteComo vão as coisas do lado de cá?
Com certeza são as flores que nos dão inspiração e força.
Maravilha de desenhos!
Todo o tipo de separação e muito dificil
Mas que bom que vocês conseguiram voltar pra casa;
Obrigada pelo seu comentário; a casa não tem
o requinte ou o luxo das grandes casas de madeira
mas eu gosto bastante deste estilo.
As casas de madeira do seu país são lindas! casas na
árvore, pequenas casas sobre rodas, casas normais de madeira; por isso fico contente que gostou da minha pequena casa.
Boa entrada de mês de novembro.
PAZ E BEM.
Hi Sue,
How are things going around here?
It is certainly the flowers that give us inspiration and strength.
Wonder of drawings!
All kind of separation is very difficult
Glad you guys made it back home;
Thank you for your comment; the house doesn't have
the refinement or luxury of the large wooden houses
but I really like this style.
The wooden houses of your country are beautiful! houses in
tree, small houses on wheels, normal wooden houses; that's why I'm glad you liked my little house.
Good November entry.
PEACE AND GOOD.
Hi there Janicce! Thanks for your visit and, yes, we made it back home ok - very tired after our lovely trip :D)
DeleteThanks too for your lovely thoughts on this post.
We live in a small home and enjoy it and I love how you have made your house a lovely and comfy home. Its the little touches here and there that make the difference isn't it.
Cheerio and I see you've a post on succulents for November ... I will see you there xx
LOL Obsessed with flowers? Just a little bit. What a fabulous affliction to have, though. Love all your flowers, but I must say that the supermarket flowers have nothing on your arrangements and paintings. Yours exude joy and warmth. You know they come from the heart.
ReplyDeleteHi there Vicki... ha ha, you know me well. BTW, the fuschias have kept blooming all this time, even after I gave them a cut and transferred them down into the rainforest. They're happy as!
DeleteThanks for those beautiful thoughts, lovely to catch up xx
Wow, that's amazing about the fuchsias. Must be good stock. The gift that keeps on giving. xo
DeleteIt most certainly is xx
Deletewow, those latest flowers are wonderful - I am loving what grows in your reality - ...awesome.
ReplyDeleteThanks kindly Sandy, hard work initially but now just a little light pruning as the mood takes ;D) xx
DeleteYou can never have too many flowers Sue! They bring so much pleasure into our lives. They inspire you and your paintings are so pretty. I love your style. The quote about the garden is so true. Enjoy your blog break and look forward to your return after some relaxation and refreshment.
ReplyDeleteHello Linda! So sorry I missed your comment ❤︎
DeleteYes, that quote spoke to me immediately and I thought it would to just about everyone else. Thanks for your visit xx
Oh your flower paintings and your photos are so very pretty! I love them, thank you!
ReplyDeleteThank you very kindly Lisa :D) xx
ReplyDeleteLovely flowers, and amazing art!
ReplyDeleteThanks so kindly Anne :D) xx
Delete