It was lovely reading those beautiful messages full of happy thoughts and wishes from each of you... thanks so much 😊
During my break from blogland, we went away for a holiday, something we hadn't done for quite a while and was thoroughly enjoyable because it was so well planned. By that I mean it was leisurely and totally at our own pace. Thanks for that goes to my Dear Hubby who organised everything.
I'd love to show you some of our holiday snaps:
Hanoi, Vietnam. Our hotel room balcony which overlooks Hoan Kiem Lake.
Having previously been to Hanoi, we knew exactly where we wanted to stay this time around.
Early evening drinks, overlooking another section of the Lake.
Another lake view.
It's a beautiful flat paved walk all around the lake with so many activities to see.
Oh I loved the fresh fruit breakfasts, and took great pleasure in making sure I didn't miss out on anything!
There were two types of sticky rice for breakfast - quite different flavours... one was coconut and the other had a red bean in it.
Mass plantings of the Peace Lily were everywhere.... obviously had been prepared for the previous month's North Korea-United States Summit in Hanoi
One of the many coffee shop treats that we enjoyed amongst the hustle and bustle of Hanoi.
Back to the lake! From Fridays to Sundays the area is closed to traffic and the whole area is open for the people. So many locals - whole families would come and, of course, lots of tourists.
I'll leave it for now and start popping around to catch up with everyone. There are lots more photos ... lol, so be warned!
Thanks for stopping by and cheerio for now.
Sue x








Hi Sue! So happy for you that you had a great time on your vacation 💮
ReplyDeleteIt is so wonderful to hear from you again.
What beautiful and wonderful photos!
Your blog looks lovely.
Thank you very much Jan :D)
DeleteHello, Happy belated Anniversary. Your trips looks amazing, what a neat place to visit.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, thanks for sharing your trip. So happy to see you posting again. Have a happy day and great weekend.
Thanks Eileen and much appreciated :D)
DeleteWelcome back to Blogland, dear Sue! I'm glad you had such an awsome vacation. The food, the flowers, the entertainment and the room overlooking the lake - all seem just perfect. Yes, your hubby is a great organizer!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to more pictures from this wonderful journey.
Hello Duta, really nice of you to say :D)
DeleteHi Sue, great to see you around again! Wow, you had a wonderful vacation - thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteReally appreciated, thanks Valerie :D)
Deletelot's more photo's...YaY!!! what a fabulous trip!!! some of the best vacations are those that are planned/not planned!! that sticky rice looks good and all that fruit,yummy!!
ReplyDeletei have missed you so much and i am so happy to see you today!!
Thanks kindly Debbie... I'm happy to be back too :D)
Deleteand i forgot to say how the coffee art reminded me of you. you remember, way back in the day, you use to post pictures of it!!!
DeleteOh wow what a fabulous vacation. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.
ReplyDeleteA real pleasure, thanks Christine :D)
DeleteHey Sue! welcome back!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Anne :D)
DeleteSounds like a fantastic trip and Hanoi a beautiful place. I am looking forward to more holiday 'snaps'! xx
ReplyDeleteIt really was, many thanks Lin :D)
DeleteMe alegra que hayas estado feliz y muy contenta de verte. Las fotografÃas se ven preciosas. Bienvenida.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "I'm glad you were happy and very happy to see you. The photographs look beautiful. Welcome."
DeleteThat's lovely, thanks so much Teresa :D)
Hello Sue
ReplyDeleteWelcome back to blogland …
What a wonderful break and holiday you've had.
I really enjoyed seeing these photographs and look forward to seeing some more :)
All the best Jan
I really appreciate that, thanks Jan :D)
DeleteWelcome back Sue. What a beautiful and exciting trip-good to know you can stop at a local coffee shop for fresh java and treats! The Peace Lilies are so impressive and the little yellow flowers look like small butterflies. You have shown us some beautiful lake views and that breakfast bar is very inviting!
ReplyDeleteIt's good to see you back. Thank you for sharing your lovely photos. Take care, sending hugs. ♥
Glad you enjoyed seeing it Suzanne, thanks so much for your lovely message :D)
DeleteWelcome back! I'm glad that you had a wonderful time. I look forward to seeing more of your vacation. It looks like a perfect location for a relaxing holiday and I'm sure the memories will inspire you with your art work now that you're back home! Have a lovely week.
ReplyDeleteLinda, thank you very much, it was so enjoyable :D)
DeleteWelcome back, Ms Sue!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful trip to Vietnam with the exotic breakfast!!
It's a lovely blog, I follow you.
Thank you
Thank you very much Evi :D)
DeleteHello, dear Sue ☺
ReplyDeleteNice to get you back to blogland!
You have had a fantastic journey I see. Thank you for sharing super photos. I'm waiting for seeing your beautiful art soon 😘🎨, hugs!
Hi Sirkkis, and thank you. Yes, it will be nice getting back into art too :D)
DeleteCongratulations on your 50th! This was a wonderful trip and I bet you saw lots of orchids (my passion).
ReplyDeleteLoved the photos and will welcome seeing more. Welcome back!
Thanks Susan - very much. I'll get some orchid photos for you :D) Cheers!
DeleteBeautiful photos.
ReplyDeletewww.rsrue.blogspot.com
Thanks kindly R :D)
DeleteGlad to see you back, Sue! I had imagined Hanoi quite different (I don't know anything about it) it looks quite modern and up to date. Maybe I've been reading old travel books! LOL! Look forward to more photos, it's so interesting to find out about somewhere new.
ReplyDeleteHi Jenny, we stayed on the edge of the Old Quarter - so a real mixture. Yep, more pics, glad you enjoyed them, thanks very much :D)
DeleteLovely photos Sue and congratulations on your anniversary. Good to see you back.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Joan :D)
DeleteNice of you to share with us your Hanoi trip:) Never been there, but it is wonderful to be able to see it through your eyes! Glad you had a wonderful time - with an equally wonderful company:)
ReplyDeleteIt was a lovely holiday Annie, thank you :D)
DeleteWow Sue - so glad you are back. Looking forward to seeing more lovely photos. I never realized how beautiful Vietnam was as a country. Take care and Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThanks Debbie, it is very beautiful and lots of simple delights :D)
DeleteCan't wait to see more photos of your trip!!! Welcome back Sue, great to see you :)
ReplyDeleteThanks kindly Denise :D)
DeleteThat sounds like my style of holiday. Thanks for showing me around. I doubt that I'll ever get to Viet Nam.
ReplyDeleteThanks Diane, the slow suit-ourselves pace was perfect for many reasons :D)
DeleteI'm so glad you had a wonderful holiday Sue
ReplyDeletehugs, V>
Thanks kindly Vee :D)
DeleteIt looks like your holiday was amazing! Thanks for sharing your lovely photographs.
ReplyDeleteAppreciate that Lisa, thank you :D)
Deletewow, looks like a great vacation - my son and his wife loved their trip to Vietnam a few years back and even took a cooking course while there. Love all the pics!! Hope you do post more.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandy, there's so many things to keep everyone as busy as they wish on a trip. Glad they enjoyed themselves too :D)
DeleteI love all your pictures! Vietnam is a place I would like to visit and I hope one day we will. It looks truly tempting.
ReplyDeleteHello Carola and thank you.
DeleteOur experiences there were all good, I hope you do get to go there too, from what I've seen of your travels, you'd enjoy much :D)
I can't imagine ever going to Vietnam, so I very much enjoyed seeing your photos, and especially seeing you "in Real Life". You can show me more photos any time. I do like the photo of the two drinks companionably together looking over the lake and the on the level photo with the yellow flowers in front of the lake. Your husband sounds as if he plans holidays in just the way I like it too.
ReplyDeleteHi Sheila, lovely to have your comments too :D)
DeleteWe loved that spot in the restaurant where we had our two drinks, good views and the nights were balmy. Glad you enjoyed the photos.
Yes, hubby did a great job in all the planning - he asked what I'd like and it truly was a lovely relaxing time xx