Friday, April 29, 2011

My Virtual Bookshelf ~ Vicki Tyley


Thin Blood  (Vicki Tyley) A stockbroker's wife disappears. Blood on his hands and an adulterous affair with the missing woman's younger sister sees him charged with murder. 
A thoroughly enjoyable read. Believable characters who each contributed to the storyline. A descriptive style that gets straight to the point without superfluous words. The description of Melbourne is spot on! An exciting build to a surprising end. Can't wait to get my teeth into another of Vicki's Books. My Rating: Get the housework done first next time, because I couldn't put this down until finished! 
(Now released as an audio book)





Brittle Shadows (Vicki Tyley) When Tanya Clark is confronted with her fiance's naked corpse hanging from a wardrobe rail, her life is torn apart.
I was enthralled. An absolutely great read. Vicki's characters are so real, with human failings that we can all relate to. In addition to her delicious and exciting mystery writing, is the added element of a nice touch of romance. Another triumph! My Rating: Knocked my socks off - it's soooo readable




Sleight Malice  (Vicki Tyley) One cold Melbourne winter's night a suburban bungalow goes up in flames. A badly charred body is discovered in the flames. 
Vicki’s story telling skills are such that I instantly feel I know her main characters very well. No turning back to the first few chapters to check on details. In this story, Desley is a loyal, trusting soul who is confronted with confounding deceptions, and reacts in a very human way. She has a quirky side too … who would’ve thought of preparing a Vegemite snack the way she does! Desley is surrounded by a gamut of strong characters all with their own agenda and seemingly plausible reasons for their actions. A well thought out, entertaining story. I also appreciate the research Vicki's stories contain, in addition to the excellent editing. After reading this story, Thin Blood and Brittle Shadows, I will have no need to check out a preview of your future books... I know I’m assured of a quality read, thank you Vicki for that luxury. My Rating: Couldn't press 'next page' button quick enough!! 

6 comments:

  1. Susan, I've not heard of this author-don't get to read much anymore. But these books sound really good. I would like to read "Thin Blood" especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~ Susan, I can definitely recommend Vicki's books. You won't be disappointed. The thing that first attracted me to her writing is that she doesn't feel the need to spoon feed her readers. She has a "less is more" approach. Excellent editing too, which is always a plus, and Vicki's endings never fail to thrill... once you start, you have to keep going!!

    I recently read that "Thin Blood" is currently Vicki's best seller :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! Thanks, Susan. Love your ratings. :)

    If the other Susan isn't into ebooks or audio books, I did set up trade paperbacks via Lulu for my beta readers. Printed and shipped in Melbourne: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/thin-blood/13046577 The $10.04 price is cost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction: Printed and posted in Melbourne if ordered in Australia; otherwise, printed and posted from the US.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~ You're most welcome Vicki!
    That's a good point.. not everyone's into ebooks or audio.
    It amazes me the low cost for paperbacks too - I'll definitely pass that info on :D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~ This comment had been deleted during Blogger's recent problems. It is in my email which won't re-publish, so I've copied it:"

    ~ Vicki Tyley "Wahoo! Thanks, Susan. Love your ratings. :)

    If the other Susan isn't into ebooks or audio books, I did set up trade paperbacks via Lulu for my beta readers. Printed and shipped in Melbourne: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/thin-blood/13046577 The $10.04 price is cost.

    Correction: Printed and posted in Melbourne if ordered in Australia; otherwise, printed and posted from the US."

    ~ You're welcome Vicki :D) and thanks for info re paperbacks ... sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx