Hello!
I hope this finds everyone well and happy.
It's been a busy time in Susanland... visitors, joining a local painting group, gardening, loafing, and playing with the camera. You know - the important kind of stuff.
Popping in to blogland ever so briefly, to share this pic of Mumma Blackbird sitting on her nest in our backyard.
It's her secret little hideaway, beautifully constructed, and she shares its location with us. We know that she knows that we know she's there ;D)
It's exciting following her progress. Will keep you posted.
So, for now,
Cheerio for now xx
.jpg)
Love the photo of her peeping through the foliage. I am looking forward to following her progress. Glad to see you are busy with important stuff in retirement.
ReplyDeleteHi Diane, I was thrilled she let me photograph her. Retirement's a good gig eh! :D)
Deleteso cute. loved all the 'knowing' going on. :) glad you're doing fun stuff, too.
ReplyDeletelol... she was so still that, at first, I wasn't sure if she knew, but her beautiful little eyes kept watch :D)
DeleteHI Susan, so glad to read you joined an art class, and glad to hear you are enjoying it so much. I'm sure glad you posted at my blog - I've been through a big move (change of residence - we moved to the mountains)..and I haven't really been around blog world all that much. Your post was a reminder to visit you and bookmark you on my new blog "Living the Wright Way in the Woods."
ReplyDeleteHave fun painting and I hope you share what you are painting with us.
thanks Sandy, I'm like a kid again... sloshing around with paints, and it's fun! Will pop over to your new blog soon :D)
DeleteOh I love having a bird nesting nearby.....such fun being so close and watching their progress.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have been busy Susan....
Claire ;}
Hi there Claire, yes it's a real thrill and I truly love our blackbirds.
DeleteAh yes, busy... enjoying myself :D)
Hi Susan! I love the blossom on your cover photo! It's beautiful on that branch. And, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying life daily. Hope you'll be demonstrating and displaying a painting or two in the near future. And, I think mumma bird heard through the grapevine that you're the grand caretaker of expectant mummas! That's a great photo!
ReplyDeleteSo good to see you, Susan. Have a fabulous week!♥
Hi to you Susan.
DeleteThe new little blossoms are so pretty... I refer to the orchard as "ours" however, it's really all MD's doing. This year is shaping up to a bumper crop - especially the figs.... oh my goodness, am I hanging out for those figs or what!! I have first dibs on them too - only 'cos I'm bossy ;D)
Yes, am loving spying on another expectant Mumma :D)
Your backyard must be a really pleasant place to spend the afternoon where one could hear birds chirping amid the bushes, flowers and trees... Perhaps mama bird knew that she and her birdies will be safe in your lot. How'd you find them? :)
ReplyDeleteFarida, our backyard is awash with birds at the moment. It seems that the small ones are slowly making their presence felt now too... before it was just the large ones. We do enjoy being amongst such beautiful nature :D)
DeleteThe bird whisperer strikes again! Lovely
ReplyDeleteaww, thanks Deb :D)
DeleteGreat photo Susan...it's so special when birds choose 'our' trees to next in isn't it? We had a little family of noisy minors set up nest in one of our bottlebrush trees this year and it was great to see the parents flying back and forth with food for the very hungry chicks!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely Maria, it's very special and don't they work so hard for their chicks. You had a great experience :D)
DeleteThat should be 'nest' not next!
ReplyDelete:D)
Deleteoooohhhh so sweet, they sure do know where to go!! i like life in susanland. life in debbieland is very similar ;)))
ReplyDeleteI checked on her just recently - still sitting patiently.
DeleteCool, Debbie - our 'lands' can be fun that's for sure :D)
Oh, how how gorgeous. That's so special. xx
ReplyDeleteHi Vicki, oh yes I'm so thrilled that she chose our yard. Her next door neighbours are an expectant pair of Wattlebirds - we laugh at how Mumma Blackbird just ignores those annoying neighbours :D)
Delete