Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Darn, if it isn't another Wattlebird!!

Not my fault...  another darn Wattlebird ingratiated her way into my camera view.




Yes, they're a bossy and pompous bird,




they make the silliest sounds at times,




but the poses they put out there




all to get a bit of nectar




always intrigue me and, so, I continue to click!


29 comments:

  1. Love it. Great that we have the wildlife to keep us entertained, isn't it? :)

    And I adore your new banner image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki!
      I too love the way the grevillea looks... am a real fan of them and their beautiful tendrils :D)

      Delete
  2. They are so much easier to photograph then the little birds so I do them more than they deserve, but enjoy their photos nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, they're definitely camera-hogs ;D)

      Delete
  3. Great series of shots. I haven't seen them around here, but then I'm hopeless at bird ID.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, oh, you'd know if you had Wattlebirds there... they're not shy at all!

      Delete
  4. so cute! you made me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always beaut to have you visit and share a laugh Theresa :D)

      Delete
  5. Oh, how cute! I would click about myself! Great shots!!!


    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that bird, such good photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's plenty around here too, Susan. They tend to 'bark' when giving orders. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sue, 'bark' is a good description :D)

      Delete
  8. Oh they are so cute I can see why you keep snapping. Awesome shots. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks B... they're real performers all right :D)

      Delete
  9. Lovely bird and such a lovely bush too. Blogging is such a fun thing when you can go all over the world to see these different kinds of feathered friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly so Denise, I thoroughly enjoy how we can do that :D)

      Delete
  10. you can never have too many, you know!! they are so cute and quite the little acrobats! i like the wee bird as much as the flowers....you know me!

    LOVE the new header, that's a super special one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! absolutely Debbie... I totally agree ;D)
      Thanks too re the header, we love looking out at those grevillias - so pretty :D)

      Delete
  11. That bird must be having so much fun, knowing you'd blog about her :D

    But it was a very lovely shot, Ms Susan! It is amazing how you were able to capture the bird in various angles up close! Happy weekend, Farida :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I reckon the Wattlebirds thrive on their notoriety ;D)

      Delete
  12. CUTE!!
    is that a bottle-brush tree? i wouldn't mind one of them in my yard...too bad a Wattlebird wouldn't come with it!!

    love your header picture susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Laura, it is a bottlebrush - our neighbour's one in fact. We get little seedlings of it coming up in our yard and I lift and grow them in other sections of our place. I love the red of it!

      Delete
  13. I love your Grevillea-and the dewdrops are fabulous! You sure have some exotic plants and trees Susan. Haha-a feisty bird too! Posing just for you. Great photos Susan. Hope you are doing well! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I was thrilled how that photo turned out. Great to have you pop over here too :D)

      Delete
  14. Great shots Susan! This bird seems to enjoy the attention as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DeeBee - always enjoy your visits :D)

      Delete
  15. Love birds with personalities, we have them visit our yard occasionally........

    Beautiful header pic Susan, just love the soft colours of the Grevillea.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx