This is the time of year when cuttings, from our Dear Daughter's Native Hibiscus, flower up and put on a beautiful display.
They've been watered with mostly recycled water too.
... After washing up the dishes, I fill a jug or two from the rinse water bowl and, because they're right outside the back door within easy reach, I give them a nice drink.
They don't seem to mind the few suds that may be in the water, well, I haven't heard any complaints from them yet ;D)
... We're on mains water but, since our camping days and time spent living in a bus, I can't seem to get out of the habit of making the most of whatever water we can get our hands on.
It's a pleasant bit of exercise too.
Thanks very much for your visit ....
Linking with Riitta at Floral Bliss:


I have one hibiscus plant that has the same colour flower like yours...but it has yet to look as beautiful as yours! Perhaps I will take the cue of giving them a nice drink to produce more flowers:) We also recycle kitchen washing up water into the garden...mains water is expensive...just couldn't afford to waste them if we can reuse them, specially when the soil seems to be always thirsty too!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day today..Sue:)
Hello Annie, thank you! The other thing I feed them, diluted in the rinse water, is the liquid from our worm farm once a month, it's a nice plant tonic :D)
DeleteWe've sandy soil so, yes, we too have thirsty soil! Lovely to have you drop by :D)
Your hibiscus are just lovely Sue. Because of my cat Sissi I have no indoor plants, but hibiscus are here great flowering indoor plants. I once had a beautiful yellow with double petals - I do mis it!
ReplyDeleteHappy International Women's Day!
Thanks very much Riitta, I've never thought of them as being indoor plants but, yes they'd make lovely ones. Your yellow one sounds like it was a beauty :D) Happy Women's Day to you as well!
DeleteYou're doing the right thing using recycled water for your plants. Water is always precious and worth saving wherever and whenever we can.
ReplyDeleteThe hibiscus flowers look very delicate and charming.
Hello Duta, I hope all's going well with you.
DeleteWe certainly learnt lots of ways to live with a small amount of water, I'm always appreciative to have ready access to it even now! Cheers :D)
I also sometimes recycle water on plants. Not as much as I should. Beautiful flowers!
ReplyDeleteHi Carol, well every little bit counts doesn't it ... sometimes it's physically not possible for various reasons. Glad you liked the flowers :D)
DeleteHibiscus are such lovely flowers. I have started planting them in my garden this year. We are on tank water, so I an very aware of our usage. I combine a lot of water usage, too.
ReplyDeleteThey are indeed... quite hardy too, even though they look delicate. Oh gosh, being on tank water can be tenuous at times. You'd be a dab hand at juggling it in lots of ways.
DeleteI remember quite a few years ago now. We lived on a property with tank water and there was a drought, the dew coming off the roof would fill the tank by nearly 1 corrugation overnight and early morning we were monitoring it that closely! I should clarify, we weren't in the outback or anything and we could have purchased water but we managed to get by on very little.
Cheers now and thanks for your visit :D)
Hello, I love your hibiscus blooms. What a pretty color. The hibiscus does well here in Florida but back home in Maryland it is a summer time plant. We use to move a big hibiscus in a pot in and out of the house. Lovely photos. Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteHello Eileen, lovely to see you. Thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed them. I'm finding out today that the Hibiscus is so versatile... a really accommodating plant!
DeleteCheers now and will catch up very soon :D)
What vivid colors hibiscus.
ReplyDeleteJust insane.
Regards:)*
Hi there Monika! Yes they are... and such a delightful greeting as we step out the back door.. Cheers and thanks for your visit :D)
DeleteLove your hibiscus, you have a wonderful garden. Kudos for not wasting water, so many people on this planet don't have enough! BIG hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteHello Valerie, thank you - it's made up of lots of cuttings from dear ones... I love the daily reminders :D)
DeleteOh yes, indeed, the hardships caused by so little water is unbelievable at times! My Husband has been in a remote area of Vietnam and seen women who literally climb up the sides of mountains on little more than a goat track, carting water on their back for their tiny life-saving vegetable gardens held together by a circle of rocks in precious little dirt... that blew our minds and I must share that photo actually for International Women's Day, even though it may be a bit late. Thanks for the inspiration Valerie xx
Your photos are so beautiful! I love the banner also. I am not very good at conserving water but I'm learning. Could do a lot better. I do fill up gallon jugs with water and leave them on our back deck - then I can water my plants without turning on the hose so I guess that's a good start. I love hibiscus.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Sandy ... I've never been able to capture our lizards and skinks drinking at that water bowl in the header pic, they're too quick, but, gosh it's a lovely sight on a hot day, knowing they've got a handy spot :D)
DeleteThat's a great idea how you water your plants - we all have our own little ways don't we. Love that your visited, cheerio for now :D)
So beautiful flowers! Greetings
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Anne, they give us a lot of smiles :D)
DeleteYour blooms are absolutely gorgeous, Sue! And I really like the idea of recycled water. Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you are having a great week! :)
ReplyDeleteHi there Linda - and thanks very much for your beaut comments :D)xx
DeleteThe hibiscus are gorgeous, Sue!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your header photo... Lizards, wow!!!
I think it's great that you recycle water... more precious than diamonds!!!
Wow, Sue!!! You lived in a bus... cool 🚌
Big Hugs 💕
Thanks very much Jan :D)
DeleteYes, we travelled to many parts of Australia in our bus and thoroughly enjoyed it too. Glad we did it while we were able, have loads of happy memories. Cheers now!
Muito belas as imagens.
ReplyDeleteAmo hibiscus.
Prazer em conhecer seu blog.
janicce - Brasil/RS
Very beautiful pictures.
I love hibiscus.
Nice to meet your blog.
Janicce - Brazil / RS
Hello Janice, lovely to meet you, thanks for visiting my blog. I'm really happy you've enjoyed the photos ... Cheers now :D)
DeleteHi Sue. What beautiful plants. The color of the blooms is so pretty. And, I adore your header photo with the lizard pond. The blooms are so bright-they look like daisies from here.
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a great day. Will see you soon! ♥
I also use leftover water to give drinks to my plants. Sometimes I have too much in the coffee pot when I only plant to make a 3 cup pot. So, I give the rest to my little dog, or to any ivy plant indoors. The dog always knows that leftover water is going into her dish.
Hi Suzanne, thanks so much! I can keep watch on the lizard pond from the kitchen window and am thrilled to see how many use it! The birds choose other watering spots but this is definitely a lizard hangout... for the big Blue-tongues too. My hands are usually in suds so I'm never quick enough to snap a pic though :D)
DeleteGlad you liked the flowers - yes, they really brighten up the area. We cut them right back once the cooler months arrive, seems to spur them on to grow even higher each season !
It's all those tiny ways we can use up our leftover bits of water - so clever Suzanne! Cheerio now and have a great weekend :D)
The Hibiscus is beautiful, what wonderful colour.
ReplyDeleteI think it a good idea to recycle water as much as possible ...
All the best Jan
How lovely of you to say, thanks very much Jan. Always good to read your thoughts. appreciate the visit. Cheers now :D)
DeleteLiebe Sue,
ReplyDeleteich liebe den Hibiskus und ich züchte welche - seit vielen Jahren. Es sind mittlerweile weit über 1000 Stück, die ich verschenkt habe...Es soll in jedem Garten blühen!!!
So wunderschön wie in Deinem Garten! Ich habe Dich heute auf meine Blog-Besten-Liste gesetzt, damit ich hier bei Dir nichts mehr verpasse!
Alles Liebe
Heidi
Translation:
DeleteDear Sue,
I love the hibiscus and I breed which - for many years. There are now more than 1000 pieces, I've given away ... It shall blossom in every garden !!!
So beautiful as in your garden! I have you now set to my blog top list so I miss here with you nothing!
All the best
Heidi
Thanks so much for your visit Heidi. It's lovely to read how your hibiscus have been shared around to so many gardens... so beautiful to think about.
DeleteI'm really glad you've enjoyed my post and I've been away for a while now but will visit yours really soon, thanks again Heidi. Cheers now :D)
Such pretty and delicate flowers. Don't ask me why, but they make me think of frilly lingerie. :D
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the water saving. When we were going through the drought and our water tanks were low, we would save the final rinse water from each washing load. Carting buckets of water is hard work, though. But the plants sure appreciated it.
heh heh, I love that thought ... they are so pretty and the colour in lingerie - wow!
DeleteIsn't it amazing how things grow even with 'second use' water! A bucketful sure can weigh a lot all right! Cheers now :D)xx