Sunday, July 30, 2017

Happy Sunday ~

Hello!
Enjoy your Sunday ...


From our garden ... a little Grevillea basking in the Winter sun yesterday.
Sue xx

60 comments:

  1. A beautiful photo of your Grevillea! Have a wonderful week, Sue!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Suzanne - another week has gone by and I hope it's been a good one for you :D)

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous flowers, I've never seen them before. Hope you and the chooks are doing well, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always beaut to see a different bloom isn't it, I'm really happy you're seeing this lovely Australian native here on my blog Valerie! I appreciate all the variety you bring to your blog as well. Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  3. wonderful this flowers!!!
    have a nice Sunday Elke!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elke, how lovely, thank you for visiting :D)

      Delete
  4. I cannot hardly imaging how very lovely your garden is. You have winter there and still this beautiful flower looks so gorgeous.
    Thank you Sue for your visits and kind comments on my site.
    Have a wonderful, happy Sunday and next becoming week - actually new month as well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are very lucky to have colour all through the year Sirkkis - I never take it for granted either.
      Lovely to have you visit and sorry for my late reply to you and other good blog friends :D)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty. The weather today was lovely. Hopefully spring will be here soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela... I'm sure you've settled back in after your lovely adventure! Cheers and appreciate your visit :D)

      Delete
  6. Hello, very exotic looking flowers. Pretty photo. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday to you too Eileen (... a week further on :D) ).
      Thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  7. Love your photo, you should paint it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your thoughts, thanks Christine :D)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful flower! Are there cold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne, thank you :D)
      Yes, the nights are cold and the days have been pretty nice - no coats needed sometimes!

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful and unusual flower that is - Sue! Have a lovely week ahead of you too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie, I love how this flower is made up with all the curly bits :D)
      Enjoy your week too!

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous, Sue! It's great to see the sun -- your little Grevillea certainly seems to be lapping it up. It's a sign spring is coming. Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki - the bees are happy that another Grevillea is blooming! Yes, spring isn't too far away :D) xx

      Delete
  11. That's a lovely tropical flower, so exotic.
    Yes, I had a very happy Sunday, thanks, and hope you did too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sheila, thank you... yes, it does look tropical actually ;D)
      Glad you enjoyed your Sunday, have a lovely week - I'm sorry I've not been very active with everyone lately xx

      Delete
  12. Hello Sue, what a beautiful flower, thank you for sharing. It is wet and horrible here today so it was lovely to bask in a little of your sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara, it's always nice to bask in a little sun isn't it.. hope you get a break in your clouds and it can peek through soon :D)

      Delete
  13. Hi Sue,
    I had a lovely Sunday, thank you - hope you did too.

    Love these flowers, what a gorgeous colour.

    As Barbara said above, we've had a lot of rain today in the UK and it's meant to be summer!!!

    Have a happy month of August

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to see you too Jan, thanks for your visit... those summer rains can be persistent can't they! Hope your August is great :D)

      Delete
  14. Dearest Sue; I've never seen "Grevillea"; checked with pc and found that this flower is native to your country. Oh, too hot now here, "Basking in the winter sun" p;-)
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miyako, really beaut to see you. Yes, the grevillea is a native and for such a delicate looking flower it's a really tough drought-resistent plant. I love them.
      Hope the heat leaves for you soon. Cheerio for now :D) xx

      Delete
  15. Ohhh these are so pretty. Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these pretty blooms! Hope your week is lovely! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice, dear Sue, is your Grevillea!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Edith from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to see you Edith, thanks for leaving your comment :D)

      Delete
  18. I love them all, such pretty flowers and don't the birds love them... I am already dreading summer, seemingly just around the corner, if our temps are anything to go by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds do love them ... you're so right, and they're first on the bees "go-to" list as well ;D)

      Delete
  19. Dear Sue - this is a beautiful plant. I love the medley of yellow and pink together. Hope your August is a lovely one. Have a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie, I'm glad you enjoy it too - it continues to bloom more flowers each day too. August is definitely its month! Thanks for visiting :D)

      Delete
  20. What a pretty image sue, the colors of the flower and the pretty light make it special. It is unusual to me, I like seeing unusual flowers.

    Our temperatures have turned cooler, the days are bearable and the nights are beautiful. Lucky us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, they certainly caught my eye too! The native birds enjoy the nectar as do the bees (once its warm enough for them to come out of their hive down in the back yard!)
      Glad you're getting some lovelier weather now - yes, enjoy! xx

      Delete
  21. Hello Sue, your Grevillea has a beautiful bloom. That would brighten up the day, it has mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Denise, thanks so much for leaving your lovely comments.
      It's always so nice when we can brighten each others' days isn't it, thank you :D)

      Delete
  22. That's a wonderful photo Sue! This plant is so beautiful!
    Hope you enjoy your August! We had some very hot days and now it is rain and cold again here. We will see!
    Happy weekend!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Susi, it has responded extremely well to a hard prune!
      Enjoy the week ahead, I hope it's a lovely one for you :D)

      Delete
  23. Hello, Sue, I hope you are well and enjoying your August. It is nice of you to stop by for a visit. Enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Eileen, yes thanks all is well... it's a busy August at the moment. Always lovely to catch up with you :D)

      Delete
  24. unfamiliar to me but really beautiful plant Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is Baili, thank you, we love our Aussie native plants - glad you enjoyed it too :D)

      Delete
  25. Oh these are gorgeous! The dark background really brings out the colours and sunshine! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Clare, yes I was pleasantly surprised with how the shady spot in the background worked in the photo! Thanks for your visit :D)

      Delete
  26. Never seen a flower like that. I'm sure it wouldn't grow in an English garden, it looks like a hot weather flower to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenny, lovely to see you.
      It's an Australian Native, a Grevillea, and your comment about it made me think... we've had some pretty harsh frosts this year and it stands tall and continues to flower throughout. I then did a search and found that cold climate species are being developed. Unfortunately, one of our other Grevilleas species was not so hardy ... takes all types eh!
      Hope you're doing ok over there, will catch up soon xx

      Delete
  27. Just dropping you my best wishes dear Sue as to be honest i am missing your art blogging and garden sharing .
    I pray ,hope and wish that all is going well and fine in your lovely world my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dear Baili, thank you so kindly for your sweet words. Everything is going very well here and with us, I hope it is the same with you. See you soon :D) xx

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx