Joining in with Paint Party Friday.
I've always loved the thought of sketching faces and have produced all manner of them over time.
I know the eyes may look in two directions at once in some of them, and that proportion is 'out the window' lol, but it's fun to do and, in the spirit of sharing our art, here are what have been lurking in my various sketchbooks:
First of all, having been totally inspired by Denthe in her blogpost "Watercolor Girls" this is what I came up with:
"Pony Tails" made her appearance some years back:
2013:
Finally, "Brown Eyes" a year later:
~ I really appreciate the opportunity of sharing my art and of being able to see what everyone else has created within the friendly community of Eva and Kristin's PPF blogspot. Sue xx



Hi Sue wow you sure have a talent with drawing faces they are fabulous,you are very clever my friend,well done xx
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Sheryl 🎉
DeleteSue, you create wonderful faces! I have done very few of them.
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF Sue ❤❤❤
Thanks Jan, it was fun 🎁
DeleteYou faces are fabulous Sue, I love drawing faces, it's something I have done for as long as I can remember and never tire of the endless options to creating them.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing.
Happy PPF Hugs Tracey xx
I appreciate that thanks Tracey✨
DeleteLoving your faces, wonderful all of them!
ReplyDeleteSo nice of you Christine thankyou 🎀
DeleteWhat wonderful faces! Each with their own fabulous personality.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Beth 🎉
DeleteLove your watercolor girls - so colorful and each one has their own unique look - great job! that's inspiring by the way - i use to love to paint faces and give them personalities.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandy appreciated 🎁
DeleteThey are lovely.
ReplyDeleteThanks Clare 🎀
DeleteOooh, Sue... they are really cool and expressive!
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend and start of February xx
Much appreciated Sirkkis ... thank you 🎉
DeleteI think the variety and beauty of the faces in the first shot are simply wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThanks Joan - very much 🎆
DeleteYour faces are great so, love all the different expressions and hair-dos, such fun. They look a lot livelier than a lot of people I see waiting for the tram! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeletelol, thanks Valerie - yes they Were fun to do be . . your tram People might be feeling the cold ? Cheers🚍
DeleteGreat faces and hair-dos! You're surely multi-talented! My favorite is the Brown Eyes sketch.
ReplyDeletethanks always Duta - and I have a softness for Brown Eyes too🙂🎉
DeleteHello, I love these pretty faces and your artwork. You are talented. Enjoy your day and weekend.
ReplyDeleteHi Eileen, thanks so much... have a great weekend too 🎆
DeleteWow, these are all beautiful and wonderfully expressive, it is like I can feel all of their lovely personalities..such unique beauties! I especially love the second piece, the red haired girl with blue eye shadow, she is sublime!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your gorgeous art!
Happy PPF
Victoria
Victoria, thank you very much and it's fun reading what is your special like 🌷
Deleteyou've done well with your faces. I like drawing faces too and have trouble with eyes going in the same direction. Thanks for your visit to my blog and lovely comments.
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate your comments, thanks Linda 🌼
DeleteI love the faces Sue!
ReplyDeleteThanks kindly June 🌺
DeleteWow! Have a nice weekend Sue!
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne, you too ... stay warm 💮
DeleteI do like your faces, their hair do's and the different shades you've used.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Many thanks Jan, I enjoyed being free with the colours 💐
Deletefun variety of faces Sue! Love the "loose' style-really gives them character. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda, I appreciate your thoughts 🐚
DeleteThey are all absolutely fabulous and have that distinctive Sue style. Such fun. :D
ReplyDeleteaw, thanks Vicki! xx 🌺
Deletethese are wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteThanks you kindly Peggy 🌷
DeleteSon muy bonitas. Feliz domingo.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "They are very pretty. Happy Sunday.
DeleteThank you very much Teresa 💐
Sue, I love your ladies, eyes and all! They are great. I think you posted a few some years ago. Your variations with hair styles and colors are exciting! Have a great week!♥ Sending hugs!
ReplyDeleteHi Suzanne and thank you! Yes, I posted "Blue Eyes" a few years ago (you've a good memory :D)). I was sitting last night doodling with faces again, am enjoying it. Hope you are doing well xx 🍉
Deletethese are wonderful sue, colorful and fun!! "cookie cutter" is no challenge at all!!
ReplyDeletei love the first picture, seeing all the faces on the same page!! have a funday sunday!!!
Thanks so much Debbie :D)
DeleteIt was a hot, hot, hot Sunday for us but that's how it is ... a bit cooler Monday it's feeling this morning xx 🍓
Love your faces! As a glasses wearing gal, I love the ones that have added spectacles! :) thanks for sharing and Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteThanks Courtney... from one glasses wearing gal to another ;D) 🎆
Deletelol. a bunch of happy faces and hairdoes. Love it all :)
ReplyDeleteAppreciate that Monica, it was fun too... thank you, and am still doodling :D)✨
Deletegreat sketchy line work :) makes great hair :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Jennifer, I was inspired by BLOGitse's way of sketching https://www.blogitse.com/ :D)🌺
DeletePerfect time to make faces - there's #29faces challenge going on now (February). Join us!
ReplyDeleteThankyou... I just might! 🎀
DeleteSue, I have never been able to do faces. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteOh Jenn, you must give it a go! I do them quickly and then with a bit of watercolour splash that on. they are all wildly out of proportion but I throw caution to the wind so to speak lol ✨
DeleteYou did an amazing job with the faces! Love the various colours you used. So inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete-Soma
Many thanks Soma! 💐
DeleteThese are so very sweet and charming!
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Lisa 🎆
DeleteSue, your sketches are amazing.
ReplyDeleteHugs Diane
Thanks very much Diane 🎀
DeleteLiebe Sue,
ReplyDeleteleider hast Du auch kein Übersetzungsprogramm mehr auf Deinem Blog...
Das ist so schade. Aber wenigstens kann ich Deine neuen Bilder bewundern!
Alles Liebe
Heidi
Translation: "Dear Sue,
DeleteUnfortunately you do not have a translation program on your blog anymore ...
That's such a pity. But at least I can admire your new pictures!
All the best
Heidi"
Hello Heidi, I'm sorry that there is some trouble with the translation, the widget is in my sidebar I have just checked. I shall remove it and then renew it and place it further up... thanks for telling me :D)
Also, thanks for your visit, it's lovely to see you again 💐
Dear Sue your faces just gave my heart a big smile...love the curly hairdo as well as the one with pigtails. So glad you shared. Hope you are having an awesome day. Hugs!
ReplyDeletethat's lovely Debbie, thanks for letting me know 🍓
DeleteThey are SO good.
ReplyDeleteThanks Diane... beaut! 🌺
DeleteI love all your painted faces but the group at the top is my favourite. Each girl is so different - orange hair, lilac hair, fluffy hair, spectacles and a bandana, but they looks as if they are a group, maybe out for a nice chatty lunch together.
ReplyDeleteHi Sheila, yes thanks I enjoyed doing the group... they're little drawings quick and easy and fun :D) 🐻 (bear emoji for Douglas xx)
DeleteDouglas says "Hi Sue, thanks for thinking of me", and we both hope your own bear is enjoying life.
DeleteThanks Sheila and Douglas... and all I could get out of Rebel was "Hi Dougie... you're still cute" :D)
DeleteSue, I like all these faces - they're wonderful! I especially love all the different hair styles. I used to draw and paint faces, but I haven't done so in a looong time. Perhaps I should do it again, I remember that I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteAppreciate your thoughts here Carola, thank you. I am having fun just keeping it loose and have been doing it all week :D)
DeleteI'd love to see what faces you paint... always nice to do something you really enjoy! 👩🎨
Fantastic faces and it looks not just so carefree and artful but also I can see how much fun you had with them! Amazign Sue!
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend!
Susi
Thanks very much Susi... I did have fun, yes :D) 🎆
Deletecool. I like them. Especially the first one with 6 girls :) and I like the different hairstyles :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Monica, I keep doing them too - it's nice to do and I appreciate your comments :D) 🍓
DeleteYour sketches are wonderful Sue. Each one is unique.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Denise! 🎉
DeleteI see many happy girls, pretty faces!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much :D) 🌺
DeleteI think these are wondeful. Very fun to do I imagine.
ReplyDeleteThank you John and, yes, they are fun and I can let out that little girl inside who used to love drawing ladies lots of years ago ;D) 💮
DeleteI like the redhead!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sharon ... loved getting your choice.
DeleteI always like red hair ... tried it for a while and loved it :D) 🎀