Sunday, November 27, 2016

... but first, there's peas followed by lizards

⏩ Lizard alert a bit further down this post,

but first, there's peas.... beautiful homegrown peas, straight from My Darling's first harvest:

I couldn't resist playing around with them
 before they went into a stir-fry, yummo 😋



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Following on from my previous post, Jenny Wolf asked if the blue tongue lizard's tongue is really blue, so I dug out some photos I took last year:






These were taken through our kitchen window and aren't as sharp as might be, but, there's that incredible blue tongue!

Wishing everyone lots of good times, and 
Cheerio for now :D)

18 comments:

  1. Hello Sue, the blue tongue lizard is awesome. Great photos. Thank you for visiting my blog and for the comment. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, thanks for your lovely comments and visit! :D)

      Delete
  2. oooh that is one strange looking tongue, it must be quite long!!

    the peas look pretty and nothing is better than fresh, enjoy them!! i hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is quite long, flappy and flat and, well, blue ;D)
      Our Sunday consisted of failed taps in the shower - MD woke at 2am and thought I was having a shower, but, no.... arrrgh. Anyway, off to the shops and back with new taps and all is well once more - back to a nice relaxed Sunday now.
      Hope all's good over your way too. :D)

      Delete
  3. Your peas look very plump & healthy. Nothing quite like home grown vegies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so right, the taste is lovely too - raw or cooked. Thanks for your visit :D)

      Delete
  4. You can't beat beautiful homegrown peas ... and you have displayed them very artistically!

    Now I would certainly call that a blue tongue!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan - totally MD's hard work in the vegie plot. Glad you enjoyed my little display... ha ha, can't help myself sometimes.
      Appreciate your visit :D)

      Delete
  5. Love your art style. Fun with the peas, I would be eating them raw. That sure is a blue tongue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diane, thanks very much. Yep, quite a few went down in the raw state too - back to childhood eh, when our Mums were shelling the peas over a piece of newspaper! Lovely to have your visit :D)

      Delete
  6. Good Morning Sue. MD's peas are beautiful. They are so green and plump, and, look very tasty. The blue tongued lizard is a first for me. Wow-that is really blue. I remember the large walking stick several years ago that was on your shoulder! EEK! Great to see you, have a very nice week! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Suzanne, glad you enjoyed the blue tongue lizard - we love having such close contact. Most gardens in Australia are lucky enough to have them. Oh yes, the stick insect was lovely too... ha ha, I say lovely, but I do "handle with care" !! Thanks for your visit :D) Cheers for now xx

      Delete
  7. It is so nice to see you back here my dear friend. Love the blue tongue and the artful peas. HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! Looks like he has a bit of plasticine in his mouth!
    thanks for answering my question! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jenny - yes, it's quite a mouthful!!!!

      Delete
  9. Welcome back, Sue! I've missed your wonderfully eclectic posts. :)

    I'm a big fan of your paintings and cards. The blue-tongued lizard is a close second.

    And fresh peas! I can taste them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki - thanks so much :D)
      I'm so slow to post these days but, glad to be back, got to get a'painting once more ... dragging my heels there as well!!
      Lovely of you to drop by - take care xx

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx