Friday, August 30, 2019

Painting with Wool ~ Happy PPF!

Hello!

Sharing this week's entry for Paint Party Friday...

I'm painting with Wool this week.  Its fun to select a colour (or, intuitively, the colour seems to select itself!) and use my felting needle as a paintbrush to create my version of a Nest... many nests in fact.

Felting has been my latest go-to activity and making Nests has become an obsession!

Nests with eggs:


Nests with hearts:
Am looking very purpley in my comfy chair and surrounds but I do love that colour and all the shades of and around it!
Thank you to my Dear Hubby for taking that shot of moi... I gave him attitude all the way through lol 💑

Some random shots of others.
I enjoy taking photos of them as well as creating:

As such, when my obsessions hit, I've been known on occasion to suggest, encourage, ok, force some dear family members to make Nests too:

...and it was a lovely shared time together recently
My previous post on Needle Felting is Here... and its where my obsession began 😊

~ Thank you for popping in and taking a look ~
There are so many beautifully creative artists over at Eva and Kristin's PPF blogspot.  If you'd like to see what everyone is up to this week just click on the button below:

86 comments:

  1. Unbelievable charming needling nests, Sue. Sure it's most relaxing to sit a comfortable armchair and create these. You are very skillful with them. Love most the first, the colors and softness are enchanting.
    Happy PPF and wonderful weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sirkkis. Yes, its a nice spot to sit and make them. I like to stand when painting so that's a bit of exercise ;D) Glad you liked them. Happy PPF xx

      Delete
  2. Forgot to thank you for showing the wonderful process. Great pictures.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love those nests, they are unbelievably lovely, and I so wish I could put my fingers into the computer and feel them! What a wonderful decoration. Fabulous colours, too. Ansd I love the idea of your visitors joining in! Have fun, and keep making these gorgeous pieces. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie, thank you... they're so soft, yes, I leave some softness in them but felt them just long enough so they hold their shape. I love to read your thoughts, have a happy creating week 💖 xx

      Delete
  4. Wow! Your felt nests are truly delightful. I love your color choices, and the texture of felt is simply perfect for a nest. I'd love to make one too, if I knew how. Thanks for your visit to my blog and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Arnoldo - I love blending the colours. Cheers and I appreciate your visit, Happy PPF :D)

      Delete
  5. Hi Sue omg these are so beautiful ,love the colours,you are so clever,well done on your beautiful work Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Shez - it's so enjoyable but I pace myself otherwise its easy to overwork the wrists. Appreciate your visit :D)💖

      Delete
  6. Oh la laa, what an idea. These are really cute. I guess it's also meditating. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! and, you're right, it is meditating - the rhythm of the needle and the little sound it makes is very peaceful. Happy PPF!

      Delete
  7. Hello, your felt nest are so cute. I love the colors and cute hearts. You are creative, I love your art projects. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always appreciate your comments Eileen, thanks so kindly. A great weekend to you too 💖 :D)

      Delete
  8. Oh my word, I adore your felting projects!!! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Anesha - lovely of you to say :D) xx

      Delete
  9. So very pretty! It must be another relaxing craft to do. It's lovely that you've been demonstrating this to others and family members have had the opportunity to have a go. The results are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! Thank you. Yes it's very relaxing, must not take my eyes off it though...that needle is deadly lol , but its very satisfying creating them. The family did enjoy it too :D) 💖

      Delete
  10. Your nests are gorgeous Susan...love that purple 😉😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thanks very much Maria ... and, yes, those colours are well loved amongst we bloggers :D) 💖

      Delete
  11. These are amazing, so unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind, thank you Christine. Happy PPF :D) 💖

      Delete
  12. Wow Sue your felt nests are so pretty.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Diane, always lovely to make some. Lovely to have you visit :D) 💖

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Mel - really appreciated :D) xx

      Delete
  14. Oh felted nests are something different. I love the nest balanced on the twigs but even more do I like the nest with the hearts. I wonder what kind of bird lays heart-shaped eggs? All the different colours and patterns on the nests are so pretty.
    It's especially nice to see you in your large comfortable chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila, lovely to have your thoughts.
      lol, it's a pretty special little heart-laying bird - rarely seen, but I find them at my door each morning so I have to keep making nests to hold them all don't I ;D)
      It is a comfy chair and very useful when I nod off mid-nesting! Cheers 💖

      Delete
  15. They are very sweet Sue - lots of fun to create I am sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks very much Lin and, yes, they are fun because I never know how each will turn out. Great to see you 💖

      Delete
  16. Purple is one of my favorite colors.
    I like it that you use the word 'obsession' without any bad feeling about it. Yes, we are sometimes addicted, obsessed. As long as it doesn't make us dependant (like in drug dependance) that's OK, even more than ok, it improves creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duta, that's nice to know :D) One of the reasons I love purple (and all its shades) is that it looks gorgeous with many other colours.
      Yes, 'obsession' was the only way I could describe it - I'm spurred on to keep making them but have to reign in myself for the sake of my wrists. It's quite adaptive in that I can use either hand to do it so that works well.
      You're right about it improving creativity because the more I make, the more ideas flow.
      Thanks, as always, for your visits Duta :D) 💖

      Delete
  17. Beautiful artwork! I love nests and they are so special and meaningful and magical in so many ways. I tried felting once and that needle is really scary my gosh I poked my self a few times and it hurts! You are a lovely artist and I really enjoyed your post. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria and welcome!
      Thanks for your comments, I do appreciate them.
      Ouch, yes, I sympathise - that barbed needle can be deadly. My dear Hubby found me some leather finger guards online and I never felt without them... still have to watch what I'm doing though. Cheers and Happy PPF!

      Delete
  18. I love these Sue!!!
    The colors are beautiful!
    You are so talented and create so many beautiful and artistic items!!!

    Wow!!!
    Big Hugs ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to know, thanks Jan!
      One idea seems to lead to the next, plus I meet with a group of ladies each Monday and we learn from each other - that's where I was taught how to do felting.
      Have a great week Jan 💖xx

      Delete
  19. LOVE your needle felted nests Sue!! So happy to see them on IG too:) I've done a bit of this felting but only by doing some landscapes on a flat surface. happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda and thank you. I'm also enjoying being on instagram too - as in blogland, there's so many creative people around and its lovely to meet up with fellow bloggers there too.
      I always admire landscapes in felt - it would be lovely to see your pieces. Happy PPF 💖xx

      Delete
  20. Beautiful felting works. It looks so therapeutic to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciated, thank you June. It is so nice and relaxing - I always look forward to felting-time :D)xx

      Delete
  21. I had a friend who did felting she made me a hand bag. The nests are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen handbags on pinterest Diane and there are some beautiful designs... I bet you love yours, it would be soft to the touch.
      Thanks re the nests :D) 💖

      Delete
  22. I am not keen on felting but these are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like these Joan, thanks very much :D) 💖

      Delete
  23. You do this so well ~ beautiful needlefelted nest ~ ^_^

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks to you Carol, appreciated :D) Happy PPF 💖

      Delete
  24. Oh my gosh, Sue! What beautiful nests! I have never heard of that craft, they are just pretty! And, great colors...I agree, purple is a favorite color of mine! You are so creative, Sue! Have a great weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, thanks so much. I go to a Monday group for art ... lol, well, there's more chat than art :D) however one of the ladies who incorporates felting into her art pieces had been telling me for a few years now how easy it was. I always thought I had to get it wet, roll out etc but no this is dry needling. She gave us a demo and we all made some things and then I started thinking of how else I could use it... youtube and pinterest came to the rescue with 'how-tos' and lots of ideas so there it started.
      Lovely to see you, all the best 💖

      Delete
    2. I also love the photo of you at work! You look happy and comfy! Have a good week, Sue! ♥

      Delete
    3. aw, that's lovely, thanks Suzanne :D) and you have a great week too 💖

      Delete
  25. Bonitos e interesante. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "Beautiful and interesting. Kisses"

      Hi Teresa... thank you very much indeed! :D) 💖

      Delete
  26. Beautiful painting, Sue! And I love your felt nests! Kisses, my friend. I am back from vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mia, lovely to see you back again - a break away is always beaut!
      Thanks for your visit and comment, very much 💖

      Delete
  27. I have a friend who felts and I know it takes a lot of work. I love your nests. These are just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, it does but I pace myself - a nest every few days and I'm happy :D)
      Lovely of you to say. Cheers xx

      Delete
  28. Lovely nests. It's a while since I had a go a needle felting but it is on my list to do again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin and thanks very much. Hope you do, there's so many things can be made using felting - my mind is working overtime ;D) xx

      Delete
  29. wow, your nests are really beautiful. I bet many birds would love to move in. I tried to fine a favorite, but that was impossible. They made me think of the nests of hummingbirds I have seen on trips. :)
    I like your new photo ikon, it is new, isn´t it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! I'd love to see one of them being used like that ;D)
      I actually thought of making one a little more enclosed and hanging it in a spot to be a possible nest... the more I think about it ... yes!
      Yes, my profile pic is an update on the previous one, it was taken recently on our trip to Vietnam.
      It's a busy week for you... all the best and, most importantly, enjoy! cheers 💖

      Delete
  30. Replies
    1. ah Beth, that's so lovely ... thank you :D) 💖

      Delete
  31. Fabulous! Your talents know no bounds, Sue. Whatever you apply your hand to, you bring your distinctive and unique creativity to it.

    Love the feather and heart additions. Not to mention the lovely photo of the usually camera-shy artist at work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now Vicki, thank you ... I do appreciate what you've said. I think my head is starting to swell 💖
      lol, yes, am getting less camera-shy publicly I guess ;D) xx

      Delete
  32. oooh felting, i appreciate and understand your obsession!! i have felted slippers, felted soap and also started a picture that i have not been able to finish. now if we lived closer to one another, we could work on that project together and perhaps you could help me finish it!!

    the nests are quite beautiful, i am amazed at all of your talents, you are so creative. getting the family involved was a brilliant notion. can we be family??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, I like the sound of felted slippers. Mum knits them for us and I'm wondering if I can incorporate felting into them as well, but still retaining her work... hmmm you've sparked another idea there!
      Goodness, that picture sounds like a fun project - and, yes, definitely it'd be fun to work with you on it... and, of course you can be family!!! However, be warned, I can be slightly bossy (lol)... I nagged them all senseless on being careful of the needles (and then guess who stabbed herself 😉). 💝

      Delete
    2. hehehehehe...isn't that the way it goes!!!

      the felted slippers were a fun project. if i remember correctly, it's been a while, you wear a plastic bag and actually felt around your foot. i think that's how we did it!!

      Delete
    3. Wow, Debbie, not sure if I could be trusted with a felting needle so close to my foot - you guys were pretty brave - and tough - back then! ;D) xx

      Delete
  33. You have made wonderful little nests! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riitta, that's so lovely of you to say... thank you kindly :D)💝

      Delete
  34. It is lovely to see you in your post Sue, please thank your hubby from me too :) Your nests are adorable and interesting to see the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise... and I shall! I had to give him that 'thank you' because, when I thought about it, I felt a bit ashamed (momentarily lol) at just how many 'bad attitude" looks and verbals I gave him throughout the photo session. Here's a tiny example: ... "you're standing too close", "hang on - my stomachs showing", "wait, I'm not ready", "awww, I blinked - again - tell me before you click!", "nooo, not just a head shot... stand further back" - and so it went.
      Gotta hand it to him, he's a patient man 💓

      Delete
  35. What a lovely post Sue.
    I've never felted, these all look beautiful and I loved seeing all of your photographs.
    You look great in your comfy chair.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Jan! I really appreciate that too :D) 💝
      It is a comfy chair... but, for the sake of the photo I removed lots of pillows that I usually have stuffed around me. I think we girls love our pillows don't we ;D)

      Delete
  36. You look so content! The felt "paintings" are lovely! Beautiful colours and and patterns. As I love autumn and winter, the first one is my most favourite :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks Soma. Really happy you liked them and to know your favourite is lovely too. I'm having fun experimenting with so many different combinations of colour and the way the wool blends is cool to see as it happens :D) 💝

      Delete
  37. Such lovely nests! I think felting can become a real obsession, I know a few people who became a victim of that. I like your nests, and I love the phrase "painting with wool".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kindly Carola - lol, yes, I'm hooked all right... just had to find what I actually liked creating with it and now I have :D) 💝

      Delete
  38. Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sharon, that's lovely of you to say 💝

      Delete
  39. wow, great new hobby and they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, am well and truly in the felting groove nowadays💝

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx