It's a beautiful Wednesday here.
I've decided to have a bit of a frolic amongst the flowers and birds... perhaps you'd like to join in:
 |
| "Kangaroo Paws" |
 |
Our Bee in the Ti-Tree
|
 |
| Pretty Geraniums... forever flowering - such a giving plant! |
 |
| Our newest addition to the garden... "Moonlight Grevillea" |
 |
A random bunch of flowers I picked while on a stroll down in the orchard area where I found this discarded Blackbird's egg |
 |
| A closer look - to see the first pecking hole |
 |
| I took this photo years ago of a Blackbird's nest. |
 |
| More recently, a baby Blackbird in a favourite safe spot by the pond. |
 |
| It took a while to work up the courage for what looked like a first bath! |
~ Linking to:
Riitta's Floral Bliss
Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday
Oh Sue, what a great selection of photographs.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see the flowers and birds.
I think he/she was enjoying the bird bath!
Happy Wednesday Wishes
All the best Jan
Thanks so much Jan, so glad you enjoyed seeing them :D)
DeleteSue, your photos are gorgeous, delightful and soothing! So lovely to see. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThat's so sweet of you Linda, thank you :D)
DeleteFabulous photos. I love the Kangaroo flowers, those are amazing.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Nicole - appreciate your visit. These flowers have always fascinated me and come in a huge array of colours :D)
DeleteSue, these are some of the most gorgeous photos that I've ever seen.
ReplyDeleteThat lovely egg is so pretty. You are very talented with that camera, dear girl 📷
Big Hugs 💖
Thanks so much Jan, most appreciated. I still have those little egg pieces on my window ledge... they're lovely! :D)
DeleteLove these photos of flowers and birds. The kangaroo paw plant is something new to me, and very beautiful. Thanks for sharing, lovely to see on a cold, dark morning here, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteHello Valerie, thanks very much! The kangaroo paw is very popular with the bird life too! Glad they brightened up your morning. Cheers :D)
DeleteWell Sue, you have a load of images, flowers and birds, really pleasant to see.
ReplyDeleteThanks very kindly Bob :D)
DeleteAmazing photos Sue! The baby black bird is so cute, poor little creature <3 I can see Kangaroo Paws here at the florist's! They are such a good addition in bouquets. Your pink pelargonium is a wow! Have a nice day, thank you for linking.
ReplyDeleteThanks Riitta and Happy Floral Bliss :D)
DeleteYes, the Kangaroo Paws have a long vase life too which is an added goodie! Lovely to see you!
Hello Sue, I love the cute blackbird bathing in the pond. Your flowers are all so pretty. The kangaroo paws are an interesting bloom.I also like the pretty Grevillea. Lovely photos. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteHi Eileen, they are so cute - it's a lovely thing to sit and watch them... hours go by ;O)
DeleteGlad you like the florals too, thanks for dropping by.
Beautiful Sue! It's uplifting to see the flowers in your garden and the bunch you picked from those in your orchard. The grevillea 'Moonlight' is gorgeous. It's interesting to see these Australian blooms. The baby blackbird is sweet.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Linda :D)
DeleteI'm really glad you enjoyed them. Yes, the Moonlight is proving to be a very fast grower too. We bought it for its ability to flower continuously all year and already the birds and bees have clamoured at the two blooms !
Oh, how wonderful pictures! Greetings
ReplyDeleteHello Anne, thank you kindly :D)
DeleteWhat a wonderful walk -- I really appreciate your talent for noticing the beautiful small things that many people might miss. Thanks for slowing down and appreciating nature -- and for sharing your great finds. That one flower, the moonlight greville is quite fascinating. So different.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sallie, I've even more time nowadays in which to poke around the garden and enjoy it fully... I'm really glad you've enjoyed the results too. Cheers :D)
Deletei am a little jealous as i would love to be walking about my gardens right now. the only blooms i have right now are the crocus and although i appreciate them, i would love to see more color!!
ReplyDeleteyou images are beautiful and that sweet little bouquet is divine, enjoy an extra few minutes for me!!!
Hi Debbie, I can only imagine how you must feel, we are spoilt by the ever colourful landscapes over here all year round, so I'm extra happy to be able to spread some colour. Really glad you enjoyed it too... yep, I shall linger longer just for you :D)xx
DeleteAlways a pleasure to drop by here, such a happy place!
ReplyDeleteThat's so lovely to know - thanks Christine!
DeleteYour photo's are gorgeous! I love the close ups of the beautiful flowers!
ReplyDeleteGreetings, Sofie
http://sofiecreates.blogspot.be/2017/03/hello-march.html
Hello Sofie, thanks very much and lovely to have you visit :D)
DeleteI tried to leave a comment on your blog however it's set up in such a way that it wouldn't allow me to do so unless I agreed to Google+ Profile being created, so I had to cancel. I'm sorry, but Google+ causes so many problems and I just don't wish to go there again.
However, I did want to say that I loved your beautiful Collage - full of pretty flowers and lots of colour! Cheers now :D)
Thanks for taking us along on your stroll! The flowers are fantastic and your photos of them are very striking and clear.
ReplyDeleteHi Betty, you're most welcome and I'm so happy you enjoyed it :D)
DeleteHi Sue, it's so nice to see all that color! Your beautiful shots warmed up my winter day.
ReplyDeleteHello Connie, I'm really pleased that did that! Cheers :D)
DeleteNice post - we had a blackbird nest in our garden, we call the birds The Ardens (I have no idea why!) - but the nest was raided.
ReplyDeleteGlad you managed to link up.
Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
Many thanks Stewart!
DeleteI love that name for your blackbirds - such a shame about the raid... hopefully, a new family will fare better.
Appreciate your visit, cheers now :D)
Sue, you are so blessed to be able to see and appreciate all the little details of what nature offers... your photos are beautiful and I could almost smell the fragrance of the Ti-tree...I'm not familiar with this tree but how I love the name:) Wishing you another beautiful day today:)
ReplyDeleteIndeed I do feel that way Annie - it's lovely to have the time to be able to.
DeleteThe Ti-tree oils are used for many purposes - mostly medicinal. They're held in very nearly the same regard as Eucalyptus oils.
Thanks for your visit and good wishes to you :D)
Love all the pretty flowers especially the kangaroo paws. I wonder whether the kangaroo paw plants can grow here in my country with a tropical climate. Now there is a little bird building a nest in my hibiscus bush. I don't know its name but it tweets very loudly.
ReplyDeleteThanks Nancy, much appreciated.
DeleteFrom what I know about them, they don't like cold, wet climates as they're susceptible to fungal disease.
So, they'd love the warmth of your climate and perhaps with the right drainage and under shelter they would do ok.
I've really learnt the lesson over the years that anything is possible! Plants don't read the Rule Books written about them ;D)
From what I've seen on your blog, you nurture your cuttings and seedlings and would have the same attitude... I'd give it a go.
There are many varieties around these days and surely that fungal predilection could well have been bred out!
Hope that's been of help ... Cheers now and happy planting :D)
Hi Sue, sorry I'm running late this week on blogs. I love your photos, the Kangaroo Paws are really from anything I've seen...rich, red and furry! I just love Geraniums and try to have some every year. Last year, I didn't get any good ones, and they didn't last as long as usual. They will usually last through the winter, and into another Spring and Summer. The red ones are my favorite, as they hold up to our summer heat better. I did view the video from your sidebar of the Loose Watercolor Poppies. She did that so effortlessly. I have a sketch, so far, but haven't tried to paint it yet. Maybe one day next week. I am pretty busy right now at home, and with my Grandson. I'm always so glad to see you and your beautiful posts. Have a wonderful day.♥
ReplyDeleteHi Suzanne, thank you for popping in and leaving your lovely comment.
DeleteYes, the geraniums are always great to have around the garden... we have a rock retaining wall that must feel like a blast furnace to them in Summer but they continue to grow more or less relying on what rain falls! (which is happening right now as I type.... ah, wonderful, after this heat!)
Glad you enjoyed the video - she's always my "go-to" when I start trying to put in too much detail and it doesn't work! Your painting will come when it comes won't it, that's definitely something that will only happen when the time is right.
I know you're enjoying that precious time with your dear Grandson - the years slip away too quickly when they're growing up don't they :D)
Cheerio now, lovely to catch up xx
Fabulous photos!
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs
Maarit
Hello Maarit, thank you very much and lovely to see you :D)
DeleteExciting post with nice flowers
ReplyDeleteand birds eggs.
Hello and thank you very kindly :D)
DeleteOh Sue, your photos are soo beautiful. The flowers delightful and your bee and blackbird images are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful weekend :)
ReplyDeleteHi there Prunella, thanks very much and I glad you've enjoyed them :D)
Deletebeautiful post both for flowers and birds. So strange that an entire chick can grow in the small eggs :)
ReplyDeleteThank you - yes, I find it fascinating too about those tiny eggs... such a small space for chicks! :D)
DeleteDearest Sue; I LOVE your BEAUTIFUL and COLORFUL (summer) flowers from your country♪ And the blackbird is really attractive; finding the first pecked egg must be really interesting☆☆☆
ReplyDeleteThe picture of the little baby Blackbird bathing is SO lovely♡♡♡
It still cold in the morning but gradually we can start feeling spring breathe; hoping your fall is closer and not too hot now.
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*
Hello Miyako, thank you very much... it was so lovely to find that egg, it's so fragile and delicate and the colour is gorgeous.
DeleteI'm glad you're starting to feel hints of Spring. We call fall, Autumn over here (I know you like to know the correct terms :D)). Yes, our Autumn cooler air is coming, most certainly, probably a few hot days ... ha ha, just to let us know the Summer is not giving up without a fight ;D)
Cheers to you dear friend :D) xx
Love love these photos!!
ReplyDeleteaw, so kind of you to say, thank you Sandy :D)
DeleteThat was a nice walk around the garden.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Joan, glad you enjoyed it :D)
DeleteLiebe Sue,
ReplyDeleteich bin mal wieder hier auf Deinem Blog undbewundere Deine wunderschönen Aufnahmen von der Blumenwelt, die Dich in Australien umgibt - herrlich.
Die Känguruh-Tatzen sind wirklich etwas ganz besonderes. Aber auch die Heide in Deinem neuesten Post gefällt mir außerordentlich gut!!! Es macht sooooo viel Freude sehen zu dürfen, was am "anderen Ende der Welt" blüht und gedeiht! Ich danke Dir sehr für diese wunderbaren Informationen.
Und ich habe noch etwas für Dich:
Liebe Sue, ich weiß nicht, ob es irgendwo eine Art Ersatzmittel für Humofix gibt. Nicht umsonst exportieren es die Schwestern der Benedektiner-Abtei in Fulda in gut 30 Länder dieser Erde. Ich glaube es ist so ziemlich einmalig.
Aber ich habe gleichzeitig eine gute Nachricht für Dich: Du kannst dieses Pulver (es ist in kleinen Portionen à 1,2 g für 1 l Konzentrat, dass ist wiederum ausreichend für 100 l Gießwasser oder 2 m³ Kompostmaterial) bestellen.
Ich gebe Dir gerne die Kontaktdaten der Abtei in Fulda auf Deinen Blog.
Alles Liebe und vielen Dank für Deine immer wieder so lieben Worte in Deinen Kommentaren!
Heidi
Hier nun die Kontaktdaten:
Benediktinerinnenabtei zur Hl. Maria
Nonnengasse 16
36037 Fulda
Tel: + 49 (0) 66 1 / 90 2 45 – 0
Fax: + 49 (0) 66 1 / 90 2 45 – 45
info@abtei-fulda.de
www.abtei-fulda.de
Ich hoffe sehr, dass ich dir damit geholfen haben.
Noch einmal allerliebste Grüße
Heidi
Translation of Heidi's Comment:
Delete"Dear Sue,
I am again here on your blog undbewundere your beautiful shots of the flower world that surrounds you in Australia - gorgeous.
The kangaroo paws are really something special. But the heathen in your latest post I like very well !!! It makes sooooo much fun to be able to see what the "other side of the world" is alive and well! Thank you very much for this wonderful information.
And I have something for you:
Dear Sue, I do not know if there is somewhere a kind of substitute for Humofix. Not for nothing it export the sisters of the Benedictine abbey in Fulda in more than 30 countries around the world. I think it's pretty unique.
But I have the same good news for you: You can hide this powder (it is in small portions at 1.2 g for 1 liter of concentrate that is in turn sufficient for 100 l irrigation water or 2 m³ of compost material) order.
I will give you like to contact the abbey in Fulda on your blog.
Much love and thanks for your always so kind words in your comments!
Heidi
Here are the contact details:
Benediktinerinnenabtei Hl. Maria
Nonnengasse 16
36037 Fulda
Tel: + 49 (0) 66 1/90 2 45 - 0
Fax: + 49 (0) 66 1/90 2 45-45
info@abtei-fulda.de
www.abtei-fulda.de
I hope that I have helped you so.
Once again dearest greetings
Heidi"
Hello Heidi, thank you very much! The same goes for me, I really love to see the flowers, plants and wildlife all over the world... some are different and some are the same.
DeleteI appreciate you including the information on Humofix - a very special mix indeed, and at that dilution rate... very economical to purchase.
Always lovely to have you visit, cheerio for now and I'm glad you enjoyed my posts :D)
It's no longer Wednesday but it is a beautiful day for frolicking amongst the flowers and birds. Such a diverse and fascinating range of colours, shapes and textures. Love the rich contrasting colours of the kangaroo paw.
ReplyDeleteAnd of course, I'm a sucker for birds, especially baby birds. :)
heh heh, and it's no longer Wednesday as I reply but still it's a beautiful day once more (slowly calming down and realising it's supposed to be Autumn now perhaps ;D) )
DeleteGlad you loved them all, thanks for popping in ... Cheers xx