Saturday, December 2, 2017

Happy Paint Partying ~ and some randomness thrown in...

Hello!

It's currently pouring with rain here in our little corner of South East Gippsland... much the same around the country too.  In fact, the whole of December's rain is predicted to fall over the next few days.

The garden is soaking it up very happily after all the unexpected heat for this time of year.

I'm a day late, but here are my entries in Paint Party Friday.
Firstly, an acrylic, digital, real eucalyptus leaves Card that I created last week for loved ones, and which I've been adding to over the past few days:
[Attribution: The 3 Butterflies are digitally added from Clipart, all other images are mine]



I took this photo just a moment ago - it's soggy outside all right!



A little card I painted a while back for a new addition to a sweet family:
[Attribution: Images inspired by http://elviestudio.blogspot.com.au/2011/07/inspiration-monday_18.html]



One very soaked Blackbird:



Another card I made for a loved one... a while back.  It needed a Christmassy touch seeing that we're now in December:
[Attribution: The Santa Hat digitally added from Clipart, all other images are mine]



The pond is nice and full - in fact, it will definitely overflow and have a lovely refresh of water:


My final painting is one I had done a few years ago - I love blue china - especially in the garden for some reason, so this is what I came up with! :


Thanks so kindly for your visit.
I'm sorry I'm not the most regular blogger or blog-visitor,
however,  I do love it when we catch up with each other.  

Linking to Eva and Kristin's Paint Party Friday, where the happiest of artists gather... and everyone's welcome! 
One last thought for this post:
[Source: https://www.pinterest.com.au/leunigstudio/]








68 comments:

  1. Sue, your art work is fabulous, especially the bird wearing the Santa's hat! I love to see your photos. I noticed you have a Christmas cactus growing outside, which is unheard of here in Virginia. I did have a poinsettia in a pot growing outside all summer. The roots grew through the bottom and into the ground. I put it into the garage to spray for bugs and it got too cold. After I brought it in, it lost all the green leaves but the red leaves, tiny though they are, are increasing in size and number. It is a strange looking plant with long spindly stems and with red leaves on the tips. That's as tropical as I can get. Looks like my indoor Christmas cactus is not going to bloom any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Faye, Happy Paint Party!
      Thanks for visiting and leaving your lovely comments.
      The plant you see there is another Epiphyllum, however, I do have Christmas cactus growing further back under the shadecloth and, yes, it grows happily outside.
      I'm so glad to hear of the progress your poinsettia is making ... those red leaves will be so pretty, especially at this festive time. It's kind of evolving for you isn't it!
      Fingers crossed for blooms from your indoor Christmas cactus - you just never know with plants, they have a mind of their own and don't read the gardening books ;D)
      Cheers xx

      Delete
  2. Super colours in your artwork

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art is beautiful, as always, and you have shared some gorgeous pieces today. The china cup is so lovely, and the bird with the red hat is a dream. It sure looks wet, that poor blackbird looks so drenched and straggly. We've got thick fog here today, the world outside has disappeared! Have a good weekend, and hope your garden is enjoying the rain. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Valerie, thank you :D)
      Yes, the rain is very much enjoyed... the Blackbirds are having a feast of worms as they tap tap tap their way around the soggy grass!
      Happy Painting xx

      Delete
  4. Hello Sue, I love all your artwork. The butterfly in the first painting looks real. The birdie with the Santa hat is cute. Pretty flowers. Enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eileen. The butterfly is from clipart - I've added an attribution to my painting which I'd forgotten to do, so, yes, it is real - a photo :D) Really happy you enjoyed the post, cheers and have a lovely weekend too xx

      Delete
  5. So beautiful paintings! Have a lovely weekend;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Anne, always appreciated :D) xx

      Delete
  6. Hello dear Sue!
    Your artwork is so beautiful!
    Love the bird wearing Santa,s hat!So cute!
    Wonderful pictures of the window and the fabulous birds!
    Have a happy December and a lovely weekend!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dimi and thanks very kindly. I love drawing birds as well as flowers and there's so much inspiration around.
      Glad you enjoyed my post and you enjoy your weekend as well :D) xx

      Delete
  7. so many beautiful cards. Hard to pick a favorite but I choose the bird family. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Monica - very kind of you to say. I gained a lot of inspiration from Lorie of "elviestudio.blogspot" with that one. Cheers! xx

      Delete
  8. adorable art and cards Sue, wow it is soggy there indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Christine, yes, definitely time for the rubber boots to come out once again! Cheers now 💐

      Delete
  9. These are wonderful! I especially loved the bird wearing the santa hat. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth, lovely of you to comment. Have a really nice weekend xx

      Delete
  10. Dear Sue love all your paintings. Very creative using the butterflies digitally. So eye catching. Hope your December is off to a lovely start. Your Christmas bird certainly would make a lovely card for this time of the year. Take care and have a great weekend. Hugs! P.S. your final thought on this post certainly made me smile. :)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really lovely of you to leave your comments thanks Debbie.
      Yes, December is flying along but in a nice way each day and we're looking forward very much to being with our loved ones soon for a little visit.

      Thanks, I really love Leunig's take on life and the important things in it :D) xx

      Delete
  11. beautiful work sue!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, we had a lot of rain here too but not as much as what was predicted. I love your photo out the window. It sure does sum up much of this weekend across SE Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always nice to have the rain but glad it wasn't in such large quantities (in a lot of areas) as predicted... same with us Lynda, we had a nice and steady downpour, very gentle and soaking.
      Thanks for your visit :D)

      Delete
  13. What a great diverse selection of art you have shared!! Beautiful and love the bird with the Santa hat...just so adorable... Great cards you made!! Thanks for sharing...love the black bird photo too!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giggles, thanks so much for your lovely thoughts - appreciated :D)

      Delete
  14. I hope you haven't been washed away with all this rain.

    Poor blackbird! I had an equally bedraggled King Parrot follow me around the house yesterday. He was most content to sit on the table under the verandah snacking on seeds while the rain pelted down.

    Love the additions to your card with the eucalyptus twig. They add even more life to a great story.

    Ditto the addition of a Santa hat on the fairy wren. Very festive. :)

    Your card for the new baby is just darling. As is your 'blue china' painting.

    Great quote from Leunig. (Love his work.)

    Take care, stay dry and enjoy the rest of your weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dear Vicki,
      No, the rain was nice and steady here. Blue skies and a beautiful clear day yesterday, so we were fine in that regard thanks. It seems you had quite a bit more than us, good thoughts for the next few days :D)
      The King Parrots certainly like their home comforts don't they ;D)
      Glad you enjoyed my paintings, I always appreciate your encouraging thoughts... I must do some more blue china, it was fun!
      Leunig always hits the spot doesn't he, I love his take on politics too!
      Cheers and have a great week - remember to put those feet up sometimes. Hugs xx

      Delete
  15. Rain is good; both humans and plants are happy about it.
    Your painted cards are lovely, and indicate a great eye for color and image. Your birds and flowers are a delight to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Duta, hopefully as long as it comes in manageable quantities lol! ... whatever would we do without it though. Even with downpours I still can't stop myself saving the rinse water for plants under the eaves though ;D)

      Thank you for your lovely words, I'm really glad you enjoyed your visit here. Cheers now 💐

      Delete
  16. Lovely cards Sue - the last is my favourite! Enjoy your rain - we areexpecting snow! -6 here at the moment. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lin, always nice to know a favourite :D)
      Wow - stay warm and cosy and have a lovely week! ⛄⛄⛄

      Delete
  17. There's such a lot of lovely art here Sue, and so many other interesting things too.
    Your painted birdies are super and I especially like the blue bird with or without his Santa hat. Poor Blackbird, he certainly is drookit.
    I always enjoy seeing bits of your garden, and that's such a pretty corner by the pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always really delightful to have you visit, thank you Sheila.
      The extra bit of sunlight our pond is getting, after hubby cleared an old tree away, is causing the waterlilies to grow beautifully this year... I too love that little spot. Tiny little lizards crawl over the sticks and down into the pond for a drink, really sweet to watch. Cheers now :D) xx

      Delete
  18. I love all your card creations! Truly wonderful. And thank you for the photos of you area. i especially like the pond. i used to have one when in a different location and really long for one again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gloria, that's really lovely of you to say :D)

      It's really great having a pond isn't it... I hope you get to have one again real soon 🐟

      Delete
  19. What beautiful cards, they are so lovely and sweet! I love how you paint flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun to use real eucalyptus leaves for that painting! And I just love the Christmassy touch you added to that beautiful card with the bird. Adorable ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denthe, I'm really happy you enjoyed them. Thanks for visiting :D)

      Delete
  21. That is one wet, wet bird. I hope he appreciates it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yes, he was drenched... found lots of worms though!

      Delete
  22. Poor blackbird! On the other hand the rain is refreshing for plants and the pond gets a change of water. Beautiful cards. You are a talented and creative artist. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Linda, it really gave a lovely boost to the pond. Thanks for your lovely comments :D)

      Delete
  23. Dearest Sue; Oh My!!! Thank you SO much for showing us wonderful art (cards) created by your talent♡♡♡ I REALLY love the first card you used real eucalyptus leaves; all the varieties of nature and color brightened my feeling♧♧♧ The Christmassy touch birdie looks happy not like soaking wet one p:-)
    Have a wonderful year end season.
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miyako, lovely to see you and it's really lovely to know what you thought of my cards and photos, thank you :D)

      Delete
  24. awwww sue, when i look at and think about all that rain - i think, if it were cold enough, it could be snow. i love when it snows!!!

    the purple card is so wonderful - a great choice in color!!! the bluebird looks so cute sporting his santa cap!!!

    i like how you have your windowsill decorated, so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so kindly Debbie - we're right down in a lovely temperate zone here - no pretty snow lol!!
      Glad you enjoyed my cards and windowsill too... I always love looking outside while doing the dishes, there's a lot of birdie action then too... soapy hands and cameras are a bit tricky at times ;D)

      Delete
  25. Hi Sue. I love all of your cards. The Eucalyptus card is so unique and creative with the fresh colors and butterflies. What great work you do! I hope your rain brings many more blooms for your paintings. And, your photo of the window with rain is really a peaceful scene to me. You have so many lovely paintings and photos. Sorry I'm behind on my posting, it's been a busy time lately. Have a wonderful week! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Suzanne - I'm really glad you liked it.
      ahhh, no worries about you being behind with your posting - I am too, I guess, but then on the other hand our day to day lives must take precedence!
      Cheers now and enjoy this busy time :D)

      Delete
  26. Fabulous cards and what fun pictures.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  27. It just doesn't seem possible that we are now in December!
    Lovely seeing your cards ...
    I had a chuckle at that poor soaked Blackbird ...
    Rain can be a blessing, if it knows when to stop pouring down.

    Keep safe, keep well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's crazy how quickly the months fly by - yes. So saying that it's a reminder to enjoy each day doing what we love isn't it.
      Thanks for your lovely visit Jan :D)

      Delete
  28. Hi Sue, I do not paint watercolor anymore
    some time; but when eyes his works
    I feel like painting again.
    Loved the kittens at the window are beautiful.
    Good continuation of the week.
    Hugs
    janicce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janicce, I hope you're able to get back to painting real soon :D)
      Thanks so much for your visit and lovely thoughts - cheers!

      Delete
  29. I absolutely love the real leaves on the card and it is so full of all my favorite things. . .lady bug, butterflies, birds, clouds and flowers. The pictures are great too. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Janet, always so lovely to read your sweet comments :D)

      Delete
  30. Always love seeing your pretty and happy paintings, Sue! Such lovely colors to brighten your rainy days. I hope by now you are getting a little break in the rain. Love your little pond with the waterlilies. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very kindly Karen - yes, the hot days have arrived! Cheers :D)

      Delete
  31. Oh my. That blackbird does look rather wet and sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, he certainly was wet but definitely happy in that the amount of worms that came to the surface for him! Thanks for your visit 🎄

      Delete
  32. Muy lindas tus pinturas, me gustan mucho. Un abrazo y buen día.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "Very beautiful your paintings, I like them a lot. A hug and good day."

      How lovely of you to say Teresa, thank you very much :D) 🎅

      Delete
  33. Our poor garden is water logged, with lots of standing water and very unhappy looking plants. All the birds in our garden have been walking around like your blackbird for the last few days.
    I love all your artwork, but my favourite is the card for a new addition. Hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, sometimes there's just too much rain at the one time isn't there. Hope you're drying out a bit by now!
      Lovely to read your comments, thanks for visiting Barbara ... and cheers! 🎄

      Delete
  34. Your cards are adorable!! love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sandy, appreciated :D) xx 🎁

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx