Thursday, February 17, 2011

Correa Communities [warning contains images that might bite, sting or scare!]

This is a really hardy type of Correa - don't know its name, a tiny
cutting was given to me by a Lady who owned a Nursery in which we were
only browsing.  "Here, pop this in the ground - you won't regret it" she said.
I did and I don't!




MD's bees thoroughly enjoy the Correas too.
For those who haven't seen the previous Bee posts, this is
Guillelmina,  just one of the thousands of MD's 
hardworking Italian bees.
(Yes, they all have names. They work so hard and give so
much.... how could we let them remain nameless!)
Here is a link to other bee posts in this blog.


Two bags full.

I keep a respectful distance from spiders, but am continually in awe
of their beautiful creations!

16 comments:

  1. What a delightful post! I'm so impressed you can recognise and name your bees!

    And, you know what they say...a plant given away, with love and a generous heart, will always do well, no matter where it's planted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, this is such a lovely post. It feels as if Spring is here.
    I wish bees were already out in England but it is still too cold. We have had a few foolhardy but sleepy ones that made an attempt at flying...DeeBee

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, Susan, you get the most incredible shots! well done & as always, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~ Thank you Desiree! We just love our bees - their hive is groaning with honey atm. Can smell it when I walk past. Think another harvest is on the cards very soon.
    That saying is lovely. I've struck many other plants from the original one and I always think of her generosity.

    ~ Hi DeeBee, that's nice, I'm glad the photos brought some cheer!
    They were brave bees - ours don't venture out until it's at least 10 deg Celsius. Hope it warms up for you soon :)

    ~ Thank you kindly Dmarie, it was a very busy garden yesterday - couldn't get some butterflies to keep still long enough, but was very happy with what shots I could take ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan I absolutely LOVE these great pics. Useful information also. B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gorgeous little bee. Beautiful shot with the two honey bags, you could almost forget that they can be cantankerous and sting.
    Maa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~ Hi there Buttons, thank you ... glad you enjoyed them. Also, thank you for joining my blog :D

    ~ Thanks Maa, their little bags get enormous and still they keep filling them up... such busy bees :)
    By Susan on Correa Communities [warn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Susan I am so happy you are enjoying Our Journey. B

    ReplyDelete
  9. ~ Buttons, the story of how you both started out on your farm is just awe inspiring.

    I read one chapter every evening and have no hesitation in encouraging others to do the same. Here's a link to Buttons' blog which started me off following her journey:

    http://ravenhush.blogspot.com/2011/02/our-journey-survival-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots of the bee and the spider. It is so hard to get the camera to focus on the spider and not the backgruond unless doing it manually. The little plant is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Diane.
    Oh, you're sooooo right about it being hard to focus. I took about 20 shots and each one had a little blur (spider) and a beautiful background. I kept experimenting though with the zoom etc, as per MD's encouragement and was delighted to get one at last!

    I do understand, now, how a manual focus would make it so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to look the plant up! Australia has so many interesting plants to me. How many times have I wished for some warmer weather to grow things. And I like spider webs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful plant!!

    Australia seems to have such a variety of LIFE...plants and critter/creatures! i love them all!

    i'm sure your bees are in heaven!! with full tummies! :]

    and spiders! yeah!! love looking at them too!
    thanks for a terrific post...as always!

    OH...and yeah, the nice thing about digital cameras...you can snap away...and keep taking them til you get just what you want! so much less expensive than the old way...developing a roll and getting just a couple of passable ones! ha!

    have a great day! :laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. ~ Mary, hello! Thankyou and, yes, we love our Aussie plants - their soil requirements are minimal too, which suits us down to the ground - um, pun just happened then! ;-)
    We're getting a few spider webs inside the house lately, so they have to come down. I try to leave the ones outside alone though, they put so much work into them don't they.

    ~ Hi Laura, thankyou, and you're welcome... glad you enjoyed the post.
    Our bees are so mellow at the moment, I currently haven't been getting any warning fly-bys either.
    Couldn't agree more about digital cameras. I would dither for ages before snapping on the old style cameras (always thinking of the developing costs). The freedom we have with digitals is delightful!!

    ~ Thanks for visiting everyone :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Susan, I haven't visited for a while. I have not seen this flower before so a delight to see along with the spiders and bees.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ~ Joan Elizabeth, there's so many varieties of Correa - I loved how this one's hairiness showed up in the pics! Thank you for your comment, glad you enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx