Monday, September 10, 2012

this one is for Claire

An Aussie bloggerfriend Claire of Sweet Birdy Love is in New York at the moment, suffering bad Vegemite withdrawal because, oh dear, she forgot to pack some.

While making brekky this morning, I thought of her.... and so, here you are Claire.... this one's for you:






... uh oh, guess who wanted to get into the act too !!



Enjoy your holiday Claire and cheers for now :D)



For any newcomers to my blog who would like to see Froggie's previous naughtiness adventures, hop on to this link: Froggie with Attitude

34 comments:

  1. we've not seen froggie for a while! :) i'd love to taste vegemite at least once. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... never know when Froggie is going to hop in ;D)
      Happy to send you some - email if you'd like me to Theresa. It's nice in soup too :D)

      Delete
  2. Oh nice to see froggie:)she makes me laugh.
    I seen a jar of that on the shelf at the grocery store here in the specialty market I wondered what it tasted like. Since it was expensive and I had no idea I passed it by. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a heck of a time cleaning all the vegemite off Froggie's mouth !!
      I cannot describe what Vegemite tastes like... ha ha, have been sitting here trying to compare it to something but, no, I can't. It's savoury and delicious on toast with butter. We all have it over here from toddler age onwards - yummy :D) Puts roses in our cheeks ;D)

      Delete
  3. I remember when one of our girls first travelled OS, she took a tube of vegemite, to 'get her fix on toast' each morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it's something you really miss when it isn't there... definitely :D)

      Delete
  4. Hello there Froggie! You are lookin' good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, Froggie's thrilled to be getting comments :D)

      Delete
  5. Hi Susan

    I have never tasted Vegemite but if you say it's good I believe you!

    Hope your friend doesn't miss it too much!

    Hi to froggie!

    Have a lovely week

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona, oh yes it's good and I'm sure you would enjoy it... some say it's an acquired taste, but that's for the unadventurous ;D)
      Froggie says Hi back (he's just loving this attention)!

      Delete
  6. I sympathise with her so much, knowing the way I feel about Marmite. And nothing shakes me from my conviction that Marmite is better than Vegemite, cause it's STRONGER! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no Jenny, Vegemite Rules - sorry, but that's the way it is in Susanland ;D) lol

      Delete
  7. Ola Susan,adorei tua visitinha,e deixo aqui um grande beijo desejando uma ótima semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ola Suze, thank you too for your visits - my week is going beautifully... I'm keeping out of trouble (just)!! Have fun with yours :D)

      Delete
  8. Oh Hoho! This is so cute! You know, we haven't seen Froggie in a while now-glad to see he is still up to his old tricks-does he have that stuff on his face? Gosh, I've never even heard of Vegemite, what in the world is it? If you say it's good I'll take your word for it. And, I'm going to check the grocery store to see if anyone has it!

    I love your blog's new look Susan. And, it looks as tho you're in good spirits. So good to see you-have a wonderful Vegemite week! LOL! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan - yes, Froggie was getting quite upset actually - he'd gone into a sulk and was hibernating all through Winter. However, once he sniffed the Vegemite on my toast, he emerged and, well, the rest is history!! Yes, that's him with it all over his face, on his toes and all - nearly took all his paint (er, skin) off when I had to scrub him clean ;D)

      Delete
  9. Yep ..... I like my vegemite too so I can sympathise. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just an inbuilt thing isn't it... the love of that black stuff ;D)

      Delete
  10. what a way to start the day!! yay, FROGGIE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, he says "YAY" back to you Laura... he's loving all the creatures in your backyard too!

      Delete
  11. Hi Susan, I haven't been here for a long time. I missed you, or you missed me, or both. haahhaaaa. I have a memory of trying some Marmite. I say let the frog have all he wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, that's cool - sometimes I'm a silent visitor to blogs... only because our satellite thingy misses the mark and the internet drops out taking my comments with it. Never mind, cyber-paths cross eventually.

      Delete
  12. Oh my that toast has my mouth watering and it's time for bed here........
    I have been enjoying my morning toast since I picked up a jar of Vegemite. Bread here is quite sweet compared to the Helgas I normally have.
    Bit like having Vegemite on cake, but no complaints I love my toast and cuppa in the morning.

    Froggy has certainly hopped into it and made a right mess, hehe........

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh Vegemite on cake --- um, nope, but then if there's no other option, a girl's gotta do eh!

      Delete
  13. Hee hee vegemite withdrawal symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Diane, fortunately all is well in Claire's world once again - she found a jar of it over there!!

      Delete
  14. well...i think I would like to taste that...
    Hugs
    BShell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Blue Shell, yes, I think you would be astounded at the taste - indeed ;D)

      Delete
  15. Very funny! What amazes me as well is the rivalry between the Brits and the Aussies about Vegemite or Marmite...for us foreigners they taste he same! i am sure i make you jump hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol,, yes, it is funny .. but, nooooo, they don't taste the same Dee Bee - Marmite is blah :D)

      Delete
  16. i don't know what vegemite is?? am i missing something wonderful?? fun to see froggie again!!

    love that new header photo, it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, how to describe Vegemite... well, it's a yeast extract spread which tastes salty. It's something that we all grew up with... every Aussie kid was given Vegemite on toast for breakfast, vegemite and cheese in school sandwiches!
      It seems that you needed to have grown up with the taste because visitors to Australia recoil in horror at the taste, however, the trick is to put just a smidgeon of a smear of it on something - too much and even we don't like it! Cheers :D)

      Delete
  17. Vegemite toast! Yum. But methinks you have to be brought up on it to appreciate it. I won't repeat what non-Aussies have said or rather spat out on tasting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... I can imagine some of the descriptions ;D)

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx