Thursday, March 27, 2014

A bit soggy

Pity the one who has to get out of the ute (truck) to open this gate - a bit of a soggy spot...


... although, it looks like they're well prepared for it.

Pics taken near Nimmitabel, New South Wales, Australia




Linking up with 


Thanks for your visit. 
 If you have time why not pop over to Theresa's blog and check out some others.

Cheers now :D)

56 comments:

  1. oh, love that rugged country! thank you so much for linking up to Good Fences! really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on the edge of beautiful granite outcrops country, so pretty. Congratulations on you taking over the hosting of the Fences meme. It's been really nice to see so many other different photos on the same subject :D)

      Delete
  2. Great idea to place the pavers for some traction! Happy Thursday Susan! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes I thought so too Nancy. Thanks for popping over. Cheers :D)

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm visiting from Good Fences; love the fence and especially the rocky pavement!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for coming over this way and I enjoyed my visit to yours :D)

      Delete
  4. What a pretty scene...soggy or not! I would love the peace and quiet there, I just know I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anni, yes there's a lot (in fact, heaps!!) to be said for peace and quiet... I totally agree :D)

      Delete
  5. A great find and very scenic, too! I would imagine someone had the unfortunate experience of getting stuck there at least once.

    Visiting from Good Fences,
    ~Lindy

    My fence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy, thanks for your comment... it certainly looks that way doesn't it :D)

      Delete
  6. First time I have seen that name since I was a little child in Australia. A character in one of my books had the name Nimmatibel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenny, it's a pretty name isn't it. Thanks for popping over :D)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful rugged country. Such vast areas to fence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a nice area, we'd stopped originally to photograph the granite outcrops - must post them as well.
      Yes, a lot of fencing needed!
      Cheers :D)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful wide open spaces. Really like the muddy tracks shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That definitely looks like a spot you could get stuck in. Glad you managed these great photos to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed to me there were a few wheel spins in that mud indeed ;D)

      Delete
  10. Looks like they already fixed that problem- beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. placement of those rocks served a couple of purposes didn't they, practical and they look good :D)

      Delete
  11. Yes I love the ruggedness of the country. I thought it was shots from the UK Moors instead of in Australia. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret, in the Winter it's a very cold and harsh climate in that particular area, so .... :D)

      Delete
  12. Looks good to me at least I don't have to push snow out of the way to open it:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, yes, can imagine how that would appeal to you at the moment B :D)
      They get a sprinkling of snow, low cloud, sleet and hail there in Winter ... and other times too. Oh and I forgot, howling winds. However, it's still beautiful country to look at :D)

      Delete
  13. Great fence, soggy or not!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fence is nice, but the area around it even better! Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Karen... yes, the area is very nice indeed :D)

      Delete
  15. Enjoyed these Susan, two great photos for Good Fences.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful place! Love the big clumps of grass and the rolling hills. - Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, it is indeed. In the Winter, those clumps of grass provide good feed and shelter for a lot of animals :D)

      Delete
  17. A natural, beautiful spot!! Seems everyone is experiencing "mud" season!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Debbie, one that I'd been meaning to photograph for a while :D) (fortunately didn't have your experience of cranky owners)

      Delete
  18. Now that's what I'd call a remote area! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alicia, appreciate your comments, thanks :D)

      Delete
  19. Typical Oz fence and farm road. Wonder where the farm house was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, way over yonder, just down the track lol ;D)

      Delete
  20. We had some sogginess at our place. Thank goodness for the crushed granite in the driveway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgette, you have a lovely driveway and, yes, the crushed granite would do the job nicely :D)

      Delete
  21. I'll bet the rain was very welcome!!

    ❤⊱彡 Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, there's always that side of it Linda... what would we do without the rain.
      Hope you are able to get around a lot easier now :D)

      Delete
  22. Love opening gates to see what's on the other side...we have a few

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's another way of looking at it Dar. I guess you're having a bit of trouble actually seeing all your gates at the moment though aren't you... all that snow where you live :D)

      Delete
  23. That almost looks like West Texas! Are those tumbleweeds? It is annoying to get out and open, then close a gate in soggy weather. Your photos are great! Have a wonderful weekend! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, no they aren't tumbleweeds, they're what's known as tussock grass and can be seen in a lot of Australian paddocks. They serve a lot of purposes, feed for stock (although not all that high in nutritional value, they've saved the day in tough times of drought). They also give shelter to ewes when they're lambing, also to the lambs... they're so cute, they tuck themselves in to the grass against the wind. They also are a good hideaway for the smaller animals, lizards, insects etc. There's a big variety of tussock grasses, my favourite is the Kangaroo Grass, it can be quite pretty with a pink tinge on its tips.
      Yes, I was once the one who had to get out and open and close a series of gates on a property ... I always think of the "gate opener".
      Cheers now and you enjoy your weekend too :D)

      Delete
  24. What is needed is gumboots!

    Besides soggy = rain = growth = good. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, of course Vicki... the good old gummies - as kids they never left our feet!

      It's raining as I type and, yes, it's good stuff... 'cept if I have to slosh around in it ;D)

      Delete
  25. Sieht aus, als hätte es lange nicht geregnet. Bei uns ist auch alles sehr trocken.

    Liebe Grüße
    Waldameise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, here is the translation of Waldameise's comment : Looks as if it rained not long. With us, everything is also very dry.

      Greetings
      forest ant


      Thank you for visiting Waldameise, yes it was just a few wet patches remaining. There are still some very dry places in Australia, but our coastal areas are now receiving some good rain. Cheers now :D)

      Delete
  26. Replies
    1. I appreciate your visit, thank you Brian :D)

      Delete
  27. Ooo I kust have missed these. I love these shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Joan - I appreciate your comments and your visit :D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx