Friday, September 23, 2011

Curious Cows

We were out for a drive and I saw some cows.
MD knows the signs (of my twitchy camera fingers) by now, so he pulled up.


I remembered back when I had my cows, that a little gentle call of "come on, come on" would always bring them over.

It worked for #23



#33 got a bit spooked ...



... at first, but then she just couldn't resist 



#27 stopped chewing long enough to come and give me the once-over



and Jess was downright friendly



All the rest of them had a bit of a discussion and decided it'd be safe enough to meander over and get their photos taken too.

But, by that time, I saw signs of movement over at the farmhouse and, as I was practically trespassing, and had disturbed the whole mob, thought it was best to get going. 
Good fun!

Here's a link to a previous post about my favourite cow I had years ago

20 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! They show so much personality in each of the cows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the bokeh goin' on for their portraits! They might want them hanging on the walls of the barn. They are very pretty ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos
    but what really impresses me
    is that fantastic blue sky!

    Lucky you.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are just so cute....i did the exact same thing 2 days ago with cows!!

    i don't even have to tell chuck anymore, he just looks over at me and then spins the car around!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Susan I really enjoyed spending time with you and your new friends. B

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! And yes the sky is gorgeous-looks like it was a lovely day.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those photos are simply wonderful! I just love the personality cows have. And their beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a card, Susan! I'm sure the farmer wouldn't have minded a delightful lady like you trespassing and making friends with each of his cows. Your pictures are MARVELLOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute and funny pictures...they enjoyed you as much as you enjoyed them. It proves-cows have personality too! Love these photos. You can see them all looking your way! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "flying" cow! :))
    They are such a good topic for photos with their black and white coat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't we lucky to have such patient and understanding drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love cows, thay are such courious creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jill , too right - that's what I love about cows.
    Mary , lol, I got that impression... none of them wanted to be left out!
    Raindrops , I'm always fascinated by the sky - yes, it is gorgeous in its blueness :D)
    Debbie , lol, our men are our photographic enablers (love em don't we).
    Buttons , that's good! I love your Bossy cow eating the apples too :D)
    Calling Ravens , :D) the day was perfect!
    Lea , oh yes, those cow eyes - the eyelashes get me too :D)
    Desiree , lol, I appreciate what you're saying but... um... I sort of caused a stampede of a lot of them - there were more coming up from the back of that paddock. I think I'm getting addicted to trespassing - blame Debbie from It's All About Purple (4th comment down) - she started it ;D)
    Susan , had loads of fun photographing them. Oh, it brought back memories of my cows :D)
    DeeBee , I agree - that 'flying cow' photo I liked a lot. There's a paddock we pass with black & white cows - there's a certain photo angle I'm aiming for.
    Joan Elizabeth, absolutely!! - they just know don't they :D) Our fun is their fun :D)
    Angela , yep, I was amazed how they twigged, because I kept my voice really soft... I used to experiment with my own cows - their hearing is so good. Or perhaps they saw me and knew I'd have a treat. Either way, they're so lovable aren't they.

    ~ Thanks for sharing some cow love ~ Have a great weekend everyone

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I loved your cow pictures and the descriptions. Thankyou :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You caught them just perfectly. Was a dairy near?

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sue Irene, :D)... you're welcome! Great to have you join the blog too.
    Linda, thank you :D) Yes, a dairy was close by. I was a bit naughty stirring them all up like that. Didn't quite realise that cow-word would spread and they'd ALL come running, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. #27 so much, kindled a memory of one of my hobby farm friends of long ago. Her name was Clarabelle. Thanks for the sweet recall. I adore the cow eyes.
    BlessYourWanderingHearts

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful series capture, Susan. Love the "spooked" action shot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Dar, so nice that this post has evoked such lovely memories for you. Love the name Clarabelle. Oh yes, those cow eyes just get you don't they!
    Welcome back Vicki, hope you had a wonderful holiday. Glad you enjoyed these shots. I had fun getting them ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your cow pictures!! they have the biggest...cutest faces!!
    when i lived farther south...the people across the street had LOTS of cows...they also had a field up the road, and sometimes they'd walk their herd up the road so they could eat the fresh field...and let the other grow back! and sometimes the cows would get out of their pasture...and i'd wake up to MOO'S and cows eating my plants...haha!!

    anyway...thanks for the great moomoo shots and for bringing back my own memories...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx