Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bits of this n thats... really random - all over the place!

I want to post, but just can't make up my mind what I should post about!
(here's a cabbage)


Lately, I can't seem to focus on one thing at a time. Keep finding half-done things around the house.
(here's some more cabbages)



Reckon it's because I'm getting all excited about our trip. 
(here's a whole garden bed full of cabbages)

I'd been admiring those ornamental cabbages for a while now, each time we went into town for our shopping. A few have started to go to seed, but I feel that makes them even more attractive.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~
  
MD cooked up a treat brekky the other morning - bacon and eggs. Yum, a once-in-a-while treat which we devour with gusto.
It occurred to me that we're both very different in how we go about eating this special treat .....
MD's way, all nice and neat

My way... all chopped up, splathered with Lancashire Relish

... all good either way.
Especially good when followed by a cup of his excellent coffee.

Needless to say, there's no thread or theme for this post.  It's sort of a Lucky Dip type of thing.  Fun though, who knows what will pop up next!

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~


I recently made a terrarium out of the goldfish tank, it sits outside on our verandah.  The photograph has picked up the reflection of the verandah flooring and created a nice effect I thought.  The plants are thriving in there.  I keep the glass lids on, so no constant watering required.


Oh yes, see the plant in the black pot in the terrarium photo above? Well, following are some closeup shots I took.  It's a funny shaped little flower isn't it. 




~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

A little peek over the fence at our elderly neighbour's most beautiful tree of blossoms.  


~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

Last night, while we were outside changing the gas bottles, this is the sight that greeted us under torchlight! Party time for snails and slugs...


~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~


I got a bit curious the other day, when this helicopter was circling and hovering over our little valley.  So I zoomed in for a better look.   What a job eh - hanging out the door. Bet his Mum makes sure he wears his singlet to work!
(They were checking powerlines).


Oh, that reminded me of another 'blue sky' pic I took a while back. The Hop Bush down in our backyard




and another pretty... the Woolly Bush



... just one more!



Thanks for dropping by. 
I'm off to catch up on my blog visiting now, cheerio!



26 comments:

  1. i liked your randomocity. :)

    and i like that odd little bloom in the terrarium. it actually looks like a goldfish in the fish tank. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a scrumptious post Susan. I really admire your Kale. I've raised it myself and it gets so big-such pretty colors.

    Your terrarium is really nice and I like the odd plant, don't recognize it. You get the best closeups of plants ever!

    And how else to close, but with breakfast (both versions would work for me), and a cup of hot coffee.

    When will you be leaving for your trip? I'll bet you're getting pretty anxious. But packing and all can be nerve wracking. Talk to you soon! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! I simply loved looking at the photos and read on all your things you are getting up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh You have me so excited about your trip I can hardly stand it. I can hardly imagine what things are going through your mind.
    It is 12:30 am here and I am reading blogs my mind is all over the place these days too.
    Take care nice shots. Happy planning. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mind is all over the place here in Michigan as well...I keep writing lists of things to get done..and NOTHING is getting done but more list making..sigh
    ~~Peace & Love & Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great post Susan...wonderful photos as per usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quirky posts, Susan and almost choked on my mouthful of coffee when I read "Here's a cabbage" followed by a few more cabbages! You are SO FUNNY! Brekkie looked yummy...I'm of the MD ilk...eat mine all neatly! Where are you off to??? Have I missed something???

    Your neighbour's tree is gorgeous and the pictures you took of your beautiful blue skies and pretty flowering shrubs, lovely! Your terrarium is wonderful, Susan! Texwisgirl's comment about the orange flower resembling a goldfish is so apt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess I'm pretty dumb, hey? Your travel books next to the coffee cups were obviously meant to point us to where you're headed! Wow! What an exciting adventure it's going to be! Can't wait to hear all about your experiences and to see LOTS of pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. second last picture is extraordinary. I have never seen anything like that plant ever before. Nice!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so enjoyed all of your this and that. :) Your photos are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TexWisGirl, I reckon you hit it spot on - the shape of the plant was definitely reminding me of something!!
    Susan, love your new profile pic :D) I was knocked out at how pretty those cabbages/kale are... nearly too good to eat ;D) We're leaving early November, but will be doing a 'Farewell Tour' of family in a week's time, so will be away from blog more and more soon.
    Lea, thank you, glad you enjoy it :D)
    Buttons, we've been having a ball planning... well, MD has been doing the major lot of planning - I shuffle papers and look like I'm doing stuff too ;D). The anticipation is fun too :D)
    Blessings, lol, I'm with you - lists are definitely the way to go. Then lists of lists ;D)
    Maria, thank you kindly!
    DeeBee, just love a good cabbage ;D)
    Desiree, steady on over there... no choking allowed, ha ha ;D) I'd, just briefly, mentioned at the end of my "Nyerimilang Park" post, that we were going on a SE Asia trip. We'll be away for 3 months. It's a self-organised one, to be done at our own pace. Hopefully, we'll be able to get to some remote places in the North... will see how it goes. We'll be travelling light, buy things as we need them mostly. Excitement building!!!!
    Deb, thank you - it's a funny little shape isn't it. You know, it's been flowering away in my little 'rainforest' area for a few years now. I liked the bright colour but had never actually got down and studied it properly. Got a surprise when I did :D)
    Jill, many thanks and most appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. living up to your blog name, "this and that" wonderful, fun post!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, yummm! What is the stuff you slathered on. Do you have a recipe for it?

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed the random shots for the day ... and those snails and slugs are partying down ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic photos.

    Love the breakfast shots - yum!

    Love the cabbage pics
    and your coffee photos make me want to make a cup!

    Have a great weekend


    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three whole months of freedom and taking whichever road beckons? What absolute bliss! This is something I would LOVE to be able to do...that not being at all possible now we have six dogs to take care of...I'll be living your adventure vicariously through your blog! So, keep that camera fired up and that notebook ever handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. there are some nice pictures here. I wonder if the plant eats flies or traps insects. That little tunnel might look inviting from an insect's point of view! :)

    The coffee, as always looks great, makes me want one but it's too late at night.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL All over the place? Are you sure your brain hasn't gone on ahead of you? :)

    Have a wonderful, wonderful trip, Susan. Safe travels…

    ReplyDelete
  19. so i am wondering, how are those eges cooked?? they look so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbie, thankyou :D). The eggs are poached (my favourite way).
    Linda, hi. It's a bought product... Lancashire Relish, which is labelled as "A milder fruity Worcestershire Sauce" and is made in Australia ("Cornwell's" brand, for anyone in Aussie who may not have tried it). I also splosh it in casseroles and curries :D) The ingredients are vinegar,cane sugar,apples,dates,brown sugar,golden syrup, spices,tamarind,anchovies and the usual(evil)numbers ;D) good stuff...in moderation
    Missing Moments, hi and a bloggie welcome to you! Lol, I was amazed at all the nightlife - think they disappear under all the pots during the day :D)
    Raindrops, thank you Fiona, good wishes to you too, over in your lovely spot in the world :D)
    Desiree, yes, the freedom is the main thing with us. If we come across a little spot that we'd love to hold up in for a while we can. Conversely, if we feel the need to move on quickly, then we can do that too. Our Son keeps reminding us to get our walking legs in shape... we're working on that too ;D) The camera will be a permanent fixture to my hand!!
    Jenny, yes, something akin to the 'pitcher plant' - that makes sense.
    Vicki, oh yes, definitely so! I dithered about the post so much. Am all a-twitter ;D)

    ~ Thanks for all your great comments... always a treat to see them pop up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. okay....that was funny Susan ... here's a cabbage....hahhahhah.... make me laugh right out loud you do....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely Post Susan.:-)

    Love your Neighbours Tree.
    And my Brekky would look like yours...all chopped up and YUM!. lol
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. susan! LOVE all the random photos!! i'm hungry now...and in need of another cup of coffee...
    that gorgeous neighbor tree looks like the RedBud tree???!!!!
    what beautiful cabbage!!
    that flower in your terrarium looks like it has its mouth open...waiting for a drip of water?!!
    terrariums are really cool...i used to make them out of big old jars...i have a few empty fish tanks around...you just gave me an idea....(like i need another project!)
    i know what you mean about not being able to decide...that happens to me all the time...sometimes i have so many different things running through my mind, that i want to write about...i wish i had the time to just do a quickie short one each day...or every other day...but randomness is good!! :)
    uh...what else....OH, very cool WOOLY and HOP bushes!!

    ((as usual i'm way...far behind...in my reading...))

    loved this post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi BumbleVee, glad you had a laugh Vee... I was feeling quite cabbage-headed at the time!!
    Vi, Hi... thank you! Brekky eggs taste soooo much better all chopped up don't they ;D)
    Laura, thanks for popping over... hope you make up the terrarium, they're fun - lots of things are appearing in it now, and I hadn't planted them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Susan, I received your email and blog comment..thank you for your kind words...I have not truely left the blog world cause of nice-like-minded people as yourself..
    Thanks Again
    ~~Peace & Love & Healing & Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx