| You can see how painting has taken over my life... this is my side of the table!!! |
He looks across to the kitchen area and points, saying - "there, paint that ... a still life".
So I did.
It was quick (but that's the best kind ... no time to fiddle) and by the time he'd pottered in the kitchen for a bit and had his shower I had it on his side of the table for show and tell.
Good fun indeed, and more practice. Thanks my darling!!
11.00 am ... preparing a post for my blog.
Cheers everyone, have a great week :D)
You did that in an hour?? Just wow!
ReplyDeleteHi Vicki, yep I did... I'd read that a good exercise is to just get stuck in and don't fiddle - I surprised myself in the time too.
DeleteHa ha, don't look too closely as I'd forgotten to rub out my pencil sketch marks ... oops, only just realised, but that's ok and is easily fixed.
Thanks very much for your 'wow' :D) xx
That would make a super design for a card - we all have friends who love to cook. xx
ReplyDeleteI agree, Lin. I also thought it'd make a great painting for a kitchen wall. :)
DeleteThanks for your beaut words of encouragement too Lin, I shall work on that idea... much appreciated :D)
DeleteI like your idea too Vicki - it'll be easily doable as well. A good project for tomorrow. Thanks for popping in and for your lovely support. Cheers now :D)
Deletevery cute - teamwork! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks T, it keeps me out of trouble at the very least ;D)
DeleteHello Susan!!
ReplyDeleteWow!!What a lovely idea!!!
Love your painting!It would look so preety in your kitchen!!
Great work indeed!!Have a happy May dear!!
Dimi...
Hi Dimi, thanks for your lovely visit - glad you liked it :D)
DeleteSounds like - strike when the iron is hot! Get in and get em quick !
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should do one a day for a week, then market them. Hall'mark better watch out lol
Cathy
Ha ha, hi Cathy, it's good fun all right, thanks for your comment :D)
DeleteWow- that's talent..I'm sure if I tried that it would be a lame rectangle with sticks. LOL! I'm definitely not artistic..and I think that 's why I love photography so much. Have a blessed day!
ReplyDeleteHi Terri, well, you're very kind - and it was years before I'd even try... when I read what you said about a rectangle with sticks... that painting "Blue Poles" came into my mind - made that man millions didn't it!!! Sticks ... nothing wrong with sticks eh !!
DeleteI love my photography too and I use mine to background some of my drawings - the prop up each other ;D) Cheers now !!
Well, you're having fun together ...that's the main thing..... hahahaha..... mine gives me pointers on stitching and whatnot...and, .....I do actually seek out his advice on measurements and tricks to get things square and the like....so ... sometimes they can be very helpful....
ReplyDeleteYep definitely Vee, someone's got to be the logical one, who can deal with measuring, perspectives etc while our minds are up in the clouds eh :D) Makes for a good team and TexWisGirl said !!
DeleteLovely to have you visit.
Keep on making your darling Dotees - they're gorgeous !!
Your darling had the right answer! I like this kind of support. And your painting is beautiful - I can imagine how the "real" thing looks like.
ReplyDeleteHe did indeed Carola... thank you for your lovely comment too :D)
DeleteHello Dearest Susan; Oh My! Great art work by the help of your husband♡♡♡ I LOVED the heartwarming cheerful color and I need the sweet designed thing to put these kitchen staff p:-)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry I haven't realized you posts; WelcomeBack Dear friend(^_^)v
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*
Hello Miyako, thank you very much, I glad you liked my attempt at painting the utensil holder. It sits right by my cooking stovetop.
DeleteIt's lovely of you to visit and, I take lots of little breaks away from my blog because I spend a lot of time painting nowadays and don't go on the internet very much when I'm doing that.
Thank you for your lovely comments as always, Cheerio for now :D)
Oooooh, how fun to see "your side of the table"....colorful and feeling so creative!! That was one, well spent hour!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Debbie, it's even messier this week... but I've painted every more, so it's worth it!!
DeleteThat is lovely Susan. Your blog is always so cheerful and colourful. I appreciate the nice comments you have left on my blog. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Jenny, I love having my blog - even if I'm a bit haphazard at updating it ;D)
Deletebeautiful susan!! you are so good! i love your paintings and drawings. sometimes the best art is something we just do on the spur of the moment. no time thinking & preparing. it's nice to have someone by your side who encourages & supports. keep it up!! keep doing what you love! *cheers*
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks so much Laura. Yes, spot on, that's how I like best to paint - no pre planning, it kind of stifles my first thoughts. Also, yes, it's definitely lovely to be encouraged and supported like that - even when I produce a mess!! It's all good.
DeleteI also appreciate everyones' lovely comments here :D)
What fun indeed! Looks good too.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Diane - really appreciated :D)
DeleteI love your still life - and your side of the table - looks like my side of the bed ....
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandy... ha ha, it's nice to have our little creative spots isn't it ;D)
DeleteHello Susan, I love your still life painting, it looks so cute. Have a happy day and week ahead!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Eileen - and you enjoy your days too. Appreciate your visit :D)
DeleteI popped over from your sidebar. This is great! You have a lively-full of life talent! Even with still art, you just up and do it! And, you love doing it! What fun! Have a great week, Sue. See you again, soon! ♥
ReplyDeleteAww now thanks for taking that trip back in time Suzanne! How lovely :D)
DeleteI love your enthusiastic words, many thanks... I turn out some crook stuff at times ha ha but then I turn them over and paint over or on the back. I used to worry about "not getting it right" ... oh goodness, I wasted so many years feeling I had to do art a certain way.
The way I do it is my way - the purists would cringe but my goodness I get such a happy feeling whatever the results. bye bye for now .... (gotta go back to 2017 now - wherever did those years go ;D))