Lots of things to do/should do/wish I could do/wish I had done....in real life and online...
!! gasp!! ... I even thought about skipping Paint Party Friday today because I couldn't make a decision to save myself.
Silly self thoughts: "Come on woman - you're pushing seventy and still carrying on like a pork chop!!"
Then the very words I'd sent to a beautiful blogger friend last week came hurtling right back at me...
Simon and Garfunkel's song:
Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feeling groovy
I got inspired and, as I sometimes do, broke out in cartoon-ish:
Oh yes, I should add that, for the sake of propriety, the clouds are concealing my very sensible undergarments [wink]
Here's said video - thanks boys!
π¨ Thanks so much for dropping by - I'm back to sensible Sue now I've got that out of my system! π¨
Linking to Eva and Kristin's Paint Party Friday - a welcoming spot for everyone, whether you paint, create or not... have a look by clicking on this image:

Sue you are an inspiration and a a real joy to blog with π
ReplyDeleteI love this posting and your art piece is simply heavenly π
I am so happy to have met you through blogspot ππΌπ
aww Jan, now thankyou! Have some choccie π« ;D)
DeleteI know you won't mind if I turn your comment right back to you - we have fun don't we.
Cheers now and thanks for your lovely words and visit
π
I know you were having a day, however, the way you speak and handled the situation brought a huge smile to my face. How many times do we all have days like that. I love that you go cartoonish it brings joy. Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Nicole... couldn't even decide whether to hit 'publish' but darling hubby said to do it!
DeleteYes, you're right about us all having 'days' - we all have those feelings don't we - I've never actually put mine right out there quite like that. All good now. π°
Beaut to have you pop over, cheerio now π
Whenever I feel rushed or stressed, I think of a turtle or a snail...and nature in general. The birds of the air and animals don't rush or get flustered, yet they get everything done...you are such a lovely person, Sue! I really like your sketch, it is lovely! Ah, yes...relax, smile and just be! Warm hugs. I love your posts. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHello Linda, and thank you for your lovely words and good advice - much appreciated π
DeleteLOL, I guess you and I both procrastinated until the last minute this week. I think I"d love to be floating in the clouds like your cartoon. It made me laugh, hope you have a lovely weekend. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny how we can get sometimes! Yes, a bit of cloud floating does the world of good lol... glad you had a laugh too. Cheers now Jenn... enjoy chucking those chips at the seagulls ;D) π
DeleteThis is a fantastic most creative and fun piece Sue, so glad you made the PPF challenge today!
ReplyDeleteThat's so lovely of you to say Christine, thank you and I'm glad too .. beaut of you to visit π
DeleteWhat a happy fun post, made me smile so big! Love her in all her cotton glory! So unique! Made my day song and all!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
lol, a bit of floating, a bit of Simon & GarfunkelπΈ ... not too hard to take - thanks for enjoying them too and letting me know Giggles π
DeleteWhat fun! I am glad you drew your fantasy self back into happiness!
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria, ha ha, glad you had fun - me too ;D) Cheers π
DeleteThank you Sue this delightful post! Your drawing is adorable and fun. Yes, we sould make funny things sometimes to keep our mind young and happy.
ReplyDeleteLove the nice guys and their happy song on the video.
Have a happy PPF and weekend xx
That's lovely Sirkkis... thank you! Glad you enjoyed the guys too, an oldie but a goodie ;D) Cheers now π
DeleteWonderful post Sue, love your relaxing lady. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Valerie - Happy PPF too - cheerio for now π
DeleteOh what a lady, very pretty!
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF!
That's lovely of you to say - thank you! It's made her smile even brighter :D) π
DeleteWhat an uplifting post - your girl in the clouds is so pretty !
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend - let's calm down and do everything step by step!
oxo Susi
Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting - this is much appreciated!
from Susi to Sue
FROEBELSTERNCHEN
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE
MOO-MANIA & MORE -CHALLENGE
Hi Susi, I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. Yes, I agree - calming down... is good ;D) Cheers now π
DeleteHello, what a cute image, You are very creative, love the girl in the clouds. Keep cal and have a happy day! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen, I appreciate what you say. Enjoy your weekend as well.
DeleteIt's just hit 10.30 pm here so I'm calling it a night. Thanks for your lovely visit π
oh what a great fun post Sue! And by your chosen words and descriptions I can just hear your accent:) Love how you did a turnabout and managed a super fun illustration and song! Happy PPF!
ReplyDelete... that's lovely, thanks Linda - funny what can pop up out of different moods! Happy PPF to you too π
DeleteWell, I'm very happy that you didn't skip PPF Sue! Haha, carrying on like a pork chop .... that expression really makes me long for Australia :-) I love the wise words of S&G, and then the wonderfully uplifting piece of art it inspired you to make. I love it! It's so much fun, it brings me in a good mood. Thanks for that :-)
ReplyDelete... and I appreciate you saying so Denthe - thank you! I'm glad I didn't either. Also very happy that it spread the smiles... cheers π
DeleteI like your fun post and your great art piece that gave you peace and relaxation.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Nancy - all the best π
DeleteWhat a delightful way for me to start my day, listening to S&G (and the Smothers Brothers???). Your relaxed body modestly concealed by the clouds gave me a big smile. And BTW your cover banner is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool to read Faye - yay! Thanks so much and appreciate about the cover too... the other night it was raided by something (after the fishies), so I've put even more sticks and logs across it. All safe again! Cheers now π
Deleteooooh i laughed out loud at your pork chop comment!!! all of this was just delightful "to me"!!! we are hard on ourselves, aren't we. as we get closer to the finish line we want to make sure we get everything in!!!
ReplyDeletei LOVE the art - i have hair like that in all my dreams!!!
Hi Debbie, yes, am feeling all mature, grown up, wise and sensible now. Ha ha, for 5 minutes. Too true, we are hard on ourselves (whether we're young or old) and isn't it a relief when the penny drops and we ask ... why? It's fun to get all childish and let loose...
Deleteooooh yes, the lovely hair ... one thing though, I forgot to paint my toe nails red as well ;D) Thanks for your visit and wise words π xx
Absolutely awesome picture! Relaxing weekend;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Anne - you have a good one too π
DeleteHa! What fun! I love this art with cotton bubbles. Adorable and cute! :)
ReplyDeleteaw, thank you - really glad you do. Cheers π
DeleteVuHoo! The cartoon 'Sue lady' did bring a wide smile :D
ReplyDeleteSuper love her floating in the clouds!!! She is so relaxed...yes, we are sometimes too tough on ourselves!
Hi Deepa - thank you --- an occasional float in the clouds is so good for the soul! Beaut to see you again, cheers and I'll catch up with you soon π
DeleteWe all get in a tizz at times!
ReplyDeleteBut this is such a fun, fun post... thank you.
Simply love your cartoon drawing.
Have a great weekend
All the best Jan
... yes, that we do Jan, we're all only human eh! I'm really glad you enjoyed my bit of fun and gentle catharsissing ;D) Cheers now π
DeleteDear Sue - Wow that song brings back lots of good memories. Hadn't heard it for quite some time...just what I needed on a Friday afternoon. Love your art too - made me smile. Hugs!
ReplyDelete.... isn't it a beauty - it will sometimes just pop into my mind. I paint to Paul Simon - I enjoy his later works very much.
DeleteI'm really glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for telling me and all the best π
Such fun! Great thoughts and joyful art!
ReplyDeleteHi Julie, many thanks and I love that you dropped by to say so π
DeleteI love your illustration, Sue! I definitely have days like that. Happy PPF! :)
ReplyDelete... appreciate your words Serena, thank you - have a most Happy PPF π
DeleteOh yeah, sipping on a cloud. That's the life
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF
much love...
π it is Gillena!! Thank you π
DeleteThank you Sue - my Saturday started smiling! Your art work & post are hilarious! Wishing you a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteOh that's so good - I'm really glad Riitta - really nice of you to pop over to leave your comment. Cheers now π
DeleteI had a good laugh with you today Sue:D But thank goodness you're back to your sensible self...I'll check that out on your next post:) Keep on having fun my dear:)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Annie, oh gosh (ha ha), I must remember to remain sensible then!;D)
DeleteLovely to see you again π
A little whimsy is good for the soul! And sensible undergarments are just... sensible :)
ReplyDeleteIt certainly is Tracy - just the best at a lot of times. Glad you believed me about the sensible undergarments ;D) π
DeleteYour little cartoon drawing really put a smile on face. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteIt's a beaut feeling to have shared a smile Carol! Thanks for visiting - Happy PPF to you as well :D) π
DeleteI love this post! I can wind things up in my head sometimes and it's just good to go DO something! Your drawing is fun and I love the cotton! ;)
ReplyDeleteaw, thanks Laney... glad you enjoyed ... definitely, always good to do something - eating ice cream counts too ;D)
Delete... oops forgot your π :D)
DeleteYour cloud bath is wonderful. Fun inspiration and beautifully done.
ReplyDeleteThanks Annie, really appreciate your lovely commentπ
DeleteWhat a fun creation ~ well done ~ thanks,
ReplyDeleteHappy Saturday ~ ^_^
... so lovely, thanks very much Carol π
DeleteA great post and so refreshing!!! Love the video and your art is so cute. Love the clouds. Happy Saturday!!!!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Carol - so nice of you to drop by π
DeleteI loved your post! And your artwork--with its touch of whimsy--well, you made my day. How creative you are!
ReplyDeleteBeth, thank you very much... I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was lovely of you to visit π
DeleteGreat words from Simon and Garfunkel. I'm glad you took their advice. I've started to slow down in my 75th year except now when I am culling and packing to move. Then I hope to really slow down.
ReplyDeleteHello Diane, thanks very much ... and I appreciate you taking the time to visit during this very busy period in your life.
DeleteAll the best for your move and all that it entails.
Your destination is a beautiful one and I'm sure you and Bill will be so happy there. Hugs xx π
Hello Nora, thanks so much for your kind words.
ReplyDeleteI love that part of blogging too - the empathy that can be shared with bloggers nearby, in our own countries, or all over the world in fact :D)
Cheerio for now π
Never heard that expression, carrying on like a pork chop ... I wonder what it means!
ReplyDeleteHi Jenny, not sure either ... but it's one of those expressions that just seemed to pop in my head... often can't explain what's in there as well lol! Cheers π
DeleteSue you are so funny! "Pork Chop"...I love it. I think I have been carrying on like a pork chop too. I put some music on and decided to drink coffee and read blogs, lol! I LOVE yourself as your fantasy person. I think we all have those. Have a great week and thank you for the wonderful comment you left for me. Big Hugz, Rasz
ReplyDeleteha ha, yep, there's times in life when going over to the coffee side really works aren't there. You'll be fine ... it's the preparations isn't it.
DeleteGlad you liked Glam Sue... she does some outrageous things sometimes I daren't share ;D)
Cheers now and all the best, enjoy those goodies π
What a sweet image! I'm glad you decided to post, your writing is very fun too.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely! Thank you very much Lisa π
DeleteYour drawing shows great talent and self-humor. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Duta - and lovely to have your visit π
DeleteThis is so fun! Good for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Jenn - cheers now π
Deletelol, I don´t think it is bubble bath. You are among clouds. Love that feeling. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteYes, that's right - up in the clouds... just floating - you got it! Cheers π
DeleteGreat fantasy painting, lying on a cloud without a care.
ReplyDeleteSo many toys, so little time.
Thanks Sheila ... exactly right ;D) π
DeleteVery cute....love the song down memory lane, too! xx Karen
ReplyDelete... those oldies are always beaut aren't they π
DeleteYour drawings is so beautiful, and funny, I love it.
ReplyDeleteaw, so glad you liked it Bob - it's good to have a laugh eh! Thanks for visiting π
Deleteoh wow, so creative - and funny. I'll be back later to see some more on your pages i've missed. love your blog
ReplyDeleteaw, so glad you like it Sandy ;D) Thanks for popping in π
DeleteSo love your creativity. And the red lipstick. Just fabulous.
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased you took your own (and Simon and Garfunkel's) wise advice and s-l-o-w-e-d down. XO
I'm really glad you liked my bit of fun!
DeleteYep, am really on this slowing down kick... still am ;D)
Hope you are too Dear Friend ;D) ;D) xx