Wednesday, September 11, 2019

some This n Thats and mixed feelings but mostly good!

Hello!

Well in our little part of the world, we woke to a frosty morning... here's a shot I rugged up and walked down to take from the back of our yard a few days ago.

I don't usually do this on my blog but I'm getting a bit deep in my thoughts following this photo...
It's always a tranquil view - no matter what the weather.  A nice spot to look out and contemplate things, important things, things like how darn lucky we are to be enjoying such peace.
I feel for those people who are battling far too early bushfires in two of our States - lots of them lit by vandals would you believe! Our dedicated firefighters and their supporters are brave beyond words.
The recent hurricane victims overseas - so much devastation - so much to do to rebuild. The trauma.
The uncaring and meanness of some of our politicians (small 'p') appals me.
I shall stop now and get back on to the brighter side of life but just had to let that out.
~ Thanks for listening Dear Blogfriends ~

Earlier in the week ... spotted in the supermarket... cold tootsies!:

but then I saw some pretties:

I remembered a lovely blogfriend,   Denise  of  'An English Girl Rambles' blog, did a recipe for strawberry bread (I've taken the liberty of including the link to that Denise ... thanks in advance). Well, strawberries are plentiful and cheap here atm so Hubby popped a few extra into the trolley this week.
Last night I felt we needed cake in our lives again - Hubby agreed - so I made one inspired by Denise:
We both loved seeing that ooze of strawberry peeking though

... and it was yum, nice and moist and hit the spot.
A bit crusty but that was because I was on the computer and forgot it until I smelt something cooking in the oven - oh the joys of this certain age lol ;D)

Now, I'm feeling really chipper, got to say.
Some may recall a recent post I did on my felting.

Well, after meeting with Joy from the local Art & Information Centre they initially took  4 of my felted pots (on commission).  One has sold already and I was asked to bring in another two  - woo hoo - as I said to one of our granddaughters... I'm doing a (grandma-version of a happy dance)!
there they are... sitting next to other local artists' work and I'm thrilled!


They also bought a selection of my cards and will be putting them out soon.  It's a bit quiet at the moment but once the tourist season starts it gets more active.
There they are, there's my babies - each one painted with happiness!

just one more look:

Thanks for popping in and, as always, its lovely to catch up with everyone. 
Cheers now, and extra special good thoughts to my blogfriends in Queensland and New South Wales, Sue xx
oh yes, nearly forgot... I'm on Instagram now (thanks to our other granddaughter who taught me about hashtags etc xx).  Have already met up with blogfriends on it and would love to see you there too if we haven't already connected!
Instagram@fancifuls.bysue

35 comments:

  1. Sad about the fires - living in the mountains in California we have the same issues - people who like to start fires on purpose or accidentally by throwing out cigarettes or having open barbecues when it's windy. Anyway congrats on selling your felting pieces and your beautiful cards!! And that dessert looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, yes you'd certainly know all about that.
      Thanks for your visit and good wishes. I like the way it all came about and, best of all, its doable... no pressure, at my own pace :D)
      It was delicious thanks xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely felt pieces and beautiful cards! Let's pray for all affected in fires and devastating hurricanes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Christine for your beautiful thoughts on all subjects xx

      Delete
  3. Fires and hurricanes are devastating issues. May God help those in the affected areas!
    Congrats on the success with your felted pots!
    The texture of your strawberry pie looks mighty delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most certainly Duta.
      Thanks so much, its added another dimension to my painting and felting but, as I said to Sandy above, at my own pace.
      The little chunks of strawberries are lovely to bite into... we had another slice each tonight after dinner (a pretty thick slice I should add ;D)) xx

      Delete
  4. Wow, congratulations on your BIG successes, I'm so happy for you. Doing an early morning dance (in sitting) for you! The view from your place is breathtaking. The morning is chilly here, too, that's good! I will never understand these idiots who start fires, so sad, so bad. And that cake has me longing for a slice right now! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thanks very much Valerie - its fun and kind of gives me an added purpose to my painting etc :D)
      It is a lovely view! So glad you're starting to get cooler weather - it was so hot over there... especially when its not the norm.
      Ah yes, there's so many people in the world who get their kicks for one reason or another by hurting others.
      lol, the cake is lovely - having those chunks of strawberry in it I dropped back the amount of sugar and it was just right.
      Enjoy the rest of your week won't you :D) xx

      Delete
  5. Hello, your strawberry cake looks yummy. I always enjoy your artwork, well done! I am a believer of Climate Change, the storms/wildfires are much worse now. You do have a lovely view, I hope you have some warmer weather. But no fires! Enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks Eileen very much and I always appreciate your supportive thoughts too :D)
      Yes, change is certainly happening - and all over the world.
      Glad you liked the view, it's sometimes a 'crunchy' walk if its too early in the morning! All the best xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Sue! I love your post! I couldn't have expressed better the tragedies and sadness that so many are experiencing in our world today! Uncaring and meanness equals trauma!

    Your cake looks so delicious. I have made a cherry/almond coffee cake that resembles your strawberry one, and it was too good, but hard and timely to make.

    Congratulations on having your wonderful cards and felted pots on display for sale-what excitement and joy selling your art to others! All of your photos tell their own wonderful stories today. Stay cozy...we are desperately hoping for cooler weather soon! Have a great week, Sue. Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne, nice to write things down and let them out sometimes isn't it. I appreciate your thoughts too.
      Your cake (with coffee esp) sounds yummy but you're a better cook than I... if its hard I skip it and go for easy these days ;D) However, after all your efforts, I bet it was a beauty.
      Thanks re the cards and pots. Its nice to have them in the local Centre with others from around our town - there's quite a collection of arts and crafts there.
      Hope you get your cooler weather and we're looking forward to more sunny days. Cheers now xx

      Delete
  7. Your pots are lovely as are your flowers! I hope it continues to go well for you. The cake looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate that Lisa, thank you very much - its fun and adds to my day!
      The cake was very yummy, and not too sugary - just right! Cheers xx

      Delete
    2. Your felt pieces and cards are fantastic!!!
      You have brought much beauty to my day with your art and photos.
      We live in a sad world now where destruction of lives and property are becoming to numerous.

      Hugs You Dear and Talented Lady ❤💮❤

      Delete
    3. aw, thank you so kindly Jan - that's really beautiful and I'm really happy they had that effect on you.
      It's always lovely to communicate via our blogs isn't it, it's nice to buck one another up as needed :D) xx

      Delete
  8. Lots of stuff whirling around this post, and I'm glad for the positive progression it took. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad you stuck it out to the end thanks Rose.
      I appreciate your comment and visit, welcome :D) 🌿

      Delete
  9. That is a beautiful view and I do echo your thoughts and feelings.
    Prayers and positive thoughts are needed.

    Your art is lovely, and that cake looks delicious … I've just made a cuppa and feel sure a little piece of cake would go well with it :)

    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    Sending positive thoughts and my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, your beautiful thoughts and wishes are lovely to know and that's what we each can do isn't it... 💐
      oooh yes that cake was delicious indeed and that reminds me, I secreted a leftover chunk into the freezer - am thinking today we need cake again... will see if Hubby reads this anytime soon ;D) [wicked laugh]

      Delete
  10. Hi Sue lovely post,yes lots of positive thoughts are needed.
    Oh your cake sure looks yummy,think i might have to try this one.
    Oh wow Sue you make the most beautiful projects and i hope they sell really well,such a lovely shop that you have them in,wishing you all the best my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shez! Beaut to see you and ready your lovely comments.
      It's nice to have another dimension to my cards and nests - it gets me going and I've lots of ideas buzzing around. Best of all, it will be at a slow pace, and its fun getting some done as reserve for whenever. Appreciate your kindness too xx

      Delete
  11. Todo se ve tan lindo Sue,me encanta todo. El pastel se ve delicioso. Por España también hay bastantes incendios y siento una gran tristeza.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "Everything looks so cute Sue, I love everything. The cake looks delicious. There are also many fires in Spain and I feel a great sadness."

      Oh thank you Teresa, that's so lovely of you to say :D)
      I can understand a little of how you feel with the fires and I'm sorry your country is experiencing them too. Its worrying, yes indeed. Take care and sending hugs xx💜

      Delete
  12. Gosh Sue, you made my day. Thank you so much for the shout-out. Your strawberry bread looked perfect and I loved your pretty plate. I enjoyed your series of photos and like you I am very sad for those around the world who are dealing with horrendous events in their lives. I’ve heard about the bushfires, and the hurricanes were just awful for folks. I truly do hope they get the help they need. As for the politicians, well let’s hope they do the right thing and without delay. Living in hope here. Your sunflower art is gorgeous and all your photos make me smile. Congratulations on selling one of your felt pots. I’m sure the others will sell really fast too, as well as those beautiful cards, they are very pretty. I’m on Instagram too but have no idea how to do a hashtag, though I see a few blog friends have found me. I’m going to have to do some homework :) I have waffled on long enough, sorry about that but my fingers just kept on typing, lol. Enjoy your day and weekend coming up.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, really lovely to see you! Thanks re the cake - it was a great idea of yours and went down a treat. In fact, I love seeing all your "cooking on a monday" posts. I like the way you add that little tweek ;D)

      Thanks for sharing your thoughts too. Its nice to have a 'mind-purge' as I call it at times - more healthy than simmering about things I guess. I appreciate your comments Denise💜

      Thanks re my pots and cards - its given me incentive to do more of them now, my wrists limit how much but each day I include some art which is a lovely relaxing thing to do. I enjoyed seeing your digital paintings too - really exciting to see those results.
      .... just found you on instagram! hashtags are fun actually, if you want to see what other people have posted on a similar subject just type in that subject's name with a hashtag in front of it....i.e. #ducks (no spaces), then, clicking on that hashtag will take you to a collection of duck-themed posts with photos.
      I'm not trying to sell my things on the internet but I created my instagram account to give them some authenticity as locally made as many tourists call into the Info Centre.

      Cheers now and have a great weekend! xx

      Delete
  13. so much fun today sue, your view outdoors is so pretty, even if it is frosty!!

    i find food store flowers to be a bright spot and quite beautiful!! your felted bowls are so pretty and how exciting they will be sold...now others will be able to enjoy them as well. one of a kind, homemade pieces like that are hard to find!!

    gorgeous cards, i really enjoy the "one of a kind look"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, lovely to catch up with you and thanks, it's nice to have a look out the backyard to that view. Am thinking they may well have been the last of the frosts now so I'm glad I got that pic.
      Yes, me too - and I love to photograph them... I was in a grumbly mood this week (ha ha, could you tell? ;D)) and was grizzling about them covering everything in ice and then I thought to myself... jolly well brighten up so I turned around and there were those pretty flowers. Mind you, this was all while Hubby was at the check-out - I'm so spoilt, he does it all, lifting, carrying, the lot... all I have to do is stand and look pretty lol ;D)

      Now, that's so lovely of you to say about my bowls and cards and, yes, they definitely are one of a kind... I like that description! It was what Joy from the Info Centre said "that they're each little originals" - oh gosh, my head is starting to get bigger again... better stop in case I can't get out the door.
      Lovely having this catch up. Cheerio for now xx

      Delete
  14. Love your peaceful view. Hopefully it softens all the bad things happening in the world today. We are safe from fires at the moment. Well done with the pots. Happy dance is a must.Ill try to find you on instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane :D) Glad to hear all's still ok with you up there. Forgot to ask you about any smoke? That can be awful in itself.
      Appreciate your lovely thoughts re my pots. Cheers and have a lovely weekend xx

      Delete
  15. Such a happy little painting! And your view is truly peaceful.

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx