Monday, May 21, 2018

Tinkering with a Recipe

Hello!
I had a thought to make us a tart for lunch.
It only needed some diced pumpkin to be roasted to start but I added some red onion and capsicum too:


add Fetta cheese... 80g in recipe but I added half the block (100g) and could have had even more!
4 eggs beaten in milk and poured over:


fork through some carmelised onion (from a jar - easy as!).  
Didn't have any Rosemary, so used a little Sage, Thyme and Garlic sprinkle instead:


I didn't have a proper sized tart pan, so a bit of a pinch together of each corner of the puff pastry on top of some baking paper should work:


... it did, some mixture escaped but, having being caught by the baking paper, cooked into some nice crunchies underneath:
Original Recipe from: https://bakeplaysmile.com/roasted-pumpkin-caramelised-onion-feta-tart/



Was yummy with a dab of homemade chutney (courtesy of our lovely neighbour):


The best thing was having the cold leftovers later on. 
For some reason, the flavours really come through when its cold ... even hubby agreed!





54 comments:

  1. YUMMMM...Sue this looks and sounds scrumptious!!!

    Big Hugs ❤💮💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was Jan thanks .. definitely a repeat, still have that half a block of Fetta! Thanks for your visit :D) xx

      Delete
  2. oh yummy, this looks so delicious!! i love all the colors in the first picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Debbie, roasting vegies brings their colours and sweetness out so much doesn't it. Cheers and lovely to see you :D) xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds just great - yummy! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Valerie, thanks for your visit :D) xx

      Delete
  4. Oooh, I hope that lunch time will come soon...! So delicious colors and sure it tastes very delicious, Sue. I also enjoy your banner's lovely flowers. So nice to see all this wonders when I'm starting a beautiful summer day here far away from your place.
    Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sirkkis.
      The flowers are special and mean a lot to our family. They were too lovely not to share and their beauty lives on.
      Cheers :D) xx

      Delete
  5. Hello dear Sue!
    Your tart sounds sooo delicious and served with the yummy homemade chutney!
    I make a ham and cheese tart for my family!But I will sure try your recipe very soon!
    Thank you for sharing! Wishing you a lovely day and a new week! Hugs!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, ham and cheese sounds really good too Dimi! Beaut to see you :D) xx

      Delete
  6. What a fab recipe and a great idea with the puff pastry! Thank you - I will try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susi, and I hope you do... quick and easy recipes are hard to beat aren't they! xx

      Delete
  7. What a great lunch! Bet it was very yummy 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh that sounds good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, your tart does look delicious. YUM! Have a happy day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very happy rest of the week to you too Eileen and, yes thanks it was :D) xx

      Delete
  10. Looks so delicious Sue - have to try sometimes! Thank you for your sweet comments in my blog, I'm so late in return visiting, too much going on. Wishing you a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Riitta, thank you. Appreciate you popping over. Enjoy the rest of your week too :D) xx

      Delete
  11. Sue this looks like it is a fabulous dish. So pretty too. After all we artists always eat with our eyes first :)! Your tinkering with the recipe probably makes it that much better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind, thanks Debbie.
      Yes, it was definitely the glistening crust shining out of the recipe photo that got me interested... glad I made it :D) xx

      Delete
  12. wow, it looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Greetings to you Anne too and thankyou :D) xx

      Delete
  14. Your tart looks amazing, I should try that thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Christing, hope you do! :D) xx

      Delete
  15. Looks yummy! I also make tarte or quiche once and a while. And you are right, it does tastes better when it became cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sigrid, even in a cafe I will sometimes ask them not to heat a slice of quiche! Cheers now xx

      Delete
  16. Looks very delicious, Sue. I've never made a tart, and have only eaten a few, but they were made of fruit. And, the chutney would be just the perfect garnish. Have a wonderful evening, hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Suzanne, I'm sure you'd enjoy putting one together... perfect for a certain little Grandson's lunch ;D) xx

      Delete
  17. This does look very tasty Sue, love how you've shown it.
    Have a great week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really appreciate that Jan, thanks very much :D) xx

      Delete
  18. Tiene que estar sabrosa. Feliz semana y besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translated: "It has to be tasty. Happy week and kisses."

      Thanks very much Teresa... it was :D) xx

      Delete
  19. It looks beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks nice! Inspired me to make something similar myself tonight - minus the caramelised onion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, that's really nice to know... I love how we bounce off each other at different times for one thing or another. It's a beaut easy recipe. Thanks for visiting :D) xx

      Delete
  21. Wow your tart looks delicious and what wonderful pictures.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my - yummy, yummy! Lovely combination of ingredients, and always nice to enjoy leftovers the next day! Thank you for sharing xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we too love leftovers... ours only extended to the evening ;D) xx
      Lovely to see you Karen

      Delete
  23. Yum, yum and YUM! I do a bacon and fetta frittata not dissimilar to this in a roasting dish, but your idea of pinching the corners of the pastry and making it a tart is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh yummy, I like the sound of bacon with fetta.
      Thanks, I crossed my fingers and hoped those pinched corners held !! xx

      Delete
  24. I just realised I typed bacon when I meant pumpkin. It does have bacon (and spring onions) but roasted pumpkin is the main ingredient. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh Sue, I'm so glad I am catching up with your blogposts. This recipe is a must for me as it contains everything I like about a savoury tart. And adding chutney too - what a good idea.
    For the second day I reheat a tart slowly, not too much, and you're right, the flavours do seem more together.
    Your photos are great.
    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila, it's definitely going to be a repeat recipe here. I like its simplicity. Thanks for leaving your comment :D) xx

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx