Monday, April 24, 2017

A little change or two

... in how I do my posts for a while.                                         *Update added below

Hi there!

The time has come for me to start behaving.

                    ... no, I haven't been "carousing" or "letting loose"  but, whenever I use my laptop computer, I sit hunched over it in a way that hasn't done my bod any favours over these past few years.


Windflowers - at our back door


I'll reduce my  time online and  keep my post contents shorter (arrrgh... shorter sentences - what a challenge;D) )

Making those little changes will make a  big difference while I work out a good compromise.

UPDATE:  27th April, 2017
A dear blogger-friend, Vicki, sent me an email with a possible solution which I'd like to share.
She suggests, from her own experience, a Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo, and, as she explains,  the keyboard can sit on a lap, or wherever is most comfortable, and the laptop positioned where the screen is at the right height.  
Thanks so much Vicki xx

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great week and I'll catch up with each of you soon



52 comments:

  1. I personally don't use a laptop for that and some other reasons. I still am on a PC. Please find a better way. I will miss your long sentences and post. LOL Your garden looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am trialling using tv for screen, head nice and straight and laptop keyboard on correct height table keeping arms right angle. Going ok too. Hugs and thanks Nicole xx

      Delete
  2. Sue, you must take care of you first. We all love you and want you to feel the best that you can. Blog when you can and when you feel up to it. I am not going anywhere even if you only blog once a year.
    You are a friend to me and friends stick by one another :)
    Love your garden!!!

    Great Big Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweetJan, thankyou. Still blogging - just shorter stints. tv/table thing in above reply working well. hugsxx

      Delete
  3. Wise words, and it's important to look after yourself and care for your health. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Valerie, all the best to you too xx

      Delete
  4. hi sue...any one of us could have written this post, we are all developing the same habits. and talk about run on sentences, my english teachers would be ashamed!! although my bigger problem is "run on pictures"!! i too worry about my posture, it has certainly been affected by my computer use. your flowers are pretty...a purple rose of sharon??

    have a good week sue!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, yes, it's so easy to get into bad posture habits. ha ha, I know what you mean about the pictures!
      Purple is Native Hibiscus and white is Windflower. Thanks for popping over xx

      Delete
    2. it looks just like my rose of sharon, so beautiful!!!

      Delete
    3. i read vicki's suggestion - good ideas!! i just wanted to let you know i was thinking of you today!!

      Delete
    4. Hi Debbie, I missed seeing your previous comment till now... yes, when I googled Rose of Sharon, it's exactly like what we call Native Hibiscus here!! Wikipedia refers to " Rose of Sharon is a common name that has been applied to several different species of flowering plants that are valued in different parts of the world. "//... so it looks like we're loving the same type of plant, its so pretty isn't it!

      Yes, I've already taken up Vicki's suggestion and we have a wireless keyboard/mouse on its way. I mentioned it to my lovely Physio, Ethan, today and he applauds it as a perfect solution (gold star to dear Vicki ;D)). I'd gone on for too long with neck bent and wrists too high... it caught up with me finally. Already, just doing a bit less online time until I get my new setup has made a difference, along with appropriate exercises. Cheers Debbie, hope you're behaving too ;D) hugs xx

      Delete
    5. oh and thanks for popping in again and leaving your lovely thoughts Debbie , so sweet of you xx

      Delete
    6. as the weather warms up, and there are so many fun things to do + gardening, less computer time is good and healthy!!!

      Delete
    7. That's so right Debbie. Enjoy your nicer weather won't you xx

      Delete
  5. Hello Sue, I agree with the other's above. Take care of you and your health comes first. I am always trying to force myself to sit and walk straight. Your garden and flowers are pretty. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very kindly Eileen... have a lovely week :D)xx

      Delete
  6. Boa continuação de semana.
    janicce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use my laptop, but I keep it on the desk when I am using it...never on my lap. I hope these changes will help you, Sue! Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Linda, so do I but it's that tilt of the neck to look at the screen that's the problem. Thanks for your kind wishes xx

      Delete
  8. I love your Windflowers, have never seen any before. So good to see you. Take care! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne, they pop up and always surprise :D)xx

      Delete
  9. Our health comes first ... and computers are just so easy to stay on and around that little bit longer than is good!
    I think we can all be guilty of this.

    I always love my visits to your blog, I'm sure you will work out what best suits you, and I for one will always look forward to reading and seeing your posts.

    Your windflowers are gorgeous.

    Take Care, my good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely windflowers you have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is windflower the same as Anemone hupehensis or similar? So pretty in white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so Riitta (ggogle images seem same). They are lovely in pink too xx

      Delete
  12. Busy week for me, too. Hooray for spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good for you Jenn;D) We're welcoming Autumn over here... bit chilly but a nice change.

      Delete
  13. Dear Sue - just glad you continue to share bits of your life. Your world is always a delight to see. Take care and have a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Debbie, appreciate your visit, all going well here thanks and hope same with you :D)xx

      Delete
  14. Have a good day whatever you're doing! (It's good to catch up with you after a bit of a blogging break).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Linda, lovely to see you again!

      Delete
  15. Lovely windflowers, Sue! It's always important to take care of your health, first! Sitting in front of a computer does have its complications.....Take care xxx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending you greetings & hope you'll soon feel better. I have started to do stretching every day - for half an hour... Hope it will help to my back stiffness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Riitta, thank you so much. Yes, am getting there and am doing everything lovely Physio Ethan tells me to :D)
      Good for you stretching, I really hope it makes a difference and helps with the stiffness. Very best, hugs xx

      Delete
  17. Hello Sue, your blogposts are so friendly.
    I don't find it easy to type on a laptop, it's best either at a PC or as you say, a free keyboard and mouse. Hope you get the right balance.
    The windflowers are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Sheila, it's all the friendly blogfriends who drop by and leave their comments that make it so, many thanks :D) The new wireless keyboard/mouse combo just arrived and I'm currently using it... I love using the mouse and hubby did photos to check my posture is correct while using it... passed all tests with flying colours ;D)
      Lovely to see you again, enjoy your week. Cheers now!

      Delete
  18. Hello Sue, I understand exactly what you mean; this sitting over a laptop/pc/tablet all day is doing me no good at all! My posts have been getting longer – perhaps it is time to trim them down. I will try, honestly I will! Look after yourself and don’t worry about blogging until you feel good and ready. Hugs Barbara
    PS I’ve found Pilates really helps. The trouble is I only do it once a week, which is not enough – more discipline and less blogging required. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thanks for leaving your comments here which I appreciate. I'm really glad you've found a help with Pilates.
      What I've found is that it's not so much the length of time at the pc, but the incorrect posture I've been using. I've been given such good advice which I'm following and things are definitely on the improve. Cheers for now :D)

      Delete
  19. Good to make those changes Sue. I am also wireless and can change positions if need be. It is a whole lot easier on the bod :). I just couldn't sit in one position any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, thanks... I can certainly feel the benefits in neck, arm and wrist now. It's definitely a problem that we all have to address at some time. Appreciate you popping in :D)

      Delete
  20. I've used a wireless laptop for years, certainly an improvement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, it's nice to have a separate mouse and keyboard to run the laptop now :D)

      Delete
  21. I hope you have found it helpful making the changes. I like your blog and hope you don't wind down your posts ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jenny, yes I have... already too!
      That's so lovely of you to say, no I won't be winding down, just stopped while I sorted this problem out. I so enjoy being a blogger :D)Cheers now!

      Delete
  22. My, those coffees in your header look so delicious and inviting. Love the teddy bear tray, too. :-)

    I am so pleased my suggestion about the wireless keyboard and mouse is helping. I know I wouldn’t be without mine.

    Please look after yourself and we will see you when we see you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have our coffees each morning from the teddy tray (all of $1 from an Op Shop ),when weather permits to sit on the verandah :D)
      It really, really.... really is making a huge difference Vicki - thanks - that, and limiting my time sitting at the computer. Have been doing more painting too, so it's all nice.
      Cheers and hugs xx

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx