Friday, October 26, 2018

From the verandah ~ Happy PPF!

Hello!

Here's my entry for this week's Paint Party Friday - where the happiest of artists gather, and everyone's welcome.

It's a little sketch I did while out on the verandah early the other morning, looking at the ferns and succulents growing below:

Titled: "Dragonfly Ornament"
Inkpen and watercolour pencils on paper





~ Thanks for taking the time to visit ~


Click on the PPF Button below and you'll be taken to see a lovely gathering of gorgeous art:

67 comments:

  1. Ohhh this is so pretty. Well done on the great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Nicole... really appreciated. Happy PPF!

      Delete
  2. so nice to be seeing you post more often!! your sketch is so pretty, light and whimsical!! i like the title you choose for it. was a dragonfly visiting as you were drawing??

    beautiful colors, i enjoy seeing your creative spot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, it's lovely to be back in the blog-groove once more :D)
      Glad you like my sketch it was done without pencilling in first - getting a bit more freer ;D)
      The dragonfly is an ornament down in that part of the garden (I bought it years ago with Christmas gift $$ from our children). That bit of a rustic fence is one I made with wire and tree prunings and recycled fence wood... heh heh, Hubby reminded me recently of how my rustic fence actually started to sprout and grow from one of those prunings!
      Thanks always for your lovely visits!

      Delete
    2. oh I do blab on...
      I meant to say I've added a photo just now of the dragonfly ornament in the garden :D)

      Delete
    3. thanks sue, now i totally get it...it is a sweet looking piece!!!

      Delete
    4. appreciate the prompt and, as always Debbie it's lovely having you visit. (Poor old dragonfly got a bit weather-beaten over the years but I put some gold acrylic on a rag and gave him a brush over with it... he kind of gleamed up at me when I was on the verandah then ;D) )xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christine, that's lovely of you to say :D)

      Delete
  4. You're so talented! Love this 'Dragonfly' Ornament painting - sooo much:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated, thanks for visiting and commenting Annie :D)

      Delete
  5. It is so delicate and pretty and I love the way it tumbles out of the frame. I'm tempted to try it myself but too many other projects on the boil at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really appreciate your encouraging words, thank you Diane.
      I hope you do give it a try some day... lovely to have lots of projects on the go though :D)

      Delete
  6. Such a sweet study Sue, amazing veiw of nature and I love how you added the dragonfly what a lovely garden feature.
    Thank you for sharing & Happy PPF Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey, thanks so much for your visit, especially in view of the week you've had... it's much appreciated. All the best now :D)

      Delete
  7. Fantastic sketch from your beautiful verandah! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very kindly Valerie - I do appreciate your lovely thoughts and its beaut to share PPF :D)

      Delete
  8. Your verandah looks like a perfect place for making art! Happy PP & weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Riitta, very early and with a lovely day started, it was definitely the best place to do some painting! Cheers and enjoy your weekend too :D)

      Delete
  9. I liked you art last week and this week is equally lovely. I would love to be able to draw like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very lovely of you to say that Joan, thanks so much!
      I hope you have a go at it one day. So relaxing :D)

      Delete
  10. Hello Sue! It's always so pleasant to pop in your beautiful garden. I love your painted dragonfly ornament as well as the ornament you bought and gave new life.
    Happy PPF and weekend to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sirkkis, you're always so welcome when you pop in - I love how we share our art. Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  11. Hello Sue, I love the dragonfly ornament and your lovely painting. You have a lovely view of your garden. Have a great day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely, thanks very much Eileen. I really enjoy our verandah. Have fun on your weekend :D)

      Delete
  12. Te quedo bonito el dibujo. Espero que tengas un bonito fin de semana. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "The drawing is beautiful I hope you have a nice weekend. Kisses."

      Your lovely visit is much appreciated, thank you Teresa :D)

      Delete
  13. what a pretty illustration with wonderful details, and a lovely verandah and view to admire too! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello dear Sue!
    Love your Dragonfly ornament and your gorgeous drawing!
    What a lovely view you have from your veranda!
    Nature is a lovely inspiration for painting!
    Wishing you a lovely day and a happy weekend! Hugs!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature is most certainly a lovely inspiration Dimi... thank you for your sweet comments and thoughts. Cheers :D)

      Delete
  15. Serenely gorgeous, dear Sue.
    Beautifully created with a soft palette of colors ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very appreciative of what you thought Jan... I was feeling very peaceful and happy when I painted that the other morning. Lots of birds twittering around; it's a great spot to sit. Thanks very much for your visit ❤

      Delete
  16. lovely dragonfly ornament.
    Greeting - Evi Erlinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Evi, I appreciate your visit :D)

      Delete
  17. Such a cheerful garden, one I would love to visit. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the dragonfly ornament and your lovely painting.
    Your veranda looks such a great place to sit.

    Wishing you a good weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jan - enjoy your weekend too :D)

      Delete
  19. Looks very soft and tender.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely painting and what a lovely view! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful sketch Sue. Your subjects are favorites of mine. I adores meadows and wild flowers. Take care and have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really appreciated Debbie, thank you :D)
      Enjoy your weekend too!

      Delete
  22. Oh, it must be such a great feeling to sit on that veranda and look out over all that green. Such a lovely drawing, and memory for later! Have a great week ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is Denthe thanks.
      When we first came to this house, all it had in that section below was one daisy bush and a protea - both struggling. It's lovely and lush, and further along is where we've made the little rainforest.
      Thanks for visiting and yes, you have a happy week too :D)

      Delete
  23. Hi Sue
    Glad to see painting is still going on over here ... I have signed up for a little art class online. Drawing and painting little Bonsai trees in containers. Have watched some of the videos and will begin practicing some of the lines to draw and shade next ... then...the part that will be more fun...putting some watercolours on the paper !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to see you again Vee!
      Your art class sounds wonderful too... enjoy yourself and thanks for dropping in :D)

      Delete
  24. Sue, you do such wonderful drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow. love your Dragonfly Ornament sketch. Very nice. Something I might try. Will put a mark of your post to remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely of you Monica, thank you.
      Have fun if you do try it... I'd love to see how it turns out in your unique style :D)

      Delete
  26. Such a delightful sketch, your verandah looks like such a wonderful and relaxing place to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nordljus... thank you! Yes, it's a lovely spot to sit for a while. Lovely to have you visit :D)

      Delete
  27. what a beautiful sketch. I also loved looking at your porch - i love porches and verandas and all that wonderful outdoorsy spaces one can dream up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sandy... it's always lovely that feeling of being able to put up a little sketch or painting here on blogger, I really appreciate your comments.
      Just got in from having a morning coffee out on the verandah, it is a lovely spot... a little bit worn and weathered but then, so are hubby and I! Always grateful to be in our own little home :D)

      Delete
  28. Your veranda must provide you beautiful inspirations. The painting is lovely. I love the second photo.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does Soma, and thank you very much for leaving your thoughts :D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx