Friday, November 25, 2016

Back on deck....

Hello there,

Where to start?  I'm rusty !!

Been away a long time and the only way I can sum up the reasons for my absence is to quote Miranda Hart when she says "Life, eh?"  

The old brain cogs took a little while to work out how to drive this blog posting again - it does help if passwords are kept to hand, for one thing ;D)

Anyway, here we are and I hope that all is well with you out there. So, off I go ....

We're enjoying the approach of Summer... lots of sunny days but not the heat.  The grass has all just been mowed so the Blackbirds are out pecking around finding little treats for their babies:


Our resident Blue Tongue Lizard is also out and about taking in the sun - but not as actively as the Blackbirds:
She/he has become so tame that as long as we walk slowly past her she'll stay put.  I was an arm's length away for this photo today.

Painting is still one of my favourite hobbies and I'll include a few of my efforts.  I enjoy painting cards for the family - in fact, I thoroughly enjoy it. It's nice to add that personal touch.





and finally, the painting I'd started  (see this post) before I abandoned my poor blog:



Cheerio for now and thanks for your visit :D) 



16 comments:

  1. Hello Sue
    Nice to see you back- looking forward to hearing all about your life and travels since you last were here
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Cathy, thank you... it's lovely to be back. Taking a little break can very quickly turn into a long one and it's then a bit hard to get back!!
      See you over at yours :D)

      Delete
  2. oh sue, i have missed you and your cheerio endings!! but with that said, i know that when you are gone, you are busy having fun!!!

    it sounds like all is well, your art is looking especially beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you pop up there Debbie - I was a bit naughty and ill-mannered not to put a little post as to my absent but it kind of just didn't happen. So very glad to be back "in the swing" so to speak.
      Thanks re my art too - I really love it and it's a keeper!!
      Cheerio for now ;D) :D)

      Delete
  3. What a pleasant surprise, Susan! I just recently started blogging again after almost 2 years. And, I have missed it terribly. Your paintings are just beautiful, love the cards. I'm so glad to see you, and hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, likewise Suzanne - you've had a long break ... yes, it's good to be able to pick up and carry on once more isn't it.
      Doing just fine thanks, hope you're the same. I shall hop over to yours very soon. Thanks for your kind words re my paintings - they're so relaxing to do!
      Bye for the moment :D)

      Delete
  4. What I am wondering is whether that lizard really does have a blue tongue. So often when creatures have names like that it means they have a disappointing grey tongue ! :)
    Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you Jenny - hi!!
      Yes, they really do have a blue tongue - in fact you've inspired me to dig out some pics I took of "ours" (if one can truly lay claim to owning one ha ha) last year... the next post is for you! :D)

      Delete
  5. dear susan, nice to see you pop by in the nick of time. :) yes, i'm leaving blogland, at least for a while. i'm glad you're still painting. blessings to you, always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah hello dear T... lovely to see you too and I'm glad I caught you. Thanks very much for your kind words. Enjoy your break, 6 1/2 years is a long time and you've given everyone so much pleasure - my warmest good wishes :D)

      Delete
    2. i am sooooooo happy theresa saw this post. i knew how much she would enjoy hearing from you!!!

      Delete
  6. I do like your art ... especially the pink in your last painting.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been missed. LOVE your paintings. HUGS HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw. thank you B, always lovely to catch up like this. Hugs too :D) xx

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx