Your garden is looking good, and I love the nasturtium painting, they are such lovely flowers. I always look forward to seeing them here in spring and early summer. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie
Hello Valerie, thank you - it's a really nice growing time at the moment. I painted them for a birthday card for a relative. Their bright flowers give a really happy feeling don't they. Cheers now! :D)
Hello dear Sue! What a beautiful watercolor painting ! Great artwork! Like the colors ! Well done! Like the blooms of the Nasturtium ,and here in Greece we call them Cappuccino flowers! Thank you for sharing! Wishing you a lovely day and a happy week!xxx Dimi...
Thank you very much Dimi, really appreciated! I too love the bright colours and it was fun painting it. I wondered previously why you called them Cappuccino flowers however Teresa from Spain, another blogger friend, has commented below naming them "Las capuchinas" - which is similar. These little flowers are everywhere it would seem... how lovely! :D)
That's good then Joan, you'd better pop some seeds in! Thanks, it seems to be the perfect weather for the pears and other fruits in the orchard - just the right amount of warmth and rain :D)
Wondeful painting. I have them in my garden this year again as well and I love to eat the leaves and the blooms. We call them Kapuzinerkresse ( monks cress) in German. Hugs, Susi
Thanks so much Susi. I was reading recently about how the leaves can be eaten and it was suggested only the petals as the middles can be bitter... or do you like to eat the lot? The seeds are apparently liked by chooks (chickens), so once I have kept enough seeds I shall give the rest to them. Great to have you visit too... cheerio for now :D)
and many thanks to the flower for "popping open"!!! your picture is gorgeous, i have now fallen in love with nasturtiums. i just love your sweet little garden and those cute little fairies. everything looks so neat and tidy!!! that's a great spot!!!
Hi Debbie... yes, these flowers are quite obliging ;D) Love that you liked my picture, thank you. I've had those fairies since our dear granddaughters were tiny, they remind us of them and so they pop up here and there... this year they're flower seed fairies and the growth in this particular container (3 others) is the best... coincidence or what - I think not :D)
Translation: "I love nasturtiums. The painting is very beautiful. Many kisses."
Hi Teresa, I'm glad you do and I see your name for them "Las capuchinas" is similar to what one of my other blogfriends, Dimi from Greece, calls them... that's lovely to know too. Thank you very much in regard to my painting... much appreciated :D)
Thank you Lin, I was just commenting to Dimi from Greece that these little flowers would seem to be everywhere, and here they are in your garden too. It's lovely to share our garden treasures isn't it. They're so tough I'm thinking maybe they'll hold on .. hoping :D)
It's one of those old type plants isn't it... I can remember the folks having it in their garden when I was little. Thanks re the drawing Jenn and for your visits :D)
These flowers are a type of cottage garden plant aren't they, I really like them. Such beautiful colour flowers, and I love your "Nasturtiums from my Garden" picture.
Hi Jan, yes I think they are ... and probably used for that purpose for their leaves as much as their flowers, they cover an area nicely when left to their own devices. So happy you enjoyed my little painting too :D)
It seems not fair that you can grow Nasturtium in your garden so well and paint them gorgeously onto a paper too:) I can't seem to grow it here and struggles to come up with a beautiful sketch too LOL. but I did enjoy the painting you shared:)
aw now thank you for your lovely comments. I'm really grateful for these pretty little plants. You can grow just about everything else though Annie! :D)
I do like nasturtiums, particularly all the different colours. Unfortunately one type of spreading nasturtium has almost taken over - very pretty but mostly leaves. I think the soil is too good for it. When I saw them growing wild in california the soil was rather poor and dry.
Hi Jenny, it intrigued me as to why those nasturtiums you mentioned were mostly leaves so I googled ... quite a lot of conflicting info so I guess you could say that they like what they like - or not, lol. They're toughies though, so I reckon you're right about them preferring poorer soil. Cheers and lovely to have you visit :D)
That's a truly lovely painting, Sue. Nasturtiums are magical flowers, leave them alone and they'll pop up all over the place this year and the next. I've got some similar ones of your multil-coloured ones still growing but they'll be gone in a few days with this cold weather.
Hello Sue, that's a magical painting of nasturtiums, really well done. We've still got some just like that but they'll be gone soon in the cold weather that's here.
Thanks for that Sheila (I have comment moderation on for posts 7 days or older because otherwise I might miss seeing them). You can look forward to your nasturtiums popping up once that cold weather has gone... in the meantime, keep warm! Cheers :D)
Thanks very much for letting me know. I tried about three times to comment yesterday and Blogger just ate it without a word of apology. Glad to know my comments took alright.
That's ok, it's the only way I can see older comments, with Comment Moderation set to come on after 7 days. I know what you mean though, if you comment on a blog that usually accepts comments immediately, it can be really off-putting. Cheers and thanks for persisting! :D)
Well that is one beautiful painting. I finally, about seven years ago, found out what a nasturtian was. We were on a freeway - stop and go traffic through Santa Barbara when I kept noticing these beautiful flowers. I finally made Mike get off the exit ramp so I could go find some and take a few home thinking I could root them in water. long story short i found out (love google search) what flowers they were and eventually planted them in my yard. Love your garden and veranda and everything is beautiful.
Oh I love that Sandy... lol, the world over there are dear hubbies who just know that there's times in our lives where we must stop to take a particular photo, see (and perhaps pick) a plant. Glad you found out about these marvellous little plants. I love how they pop out their seeds from the spent flowers too... their seeds being big enough to find, not miniscule little things!!! Cheers and thanks for popping in :D)
Lovely job on the nasturtiums from your pretty garden.
ReplyDeleteThats really nice of you to say Christine, thank you :D)
DeleteYes I did Nora... thanks very much for your lovely comment. Painting and a pottering in the garden is what I love to do :D)
ReplyDeleteYour garden is looking good, and I love the nasturtium painting, they are such lovely flowers. I always look forward to seeing them here in spring and early summer. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteHello Valerie, thank you - it's a really nice growing time at the moment.
DeleteI painted them for a birthday card for a relative.
Their bright flowers give a really happy feeling don't they. Cheers now! :D)
Hello dear Sue!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful watercolor painting !
Great artwork! Like the colors ! Well done!
Like the blooms of the Nasturtium ,and here in Greece we call them Cappuccino flowers!
Thank you for sharing! Wishing you a lovely day and a happy week!xxx
Dimi...
Thank you very much Dimi, really appreciated! I too love the bright colours and it was fun painting it.
DeleteI wondered previously why you called them Cappuccino flowers however Teresa from Spain, another blogger friend, has commented below naming them "Las capuchinas" - which is similar.
These little flowers are everywhere it would seem... how lovely! :D)
You are reminding me I want to plant nasturtiums. I love the pear photo in your header too.
ReplyDeleteThat's good then Joan, you'd better pop some seeds in!
DeleteThanks, it seems to be the perfect weather for the pears and other fruits in the orchard - just the right amount of warmth and rain :D)
Wondeful painting. I have them in my garden this year again as well and I love to eat the leaves and the blooms. We call them Kapuzinerkresse ( monks cress) in German.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Susi
Thanks so much Susi.
DeleteI was reading recently about how the leaves can be eaten and it was suggested only the petals as the middles can be bitter... or do you like to eat the lot? The seeds are apparently liked by chooks (chickens), so once I have kept enough seeds I shall give the rest to them.
Great to have you visit too... cheerio for now :D)
Hello Sue, I love your painting. The nasturtiums are lovely. Your flowerbox and plants look beautiful. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Eileen, the painting was fun!
DeleteReally looking forward to when flowers appear:D)
and many thanks to the flower for "popping open"!!! your picture is gorgeous, i have now fallen in love with nasturtiums. i just love your sweet little garden and those cute little fairies. everything looks so neat and tidy!!! that's a great spot!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Debbie... yes, these flowers are quite obliging ;D)
DeleteLove that you liked my picture, thank you.
I've had those fairies since our dear granddaughters were tiny, they remind us of them and so they pop up here and there... this year they're flower seed fairies and the growth in this particular container (3 others) is the best... coincidence or what - I think not :D)
Las capuchinas me encantan. La pintura está muy bonita. Muchos besos.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "I love nasturtiums. The painting is very beautiful. Many kisses."
DeleteHi Teresa, I'm glad you do and I see your name for them "Las capuchinas" is similar to what one of my other blogfriends, Dimi from Greece, calls them... that's lovely to know too.
Thank you very much in regard to my painting... much appreciated :D)
They are beautiful Sue. I have a nasturtium plant that has come from nowhere - sadly I suspect the frost will get it before it flowers! xx
ReplyDeleteThank you Lin, I was just commenting to Dimi from Greece that these little flowers would seem to be everywhere, and here they are in your garden too. It's lovely to share our garden treasures isn't it. They're so tough I'm thinking maybe they'll hold on .. hoping :D)
DeleteAwesome art Sue!
ReplyDeleteThank you very kindly Anne :D)
DeleteLove.
ReplyDeleteThanks for leaving your lovely message Regine :D)
DeleteAh Sue who can resist these cheerful ones. They are very easy to grow for me -so that makes them a favorite :)! Have a delightful Tuesday. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! They really are all over the world flowers - that's delightful to know, thanks for leaving your comments Debbie. Cheers now :D)
DeleteI'd forgotten about nasturtium! I like your drawing!
ReplyDeleteIt's one of those old type plants isn't it... I can remember the folks having it in their garden when I was little.
DeleteThanks re the drawing Jenn and for your visits :D)
I love nasturtiums. You did a super job painting those.
ReplyDeleteThat's lovely Latane, I like how the colours are a surprise!
DeleteThanks re my painting, it was fun and I appreciate your comments :D)
These flowers are a type of cottage garden plant aren't they, I really like them.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful colour flowers, and I love your "Nasturtiums from my Garden" picture.
All the best Jan
Hi Jan, yes I think they are ... and probably used for that purpose for their leaves as much as their flowers, they cover an area nicely when left to their own devices.
DeleteSo happy you enjoyed my little painting too :D)
Lindo e coloridos. Cumprimentos. Feliz semana.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "Beautiful and colorful. Best regards. Happy week"
DeleteThanks very kindly Sandra! :D)
Lovely post Sue, pretty flowers and a lovely painting.
ReplyDeleteHi Denise, thanks so much for popping in and commenting! :D)
DeleteIt seems not fair that you can grow Nasturtium in your garden so well and paint them gorgeously onto a paper too:) I can't seem to grow it here and struggles to come up with a beautiful sketch too LOL. but I did enjoy the painting you shared:)
ReplyDeleteaw now thank you for your lovely comments. I'm really grateful for these pretty little plants. You can grow just about everything else though Annie! :D)
DeleteI do like nasturtiums, particularly all the different colours. Unfortunately one type of spreading nasturtium has almost taken over - very pretty but mostly leaves. I think the soil is too good for it. When I saw them growing wild in california the soil was rather poor and dry.
ReplyDeleteHi Jenny, it intrigued me as to why those nasturtiums you mentioned were mostly leaves so I googled ... quite a lot of conflicting info so I guess you could say that they like what they like - or not, lol.
DeleteThey're toughies though, so I reckon you're right about them preferring poorer soil. Cheers and lovely to have you visit :D)
That's a truly lovely painting, Sue. Nasturtiums are magical flowers, leave them alone and they'll pop up all over the place this year and the next. I've got some similar ones of your multil-coloured ones still growing but they'll be gone in a few days with this cold weather.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Sheila and I agree with you about them and love how they spread themselves around. Lovely of you to leave your comment :D)
DeleteHello Sue, that's a magical painting of nasturtiums, really well done.
ReplyDeleteWe've still got some just like that but they'll be gone soon in the cold weather that's here.
Thanks for that Sheila (I have comment moderation on for posts 7 days or older because otherwise I might miss seeing them).
DeleteYou can look forward to your nasturtiums popping up once that cold weather has gone... in the meantime, keep warm! Cheers :D)
Thanks very much for letting me know. I tried about three times to comment yesterday and Blogger just ate it without a word of apology. Glad to know my comments took alright.
DeleteThat's ok, it's the only way I can see older comments, with Comment Moderation set to come on after 7 days.
DeleteI know what you mean though, if you comment on a blog that usually accepts comments immediately, it can be really off-putting.
Cheers and thanks for persisting! :D)
Well that is one beautiful painting. I finally, about seven years ago, found out what a nasturtian was. We were on a freeway - stop and go traffic through Santa Barbara when I kept noticing these beautiful flowers. I finally made Mike get off the exit ramp so I could go find some and take a few home thinking I could root them in water. long story short i found out (love google search) what flowers they were and eventually planted them in my yard. Love your garden and veranda and everything is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOh I love that Sandy... lol, the world over there are dear hubbies who just know that there's times in our lives where we must stop to take a particular photo, see (and perhaps pick) a plant.
DeleteGlad you found out about these marvellous little plants. I love how they pop out their seeds from the spent flowers too... their seeds being big enough to find, not miniscule little things!!!
Cheers and thanks for popping in :D)
yellow and pink flowers...so beautiful.
ReplyDeletegreeting - evi erlinda
Thanks Evi, I love these flowers and enjoy looking after them. Thanks for visiting :D)
Delete