Hello!
Well... the time since I last posted went by in a flash. Nice to be back.
This must be the longest series of travel posts but back into it.
Onwards from Hanoi we flew to Da Lat which is in the Central Highlands. Da Lat was developed as a resort by the French in the 1900s because, in part, of its year-round temperate climate.
![]() |
| Minimal packing - hubby had a backpack. We were always asked "is that all the luggage you have?" |
Neither of us had visited Da Lat before so it was exciting to see what would unfold. Our hotel was out of the city and in the surrounding hills. Our taxi ride from the airport took quite a while so I put together a collage of shots I took through the window (when I remembered that is... we both loved the adventure of a new destination):
...and arrived at our hotel:
![]() |
| Our suite is on the top left of this photo |
![]() |
| From the balcony |
![]() |
| I always love to check out the bathroom... loved that we each had our basins - oooh luxury |
![]() |
| This photo is from the internet. It was better than mine and showed the surrounds so beautifully. |
I'm probably overdoing the collages a bit, but I'm having trouble deciding what to include!
![]() |
| It was warmer there than we thought, so we both treated ourselves to hats. Mine a pretty yellow one... I felt like I was blending with the flowers quite well! |
![]() |
| ...and Hubby in his smart new hat |
We'd both noticed the lovely hanging wooden planters and so I took extra pics and have placed an order for next time Hubby is in his shed with not a lot to do!
Some more orchids - just in case you hadn't seen enough (wicked laugh)
A few more shots around the gardens:
| We each did our lovey-dovey stuff at this heart prop...well, we were on our Anniversary Trip eh! I think I was trying to show "50" but got a bit mixed up ... lots of laughs though 💝💝 |
![]() |
| Heaps of amazing bonsai |
![]() |
| The umbrella had lots of little bells that were tinkling in the breeze, it caught my attention and, aw well, what's one more photo. Such a lovely place to visit! |
Think I've kind of got to the end and I hope you enjoyed the visit. Thanks for popping in xx


















A brilliant series of phots Sue and what an amazing vacation!!! Thank you so much for sharing all these.
ReplyDeleteThanks Denise, it truly was a wonderful time - lovely to know you enjoyed them. Hugs 🌻
DeleteWow, what gorgeous pictures and places you saw. Love the fabulous orchids.
ReplyDeleteHugs Diane
I'm so inspired to paint some orchids now Diane.
DeleteI didn't say so in the post but the orchid lady was so interesting, she took the time to point out two particularly amazing ones - one which smelt like chocolate and another vanilla. I was knocked out at that!
Thanks for your comment, hugs 🌻
Thanks for showing Da Lat, very exotic from here.
ReplyDeleteThanks Christine - the perfumes at the flower garden were gorgeous and, yes, a real exotic atmosphere just there alone :D) Hugs 🌻
DeleteOh Sue, I did so enjoy this post.
ReplyDeleteLoved your narrative and the wonderful photographs.
I'm so pleased you included the mosaics.
Such amazing flowers, the colours are superb.
What a wonderful anniversary trip.
All the best Jan
Thanks Jan, well that's really lovely of you to say. I'm getting a real kick at sharing our trip memories. Appreciate you mentioning the mosaics too. Hugs 🌻
DeleteSuch an exciting place! Everything, including the food on the table, is mind-blowing!
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeoue with the yellow hat, in both photos: near the roses and within the heart framework!
You couldn't have had a better, most enjoyable anniversary vacation than that.
It was Duta :D)
DeleteA real lovely holiday for sure - and was a memorable way to celebrate our years together. Thanks for leaving your beautiful comments and, oh yes every time I wear my pretty hat here at home now all those times come back. Hugs to you 🌻
Hi Sue wow great post what beautiful places you have seen and so much food there to choose from for brekkie,it all looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteOh i do love their pretty gardens,thankyou for sharing your adventure with us Sue xx
Thanks Shez and, yes, that food was crazy - so fresh and replenished as soon as a plate was starting to look a little less of things. One thing I do know is that even with all that food, nothing is ever wasted over there... there are always so many other mouths to feed within the staff families alone :D)
DeleteI'm glad you enjoyed the post and I see you also have a travel one up... must visit you real soon, thanks for popping in. Hugs 🌻
loved that bathroom.
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Powdered Toast Man :D) 🌻
DeleteHis Sue, what a wonderful trip you had. LOVE the new header, those flowers are so gorgeous. You got to see so much, and have lots of memories to cherish. Those new hats are very smart, and the photo of you in the heart is gorgeous. And that lovely food - oh my! What a wonderful choice you had. Glad you were able to make this a memorable anniversary. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Valerie. My Hubby took that photo for the header - crouching underneath one of those enormous bonsai.
DeleteLove that you loved our hats - we tried on so many before choosing! It was truly memorable indeed. Hugs to you 🌻
Hello Sue 🤗
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot for sharing us the wonderful story board from your memorable Anniversary Trip. I'am sure it was that after looking the luxury places you photographed. Flowers are extra gorgeous. In your hat you are just one of them 😊.
Have a great time back to home 👍💐💛
You're welcome Sirkkis and yes we came back tired, caught the flu (from the plane trip I suspect), but still felt so good and very happy to have enjoyed ourselves so much.
Deleteaw, that's such a sweet thing to say about my hat ... I really did feel akin to the flowers. I've got a big smile as I type... hugs 🌻
Happy anniversary. It sure is a lovely place to stay.
ReplyDeleteThanks Diane, it was - a change of pace to Hanoi and enjoyable in its own charm.
DeleteThanks for visiting hugs 🌻
Hello Sue, Your trip looks amazing. The hotel and grounds are beautiful. The food looks delicious. I love the flowers and garden visit. Lovely photos, happy anniversary! Wishing you a happy day!
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen, yes it was... all of those and so nice to re-visit here and your comments make it special too. Hugs 🌻
DeleteBeautiful
ReplyDeleteThanks Ro ...hugs 🌻
DeleteAmazing place!
ReplyDeleteit was Anne, and good weather too! hugs 🌻
DeleteLove these gorgeous photos Sue!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have definitely captured the beauty and the peacefulness.
How did you manage to pack so lightly?
I couldn't have done that...not anywhere close to it :)
Hugs ❤❤❤
Hi Jan, lovely to have you visit.
DeleteThanks so kindly for your thoughts.
Oh, the packing... well I put everything out that I wanted to take - really thought about it, and then just downsized (with the thought that I can buy something overseas if needed - clothing etc is so much cheaper in SE Asian countries). Turned out I had more than enough, handwashing the smalls - no problem and laundry is done for minimal charge.
However, for some reason, when going to visit the children who are only some hours away... I can fill a big suitcase with ease lol ;D)
Have a great weekend, hugs🌻
Beautiful gardens and the hotel and surroundings look gorgeous. Thanks for all your lovely pictures. xx
ReplyDeleteIt was a very restful place to stay. Lovely, attentive staff too. Glad you enjoyed the photos Lin, thanks for popping in. Hugs 🌻
DeleteWhat a beautiful place you stayed in! It looks as if you could really relax there in those wonderful surroundings of flowers, trees and lake. The flower gardens are spectacular and I'm sure the visit will give you inspiration with your artwork. I like the hanging baskets too.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, yes thanks seeing the bonsai reminded me how graceful their branches are... definitely inspiring!
DeleteThose hanging baskets were a great design weren't they. Enjoy your weekend, hugs 🌻
Hi Sue, and Happy Anniversary! What an exciting experience! There is so much beauty to see, and the spread of food looks so delicious! So many orchids, and all of them looking healthy and lovely. I can imagine it was so hard to leave this paradise!
ReplyDeleteYou two were so smart to do minimal packing...I always over pack and it's so much to be responsible for. Your hotel was very modern, I too like the personal sinks! I love all of your photos, the flowers are just beautiful, and you and hubby look so cute in your hats.
This was a most special trip for such a special couple! Beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend, Sue. Hugs ♥
aw, thanks Suzanne, it was hard when it all came to an end but we made sure that each day counted :D)
DeleteAnother reason about the packing was that we kept our luggage light enough to be counted as hand luggage within the plane, that way it avoided that interminable wait to pick up suitcases from the carousel... not one of Hubby's fave things!
It was special and thank you kindly.
Thanks and you have a lovely weekend too. Hugs 🌻
Me ha encantado tu viaje Sue. Los jardines, orquídeas y bonsais se ven maravillosos. Un abrazo.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "I loved your trip Sue. The gardens, orchids and bonsai look wonderful. A hug."
DeleteHi Teresa and thank you very kindly for your lovely thoughts. Hugs 🌻
First off - never enough collages of travel pics people take - flowers, etc...wow...loved all the photos and happy 50th ... (mine will be in 2021 ...geez....something I never thought I would say ...a year with 2020 in it)...anyway i really enjoyed all the pics!j YOu look marvelous in your yellow hat.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandy, they're a handy way to combine lots - yes, and I appreciate what you say.
DeleteWoo hoo, have you got something special planned for Twenty Twenty One (lol) ? I shall keep an eye out for it really is a milestone ... all those years with each other and the benefits of not always having to say something out loud - because the thought is shared/felt between you.
Oh, and thanks, my yellow hat is a source of delight too. Hugs :D)
What a wonderful collection of travel photos, Sue. A once (or maybe twice) in a lifetime trip and the perfect why to commemorate your special anniversary. Thank you for sharing. XO
ReplyDeleteThanks Vicki, it was memorable... for sure :D) xx
Delete