Yes, I should be compiling a concise list of what we need to buy today - especially as we're on day 4 of a low-carb diet.
None of this 'willy-nilly' grabbing of things off the supermarket shelves ... oh no, I shall get into sensible mode and do it .... perhaps ;D)
but
I've also been wanting to get back to blogging because the week or so I took off kind of turned into a month that was filled with lots of things that needed to be done. The older I get, the less organised I become but I've embraced that tendency rather than fight against it ;D)
So, just quickly, I'll pop in some photos and get my blogging back on track:
A bouquet I picked a week or so back, the Grevillea is still flowering - through all the cold weather we've had.
We're getting an egg a day from each hen - beautiful bounty!
I painted a lot of cards for birthdays - it was a good incentive to get back my painting mojo!
(They're pictured in their early stages drying)
This is my painting room - my 'woman cave' lol ... I took this photo just a few minutes ago. It's got everything, my favourite Op Shop bargain chair, CD player and many paints and brushes.
Plus, another painting started - yay!
Spring is definitely in the air... this couple of Skinks are busy making their babies - I felt like a voyeur at times, this is their afterglow ;D)
Looking across from our verandah into next-door's garden... beautiful pink spring blossoms - lovely!
Well, My Darling has woken up and is making our morning cups of coffee so I shall say bye bye for now.
Thanks for visiting, and I'll catch up with each of you soon.
Sue xx

Well, that all looks lovely and bright and optimistic, with Spring on the way!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day!
Hello Jenny, so lovely to see you. Thanks for your comment and, yes, another lovely day here. Cheers to you :D)
DeleteOh my goodness Sue! I love your painting room and the lovely cards you painted. The one down on the far far right is my favorite! You do amazing things with watercolors, and, I am glad to see you back. Sometimes you do have to take a break, and then, get it back in motion! Your bouquet is so pretty, and the eggs look yummy! Have a wonderful week, see you soon! Hugs xx
ReplyDeleteHello Suzanne, thanks for popping over - it's great to catch up again. Thanks for your thoughts on my paintings, I never know how they'll turn out but the process is fun :D) I loved your Shawn's beautiful Rose painting!
DeleteIt's good to be back, I missed my blogging and love slowly making my way around to everyone.
Enjoy your week. Cheers now xx
My daughter would die for a painting room like that. She lives in a 2 bedroom unit but her husband has turned the second room into his studio where he composes music for the TV show called "Fireman Sam" It is a full time job for him, so Carol has to make do in the lounge room.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I can understand how she'd feel. It's the fact of not having to pack up (and tidy up) after a painting session that is good. One day she will have her own room and it will be all the more delightful won't it.
DeleteCheers Diane, lovely to catch up once more :D)
Your painting room is lovely, Sue, and your talent is fantastic! I enjoyed all your beautiful photos!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Linda, lovely to see you :D)
DeleteHi, Sue, how nice to hear about you! Wow, what wonderful cards you have painted sice the last post. They are beautiful as the photos you posted.
ReplyDeleteThank for all and have a happy time towards the upcoming Spring there xx
Thanks so much for your lovely comments Sirkkis - always so nice to catch up with you. The change in weather is very nice and we're enjoying being outside more :D) xx
DeleteHi Sue, great to see you around again! Thanks for sharing all the lovely photos. Have fun in your woman cave. The cards you painted are beautiful. Hope to see you again soon, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteHi there Valerie... thank you :D) and it's lovely to be around in blogging land again too.
DeleteI really appreciate your visit and sweet comments. Popping over your way now xx
Hello Sue. Lovely to 'see' you again. I know what 'take a break' is like, my short one earlier in the year ended up being a couple of months ��
ReplyDeleteI don't think there's any blossom left on the trees after the gales we had here in Melbourne today. Nice while they lasted �� ~ Cathy
Hi Cathy, yes, that's how it goes sometimes doesn't it. Fortunately, we can all come and go at our own pace.
DeleteI saw on the news about those gales in Melbourne, gosh they do damage... the bees (as well as humans) will miss those blossoms.
Cheers now, thanks for visiting and sending you calmer weather :D)
Hello Sue, happy Spring to you! I love your cards, lovely paintings. Your "she" cave is nice. Taking a break can be rejuvenating. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!
ReplyDeleteHello Eileen, thank you! Spring is certainly coming in now... as the day wears on a lot of high winds here (must have blown up from blogger Cathy's Melbourne area I think!
DeleteLovely to receive your visit and comment... all the best :D)
Great paintings. Unbelievable that you have a spring now !! Here comes the winter! Greetings
ReplyDeleteHello Anne - thank you so much. The seasons seem to change so quickly don't they, I vividly remember all your snowy posts :D) Cheers now!
DeleteSpring is certainly in the air in your part of the world so happy Spring to you Sue! Great to have fresh eggs each day. All the best with the low carb diet. I've been trying to do the same, but now that the days are getting colder it'll be harder to keep at it as my husband likes his pasta dishes. Your paintings are pretty.
ReplyDeleteHi there Linda, thanks for your visit and for leaving your comments. I've just been over to you reading about your adventures in Italy :D)
DeleteIt is lovely to have those eggs, we really enjoy having our hens for many reasons, not least the eggs!
Thanks re the low carb eating - yes, it's the pasta, bread and rice that we eat less off... ha ha, we love them all but are both at the point we have to do something. I've been following Jan'sLowcarb Blogspot for a while now and there's a lot of good suggestions there.
Cheers now :D)
Jan's Lowcarb Blogspot is very interesting. I've also been following her and will find her information and recipes even more helpful now I'm watching what I eat! Wishing you a good day Sue.
Delete:D)
DeleteGreat to see you around again! Wonderful photos! Amazing cards!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the low card diet!
oxo Susi
Thanks very much Susi, it's lovely being back again - appreciate your kind words :D)
DeleteWow! Your postcards look so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice week.
Hello Sigrid, how lovely to see you, thanks for your visit.
DeleteI was just over to your blog enjoying your visit to Japan - beautiful photos :D)
Dear Sue - what a great uplifting post. I am not so sure about those skinks. Are they poisonous? Loved seeing your woman "cave" - now that is my kind of room. Your paintings for cards are so lovely. Looks to me like you don't need too much organizing...you still manage to get a great deal done. Take care and hope that coffee with sweetie was great. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHello there Debbie, thanks for dropping by and I'm glad you enjoyed my post.
DeleteNo, the skinks aren't poisonous, they're very shy but like to sunbake on our paths during the day and are very adept at quickly disappearing into the cracks when we approach. They lay their eggs just underneath the old dead remains of plants in pots - my Mum found some once in her garden, so I always leave a few old pot plants around the place in the hope they will use them for that purpose :D)
I love doing my cards - and I know you're the same, thanks for your encouraging words ... cheers now and enjoy your week and, yes, our coffee was beautiful thank you xx
Welcome back, enjoyed your post today, as we welcome fall in North America, your turn for spring!
ReplyDeleteHi there Christine, and thank you! We'll enjoy our Spring... for sure :D)
DeleteHi Sue, so lovely to read your post and see all of your photographs too.
ReplyDeleteWow! 'Day 4 of a low-carb diet' good for you. I hope it's going well. Eddie and I have been living the LCHF lifestyle for nine years now and I just wouldn't go back to eating/living any other way. It suits Eddie's diabetes and it certainly suits me. I don't have any underlying health issues, but there is a history of Alzheimer's in the family so it just makes sense to me to cut out/reduce sugar and carbs.
Take Care and enjoy spring!
It's getting quite Autumnal in the UK but I love this season.
All the best Jan
Hi there Jan, thank you kindly :D)
DeleteGoing along ok reducing carbs - using a counter until we get used to portions but definitely dropping bread, rice and pasta. Love how cauliflower is so versatile. Really appreciate all the good advice and tips on your blogspot... Looking forward to adding a dessert like the apple crumble - just got to buy some natural sweetener.
Also, we both love the idea of cream in our coffee ;D) Cheers now and enjoy your Autumn!
Your art room looks so cozy and inspiring with the colorful curtains and your cards are so pretty. Nice to see the signs of spring out your way as we move into autumn. xx Karen
ReplyDeleteHi there Karen, thank you for your visit - it's nice to have the room to come and go when the mood hits ;D)
DeleteEnjoy your weekend!
Hi Sue, I’m glad you are blogging again I’ve missed your posts. It does take up a lot of time, and I often think enough is enough – but I always start again.
ReplyDeleteI thought skinks were snakes, but Google tells me they are lizards. Your painting room looks really warm and inviting, cozy too.
Have a happy day, and a lovely spring.
Hello Barbara! Beaut to see you and thank you - it's so nice catching up again :D)
DeleteYes, the skinks are lovely little lizards. Their heads dart around checking for possible dangers and then they close their eyes and bask in the sun. We've had them living under our paths for years now... they hibernate in the colder months.
Thanks for your comments and cheers !
Wow, love your flower cards - they are beautiful! I enjoyed your beautiful pictures.
ReplyDeleteThanks so kindly Sandy... I'm loving your artwork - those Parakeets are really sweet! I'm glad you enjoyed my flowers, seems that's what I'm always drawn to ... (ha ha, pun was accidental) :D)
DeleteAlways nice to see you in my inbox Sue. Looking forward to seeing more of you, I love your work. xx
ReplyDeleteAlways lovely to visit you and to see your beautiful part of the world Lin... plus your gorgeous handmades - cheerio for now and thank you very much:D)
DeleteLove your 'woman cave' - has everything you could possibly need, including Rebel Bear to oversee things.
ReplyDeleteA bounty of eggs indeed. Perfect for your low-carb diet, too. (Something I need to do.)
Your hand-painted cards are so vibrant and gorgeous. Love them all, but especially the one the postman delivered. Thanks, Sue! Have a wonderful weekend. xx
Hi there Vicki! Thanks... yes, I was looking around my 'cave' and thinking how grateful I am to have such a space so out came the camera :D)
DeleteRebel does keep an eye on things too ;D)
Those eggs are great to have each day - yes, and the low-carbing is going well - it's doable because we are both keen to stay on it. That documentary "The Obesity Myth" on SBS the other week really gave us the incentive to do something.
Thanks re the cards too - and, my pleasure ;D).
We're getting such harsh winds at the moment - hope its milder over your way. Cheers xx
oh how i have missed you, i am happy to see this update. your woman cave is exactly as i pictured it, really creative people as just a little bit messy ;)
ReplyDeletethe cards are GORGEOUS, really GORGEOUS - you have such talent!!
and 2 eggs per day - well that works perfectly. lucky you, and lucky them to have found you!!!
Thanks so kindly Debbie - always lovely to see you too.
DeleteLoved your 'Blogumentary' on those gorgeous Butterflies - what a thrill to see their progress :D)
It is really nice to be able to up and leave the bit messy room and come back to it - so I'm lucky to have that space.
Thank you re my cards, it always gives me pleasure to paint - and I always appreciate that they can give others a smile :D)
Cheers and thanks for popping over xx
I am so happy that you did all your delayed chores and back to blogging again!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful bouquet dear Sue!
Lovely photos and Loved the cards ,so pretty and charming.you are Gifted my friend!
Loved the word you used for your painting room "woman cave" each beautiful soul this cave to relieve her existence.
Hope you enjoyed your coffee with your hubby.
Best wishes for all your diet plans dear
Hello Baili, it's lovely to read your message thank you very much.
DeleteIt's nice to have the time to spend doing those things - we are never bored with our retirement :D)
I hope all is going well for you nowadays and I appreciate your visit xx