Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A walk in the garden today

Hello!

It felt like the perfect time to take a little walk around the garden today.  A little rain overnight, and the birds are singing.
Would you like to join me?





Dianthus buds - can't wait for them to open, their perfume is gorgeous.





Sweet little Johnny-Jump-Ups












Blue Duck enjoying his rocky perch


Hooray... herb pot number one coming back to life: parsley and lemon thyme



These pretties are on the wane... still beautiful



What would a walk be without admiring next-door's roses!






Epiphyllums ready to bloom


Bad-tempered Brenda always likes to peck the buttons on my trouser legs.
She gives us enormous eggs though, so we forgive her her crabbiness!



Herb pot number 2: parsley, tarragon and oregano





"We may think we are nurturing our garden, but of course
it's our garden nurturing us"
- Jenny Uglow


Joining Riitta and her lovely fellow gardeners at Floral Bliss:

64 comments:

  1. Your garden is so beautiful, what a lot of wonderful plants and flowers, and all so well presented. Nice to meet Brenda, too! When I was in the park last week the ducks tried to bite off my shoelaces! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Valerie, thanks so much.
      Ha ha, between your ducks and our Brenda .... we're getting picked on! You'll have to take some extra bread for those ducks ;D)
      Cheers now xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely flowers in your garden Sue. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very kindly Lin, lovely to see you :D) xx

      Delete
  3. how beautiful your garden looks with all the flowers and the housewurst in the porcelain key is very nice!!!
    Happy day
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you enjoyed seeing them all, thanks Elke for your visit :D) xx

      Delete
  4. What a very lovely post today, Sue. Your garden looks most beautiful with charming flowers, herbs and embellishments. I think Brenda can be jealous of the garden to you LOL❣
    Have the great time with your lovelies 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet Sirkkis, thank you.
      I shall and you have a great rest of the week xx

      Delete
  5. Your Brenda looks very much like one of ours over here...it's also very interesting to see whilst your herbs are coming back to life, ours are slowly disappearing to go for a long sleep underneath. I like your cheerful garden...Keep on having a good day Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Annie, yes I remember seeing photos of your chickens - in the sunlight tunnel you built when you were under snow. I thought that was so clever of you.
      I do love it when the herbs come back - the pots are just outside the kitchen door and I enjoy picking them. Hope yours have a lovely snooze and wake bright and happy. Cheers xx

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed my walk in your garden with your lovelies and even crabby Brenda. Thanks for visiting me and leaving such a sweet compliment. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to know that you did Carol, always lovely to catch up again isn't it. Cheers to you :D) xx

      Delete
  7. Dry pretty flowers. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s very pretty. Spell check lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D) Thanks so much Angela... always great to see you xx

      Delete
  9. A delightful post, Susan with beautiful photos. Love your description of Brenda...what a character! Love those pink crocs too 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry the comma was in the wrong place in my former comment! :-(

      Delete
    2. Hi Maria, thanks for popping in - ah yes, Brenda - she's a rebel all right... fabulous egg-layer though ;D)
      Thanks re the crocs ... they were a $1 bargain at the Op Shop a year ago and they're still going strong!
      Lovely to see you xx

      Delete
  10. What a delightful posting ! Just beautiful!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brenda looks fierce & frightening :) When I was a child we had Mr. and Mrs. Goose. They were like guardian dogs, no one could enter our yard!
    Enjoy your lovely garden - we are supposed to get our first snow this evening.,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Riitta, oh how lovely for you to have had Mr and Mrs Goose - I have read about geese' protectiveness. It must have been quite an experience for visitors to your yard ;D)
      It's amazing to think of you awaiting that first snow... keep warm and thanks for your visit xx

      Delete
  12. Hello, I enjoyed the walk in your garden. I love the cute Brenda photo and all your pretty flowers. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really lovely to see you Eileen, glad you enjoyed your visit too. Cheers xx 🌻

      Delete
  13. Muy bonitas flores. La gallina me encanta. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "Very pretty flowers. The hen I love. regards"

      Thanks so much Teresa. It's lovely having our hens 😊

      Delete
  14. What a fun walk, Sue! Everything is so pretty, your herbs do look so fresh. I love to smell oregano and thyme outdoors, and the best fragrance is chamomile! Mine didn't do well this year. My son did have a pretty good harvest of jalapeno and chili peppers. They are still producing on only two plants!

    It should be so much fun to have Miss Penny peck at your pants! I have several neighbors who are keeping chickens and hens now for their eggs. I just don't know if I want to take on the responsibility right now. I have two cats outdoors, and that could be bad!

    Your succulents are so healthy, and, dianthus is such a hardy plant, isn't it. They will come back for several years with nice, sweet smelling blooms.

    Your garden walk was a delight, Sue! And, thank you for your visit to my blogs. May the rest of your week be very nice. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Suzanne, oh yes, we grew chamomile one year and it was so lovely in many ways. I even dried it and put it in with the straw for the hens nesting boxes (we kept hens quite a few years' ago as well as of late). I was fascinated when I'd learnt that way back when, people convalescing from an illness would be taken out to have some time in the sunshine and a little bed would be made for them to lie down on the Chamomile lawns. What a beautiful thing... I think that would have been so nice.

      It definitely is a responsibility keeping hens - they're so vunerable to predators. We're set up so that we can be away from home for up to 3 days at a time. Their first test for this was just recently and all worked well, other than that a hen-sitter would be needed.

      Glad you enjoyed the garden walk -thanks for your lovely visit. Cheers and hugs ❤️

      Delete
  15. Just wonderful spring pictures! Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your garden tour! Now I can repeat summer a little bit at the end of the year. In Germany we are in the middle of autumn now.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sigrid, the colours of autumn must be lovely for you right now. It was nice you could join us in the garden here. I do love to be able to look outside and see and hear the happy sounds in it.
      Cheers and thanks very much for your visit :D) xx

      Delete
  17. wow, love ALL these beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sandy! Cheers and have a beautiful day 😊 xx

      Delete
  18. Thank you for this delightful walk around your Garden Sue, a real smile bringer! Love your plant pots and other decorations, Bad-tempered Brenda gave me another big smile, at least her name and she's a pretty chuck, but envy you those lovely big fresh eggs she gifts you with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Denise, really lovely to see you again.
      It's a nice feeling sharing the garden with everyone. I enjoy having little whimsies in the garden. Blue Duck came from Mum's garden, when she moved to nursing care... there's stories attached to most of the pots and things I keep - as I know we all do, and on your shelves too :D) xx

      Delete
  19. What a little rain can do for nature! Your flowers look all so fresh and beautiful. I love your red ones! Keep forgetting to start a spice batch - so handy if you need some fresh parsley, thyme, etc. Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does give everything it falls on a real boost Jesh, yes! Thanks for your lovely comments.
      Having fresh herbs is something I've always done but find them more manageable in pots nowadays. Cheers and beaut to catch up :D) xx

      Delete
  20. Enjoy your spring, thanks for sharing on this blustery if sunny day in North America!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christine, lovely to know you're getting some sun - hope the wind blows itself out. See you for PPF soon I'm thinking :D) xx

      Delete
  21. What a beautiful garden you have! It must be such a delight to take a walk through all the flowers and herbs on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Carola, thank you - we are grateful every single day for the life we have here.
      Take care and I hope you and your community are gaining in strength every day.
      Thanks so much for visiting xx

      Delete
  22. I love the blue ceramic flower pot in the first picture. You are blessed with so many beautiful flowers in your garden. I like the cute chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, I really seem to love the blue colour in the garden! So glad you enjoyed everything and appreciate your visit :D) xx

      Delete
  23. Hello dear Sue!I really enjoyed the walk in your beautiful garden!Such pretty Spring flowers!
    Wonderful and joyful pictures!Thank you for your kind comment on my post!
    I really appreciate it!Have a lovely day 🌸
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to see you back in blogland Dimi - it was beaut to catch up with all your doings. I enjoy popping over your way. Thanks for visiting and am so glad you enjoyed the little walk here :D) xx

      Delete
  24. Somehow I've found my way through blog land to your enchanting garden & enjoyed every thought & pretty bud & bloom!
    Lovely to meet you!
    Your newest follower
    Christine
    Christineandhercamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really lovely to meet you too Christine, I've had a nice time reading through your blog - it's beaut when we can meet up with like-minded people. I don't always comment immediately to blogposts as I follow so many and wouldn't be able to keep up, but I get there in the end. Thanks for your very nice thoughts :D)

      Delete
  25. Dear Sue your spring flowers are so lovely. So glad you shared. It looks like it will be a great growing season. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so kindly Debbie - I've really enjoyed sharing our garden and it's lovely that you dropped in 💐 xx

      Delete
  26. Hello Sue
    So good to see your herbs coming along so well in the pots ... lovely.
    Colourful flowers too and like you I have always liked dianthus.
    I enjoyed my walk in your garden especially the garden ornaments and Brenda too.

    I'm off for a refreshing cup of tea now.
    Take Care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely of you Jan, thank you for popping by.
      I snipped a couple of the Dianthus buds off for Mum yesterday and am hoping they continue to open in the bouquet... such a pretty flower, really nice to share them with you too.
      Enjoy your cuppa... cheers! xx

      Delete
  27. Beautiful garden and Brenda is beautiful too ... just that would almost be enough to forgive her for a bad temper. But the fact that she rewards you with nice big fresh eggs... she could peck at my trousers anytime!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sallie... we love how each chook has developed their own very definite personalities, certainly makes for interesting days!
      Beaut to have you visit, cheers now :D) xx

      Delete
  28. Such a lovely tour for us. Since here in the Pacific Northwest of the USA, everything is darkening pretty quickly, it's so delightful to see this portrait of growth and burgeoning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara, I'm really happy you've enjoyed your visit :D) Cheers today!

      Delete
  29. I so enjoyed walking around your garden – although I did step backwards when I saw bad-tempered Brenda approaching. :-)
    I spent yesterday cutting down flowers and shrubs and emptying out pots – winter is fast approaching. It was a joy to see your garden coming to life, and it reminded me spring will be over this way again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw yes, Brenda continues with her bad temper ... but with her lovely big eggs. Perhaps she'll mellow with time ;D)
      Sounds like you had a great time having a garden clean up. It's always to see new growth peeping through... there's always a spring. Beaut of you to visit Barbara, Cheers! xx

      Delete
  30. beautiful garden. You have a tree that my mother always had when I was young. The one with red flowers. A kind of maple I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Monica, thank you.
      Isn't it lovely when those childhood memories are sparked. Maples are such beautiful trees.
      Have a great week ahead :D) xx

      Delete
  31. What beautiful flowers and I love the chicken, she is so cute (even if bad tempered).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lisa, goodness me I really enjoy having this garden. I don't do much hard work in it anymore so it's a bit untidy, but I prefer to call it 'rambling' or 'rustic' ;D) Appreciate your visit today!

      Delete
  32. Thank you so much for sharing your garden and its occupants. It’s such a delight and never fails to make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome dear Vicki - lovely to have you visit... hugs xx

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx