Its Paint Party Friday and I've completed a recycled artwork/collage card as my entry:
Thought I'd include the process too. It became a bit tedious, only because I didn't do very much forward planning... however, it was fun and distracting and that's why I love to paint.
![]() |
| Firstly, I cut up lots of shapes from an old card that I'd previously made but never used. |
![]() |
| ... pasted the shapes on to another spare piece of half a card and painted in my version of bonsai |
![]() |
| Trim the edges to match the size of usable card stock |
![]() |
| I usually use pva glue but this time I thought I'd try gel medium. Was pretty happy with it, as it didn't buckle too much |
![]() |
| (sorry for blurry pic) I thought I was finished at this stage but on a second glance those darn pots were hovering in mid-air lol! |
Thanks kindly for popping in.
There are many other artful/crafty activities going on over at PPF courtesy of Eva and Kristin's blogspot. Just click on the icon below to visit:










Just a gorgeous art piece, Sue. Wonderful technique wow you made it.
ReplyDeleteLove the beautiful bonsai.
Happy bonsai PPF you, too xx
Many thanks Sirkkis :D) Happy PPF
DeleteBeautiful bonsai!
ReplyDeleteThanks Evi :D)
DeleteI LOVE your beautiful bonsai trees, and how you made them. I love recycling bits and bobs too, it's always so exciting to see what will happen! Your end result is absolutely fabulous! And I still love your header, those blooms are so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, happy PPF, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteRecycling is lots of fun, yes Valerie. The most unlikely things on their own seem to happily come together with others to complement each other.
DeleteThe blooms are lovely thank you - I like looking up into them that way... a good photo by Hubby :D) Happy PPF!
This is lovely and I really appreciate the step by step. I am using matt medium also for my collage. Happy PPF
ReplyDeleteThanks Susan :D) I wish I'd used that medium long before today - hadn't quite realised just how much it lessens buckling! Happy PPF to you
DeleteWow, what an amazing piece. Love how you created the vases and your painting is so lovely.
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Anesha - I appreciate that. Happy PPF :D)
DeleteYou are so clever...I love the finished piece...especially the vases.
ReplyDeleteThat really lovely Maria, thank you... yes, the vases were my favourite too was my final thought, I'm enjoying doing them 🌻
Deleteyou are so skilled dear Sue :)
ReplyDeleteboth arts are brilliantly done and very beautiful
vase is so pretty
blessings!
Hello Baili, how lovely to see you and to receive your beautiful comment - thank you! 🌻
DeleteHello Sue,
ReplyDeleteYour bonsai art is lovely. You are creative. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend!
Many thanks Eileen and I appreciate you saying. You have a lovely weekend as well - off on one of your gorgeous walks I'm sure ;D) 🌻
DeleteThis is a gorgeous collage Sue, appreciated more by seeing your process.
ReplyDeleteThat's really lovely of you to say Christine, thank you! Happy PPF :D)
DeleteGreat Sue. Nice to recycle something and I am glad you stopped those pots floating! xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Lin and, yes, it is ...it feels good :D)
Deletelol, yes, they jumped out at me when I had another look - I'm definitely not a planner 🌻
Oh WOW!!!
ReplyDeleteThis piece is absolutely gorgeous Sue!!!
I love the colors and the trees.
It was wonderful to see the process, too!
Happy PPF and Big Hugs~
Thanks very kindly Jan - lovely to know what you think and to join in with the paint partying... Happy PPF to you as well :D)🌻
DeleteI love your collage using recycled pieces of card for the pot and then painting the bonsai tree. A beautiful result. Happy days!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, happy days... so nice, thanks Linda - great to read your comment :D)🌻
DeleteVery nice Sue. Happy PPF
ReplyDeletemuch🎨❤🎨love
Thanks kindly Gillena and Happy PPF :D) 🌻
DeleteLove the end result of this beautiful collage art Sue! Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF Linda and thanks very much :D)🌻
DeleteWow Sue what a gorgeous design and colors.
ReplyDeleteHugs Diane
Lovely of you to say Diane, thanks for dropping in :D) 🌻
DeleteLovely. I'm glad you didn't leave them dangling in mid air.
ReplyDeleteHi Lin and thanks! lol, yes.. me too ;D) Happy PPF 🌻
DeleteSo cool, and unique. It's a professional job for sure! I like how you made your pots...they don't tattle that they were cut out from a greeting card. It is very impressive how you can ad lib when you think you're in a bind, like fixing the box for the pots to sit on. And, the bonsai plants are perfect. Great colors! Happy weekend Sue, take care! ♥
ReplyDeleteThat's lovely of you to say Suzanne... thank you!
DeleteThanks, it's good to know - I have heaps of cards I've made that never see the light of day to be sent to anyone as I'm not happy with them so that makes it all the more enjoyable when I can bring them out and cut them up like that - true recycling ;D)
I went back again and put a gold spine down the card - don't know what it was with this one, it kept calling me back lol!! (an attention-seeker for sure ha ha).
You too have a happy weekend 🌻
If I had a nickle... I go back, and think, just another "whatever" which is how I got a hole in the page. Oy. LOVED hearing all about the process of this. Collage in any form is great to me, and this combined a lot of loves. We just saw the bonsai display in Denver's Botanic Gardens, very very interesting!
ReplyDeleteLeeAnna
we drive ourselves crazy sometimes don't we - ooh I hate when that hole happens too ;D)
DeleteThanks for your comments LeeAnna, always nice to see you. Cheers and Happy PPF :D)🌻
Great solution to the hovering in midair Sue ;-) I love the contrast between the sharp edges of the vases and the soft lines of the bonsai. Great mixed media work! Have a happy weekend ♥
ReplyDeleteoh and Denthe... so nice to have you back with us in PPF again. Thanks kindly for your feedback and visit here, always appreciated :D) 🌻 Happy PPF too
DeleteLove your mixed media card! Simply stated.
ReplyDeleteThank you Lyn, very much. Happy PPF to you :D)🌻
DeleteHi Sue wow and double wow this card is awesome,you are very clever my friend,i love this card, well done xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Shez, always fun to do and, at times, a bit more funner ;D) Cheers and the sun is out today after a hard frost - hope its nice in your spot further down the road! 🌻
DeleteVery impressive and nice to know I'm not the only one who saves little bits and pieces because you'll never know when you'll need them! Love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandy! Oh yes, as sure as eggs if I should (rarely) have a clean-up day, then the day after is when I needed that little bit of whatnot lol. I think there are many of us around ;D) Enjoy the rest of the weekend 🌻
DeleteThe result is lovely. I really like bonsai.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Joan - I love that you popped in and saw it then. Cheers!🌻
DeleteCool! I like it!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Anne :D) 🌻
Deletethanks for sharing the "process"...i would not have guessed or known. it looks so pretty, at every stage, but i love knowing how much you fussed over it!! i would expect nothing less!!
ReplyDeletethe end result, gorgeous!!
aw thanks Debbie... lol, I sometimes have this little internal battle, but I used to be an organiser/planner in my younger life - that has gone now. Main thing is that ultimately it was a satisfying thing to do and I really appreciate your comments! 🌻
Deleteoooooh and the new header, gorgeous darling!!!
ReplyDelete- thank you, yes, those colours... oh wow, Hubby took this photo when we were in Da Lat. I raid his photos mercilessly with hardly a mention ;D)
Deletebtw Am so loving your Butterfly babies
Love elegant simplicity you created!
ReplyDeleteHappy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Many thanks Carol 🌻
Deletelol. In Sweden we have an old saying. In english it says: "You use what you have said Kajsa Varg". It was a cook in the beginning of 1900 that did not need fancy recieps to make dinner. :) Seems it worked well for you :) .
ReplyDeleteThat's a great saying - very practical and apt. I know Mum used to always go by that thought - and she was a wonderful cook :D) Its a nice feeling to apply the principal in art too. Thanks Monica, very much 🌻
DeleteLo veo muy bonito. Feliz semana.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "I see it very pretty. Happy week."
DeleteThank you very kindly Teresa! Enjoy your week too :D)🌻
Beautiful bonsai art Sue :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thank you Jan, that's lovely of you to say :D) 🌻
DeleteSue, I really enjoyed seeing the process - beautiful !!
ReplyDeleteI'm appreciating that Sandy... thanks very much 🌻
DeleteThat is really interesting!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jenn :D)🌻
DeleteThis is absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteaw Laura, that's lovely of you to say, thank you 🌻
DeleteWaste not, want not. :) And what a result. Love how you combine techniques and media.
ReplyDeleteI think the addition of the darker trim under the post works really well.
Yep, that works for me ;D) I seem to end up with a lot of cards that don't see the light of day so to speak so it feels good when I can give them a second chance!
DeleteThanks Vicki, it's funny how I miss some things that are so obvious (talking about the trim)... think I get so caught up in the painting process I don't notice that things like whether they're suitably anchored or not. Mostly, I get there eventually though.
Thanks for popping in - have a great week 🌻
Enjoy seeing your process and the collage shapes work beautifully for the vases!
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly for popping in and telling me that Abigail, much appreciated :D)
Delete