Friday, October 6, 2017

... from the back of the wardrobe ~ Happy PPF !

Hello !

Friday has rolled around very quickly this week... I hope everyone is going along ok and enjoying life.

Joining in with Paint Party Friday,  and these are my entries. 

They're paintings I did ages ago, that haven't seen the light of day ... until today.   I'd kind of lost interest in them,  for one reason or another,  and they ended up at the back of the wardrobe, or painted over.
Anyway,  I'd taken some photos so here we go:

"Protea" acrylic on canvas


"Tree" acrylic on paper


"Butterfly in Mauve" watercolour and acrylic on paper





Linking to Eva and Kristin's Paint Party Friday, where the happiest of artists gather... and everyone's welcome! 

89 comments:

  1. Wow, they are all gorgeous, pity to hide them at the back of the wardrobe! Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Valerie! Happy PPF to you too :D) xx

      Delete
  2. Hello Sue, I am a fan of your paintings. Very pretty! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen - so lovely of you to say, thank you... have a great weekend yourself xx

      Delete
  3. Your paintings are gorgeous Sue. I love the autumn tree and especially the butterfly in mauve. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Riitta. So nice to have your thoughts... Happy PPF xx

      Delete
  4. Oh Sue your protea are gorgeous and look like they are dancing in air. Beautiful movement! Wonderful autumn tree and mauve painting too! Love these pieces! They should be out for all to see! Happy ppf. Don't forget to put your link up at ppf!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so nice of you to say, thank you... I have a lot on our walls but maybe time for a change-up ;D) Happy PPF

      ooooops! I totally forget that final step in linking up last night - thanks for the reminder {little blush} xx will do it now, Cheers xx

      Delete
  5. These are all beautiful paintings. Such a shame to have them at the back of the wardrobe. I love the Autumn tree and the colour in the 'Butterfly in Mauve' is amazing. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kindly John.. ah well, so many paintings ... only so many walls ;D) Really appreciate your words, cheers!

      Delete
  6. wonderful paintings!!! i love the tree is fantastic and the Flowers.. I am thrilled by all!!!
    Happy weekend and happy PFF, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Elke, lovely to read your comments - cheers and Happy PPF to you :D) xx

      Delete
  7. it breaks my heart to know that these paintings are hidden away - not being displayed out where everyone can see them. they are gorgeous - my favorite is the tree (you might be surprised about that) it is sooooo beautiful but really all are beautiful and very special!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, you're really sweet and thoughtful Debbie, thank you, but it was back in my super-critical days that I sentenced them to the back of the wardrobe ;D)... I think I painted over the protea, can't find it. However, yes, I shall do some switcheroo-ing on the walls and give the remaining ones a nice spot.
      Have a beautiful weekend :D) xx

      Delete
  8. Oh Sue I echo Debbie's comment...you need to get those out and display them. My favorite is the tree also..Beautiful art my friend. Have a blessed weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely, thanks Debbie - the tree is a neighbour's and it's covered in spring blossoms currently!
      Have a lovely weekend yourself, thanks for visiting :D) xx

      Delete
  9. Really gorgeous paintings! Great art Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh Sue, how beautiful art you have painted. Thank you for showing them at last. The colors are so charming.
    Have happy PPF and enjoyable weekend 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sirkkis, I'm glad you enjoyed them. Happy PPF! xx

      Delete
  11. Sue, your paintings are absolutely gorgeous! I love and appreciate your artistic talent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good thing you brought these paintings out...they are all great. I have to say, the tree really strikes my fancy with the walkway, and flowers nearby. Hope you are doing well. Have a wonderful weekend-Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to find the photos, thanks Suzanne - glad, as always, to receive your lovely thoughts. Cheers for a great weekend to you too :D) xx

      Delete
  13. Oh these are beautiful! I especially like butterfly in mauve...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Lisa, appreciate your feedback :D)

      Delete
  14. oh my gosh Sue these are so beautiful!! So glad you brought them out to share with PPF. My favorite is "the tree". Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Linda, your comments are appreciated :D) xx

      Delete
  15. So lovely! Beautiful colors! You must take them out of the wardrobe! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shame they are hidden away Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw well, it's nice to go through the old ones, thanks Lin xx

      Delete
  17. Beautiful colourful pieces. I love that autumn tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really nice to have your thoughts, thanks June :D)

      Delete
  18. You and I are thinking along the same line. There are lovely, especially the autumn tree. Sometimes pulling these old paintings out is like visiting with old friends. And sometimes they call out to you for change! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, definitely, Susan - I had a different view of them now, than when they first went into the wardrobe... Cheers and thanks for adding your thoughts here :D)

      Delete
  19. They are lovely Sue! Naturally I especially like Butterfly in Mauve as I'm always attracted to mauves/purples! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maria, oh yes, being partial to purple is a lovely thing to be :D)
      Ear pat to Eduardo - cheers now xx

      Delete
  20. I really love the Tree and the butterfly paintings. I am glad you brought them out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mauve garden is my favorite!!! Lovely paintings!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Peggy - I always love to know a favourite! :D)

      Delete
  22. Beautiful paintings!!! Thank you for visiting me yesterday. I am a little late hopping! My favorite is "Tree" although they are all great. I enjoy looking at my work from years back and sometimes I like them better than newer ones, lol. Big hugs, Rasz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rasz, lovely to see you back in Blogland... never too late for a hop ;D)
      Looking at them once more is always fun isn't it - I forget some things in everyday life at times (normal ageing), but I seem to always remember what prompted me to paint each and every painting!
      Appreciate your visit, cheers!

      Delete
  23. I really love the colours in the first one, all are lovely. I so admire those who can paint. And I agree with the others who commented it would be a shame to hide such lovely art works away from the light of day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Pauline, I really appreciate your thoughts :D)

      Delete
  24. Gorgeous paintings! I especially love the last one "Butterfly in mauve" and the beautiful colours in the tree. Don't hide them away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to be in the place that I can share my paintings without feeling awkward... thank you too Denthe, really appreciate your words and PPF. Cheers! xx

      Delete
  25. I am thankful you did not paint over these so that you could share them with us. They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, lovely to read you... thanks very much :D) xx

      Delete
  26. The second painting has a lovely sense of light in it. And the purple flowers create a lovely texture. They shouldn't be hidden. I'm glad you brought them out to share :D

    Best wishes,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Liz, thanks for leaving your thoughts - always appreciated :D)

      Delete
  27. Our family never tried acryllic painting - I think it is more difficult medium to work with? Your painting entitled 'tree' looks gorgeous...it reminds me not to forget to look out for the fleeting autumn season colour that's coming to us sooner if not later:) Wishing you all the best for a beautiful week Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Annie, I find that acylic is the easiest medium to use because it's so forgiving... by that I mean that it only takes about 20 minutes to dry, and then another layer can be painted over the first, or second, or third !

      The only thing to be aware of is that paint on the palette can start to dry out. I make my own stay-wet palettes as suggested by Artist Bob Davis in the UK.
      It's done by placing a couple of sheets of paper towel in an airtight plastic box with lid, wetting it, pour off excess water, and then a layer or two of greaseproof or baking paper.
      I've kept usable paint for weeks like this, if the weather is warm, keep it in the frig.

      My dear Hubby bought me a set of instructional videos by Bob quite a few years' ago and I still refer to them, here's a YouTube address for Lesson 1 - "Getting Started with Acrylics":
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L662GWRU0Bk

      ... or you can have a look at the video which I've downloaded in my "Pages" section just below my Header - "Favourite Art Tutorials"

      Cheers Annie, thanks for your visit :D) xx

      Delete
  28. OHHHHHH these these are vibrant, beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D) thank you Nicole! Enjoy your week and thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  29. Hello Sue, these are much too good to be at the back of a wardrobe or worse yet painted over. I especially love "Butterfly in Mauve" and would be very happy to display that in my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thanks very much Barbara. Appreciate your visit :D) xx

      Delete
  30. What a fabulous showing of your paintings Sue... lol, I know what you mean about putting piece of work away not wanting to deal with it for a while.. I have a few of them! Love all of your paintings, my fave is your hollyhocks..gorgeous colour! Have a happy Paint Party Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy, yes, it's always quite a surprise seeing paintings afresh - makes me glad I kept them, am sorry I painted over the protea one but that's easy fixed, I'll do another version with more detail next time. Thanks for popping in :D)

      Delete
  31. love all your paintings but especially the butterfly in mauve..so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, thanks for your comments Sandy... always appreciated. Cheers now :D) xx

      Delete
  32. So pleased you got them out of the wardrobe ...
    Three lovely paintings.

    Hope you are having a good October, the days go by so quickly.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you to say Jan, thank you.
      Its a lovely October so far, rain and then sun... couldn't ask for more. Cheers now xx

      Delete
  33. Well done. I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I always love your bright cheerful colours. The tree is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful to look at and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  36. They are too beautiful to be locked away in the back of the wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and for popping by Lynda... cheers!

      Delete
  37. It's amazing what we can find with our old paintings. These are well worth a permanent outing. My favourite (today) is "Butterfly in Mauve", it is such a joyful painting.
    And I do like the little painting at the end of your post too, so delicate and friendly.
    Thanks for another cheerful post.
    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sheila, thanks very much for leaving your thoughts here.
      It was fun bringing out these oldies :D)
      Cheers!

      Delete
  38. What a magical wardrobe you have. :-)

    Now why would you hide such treasures like that away? Your "Protea" acrylic on canvas would make an awesome fabric. I love the vibrance and joy of life in the other two.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Sue. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks Vicki... too many paintings, not enough wall space ;D)!! lol...
      I have a new liking for the protea, it's spurred me on to have more plays with the paint in that style.
      A new week ahead, enjoy yourselves too. Hugs xx

      Delete
  39. So much colour and warmth here Sue! The first is my favourite foe some reason!
    Happy PPF! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love to know others' favourites, thanks very much Deepa :D) xx

      Delete
  40. You really captured the vibrancy of that yellow "tree" Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx