Hi there Diane. Oh yes, thank you I shall. The material is ready for her clothes - so will get on with it :D
Hello Stephanie, thank you. There's such a wealth of info online for doll's patterns... it's fun searching them out isn't it, oh decisions, decisions!
Mary, that's a beautiful idea for your niece - a handmade gift always has that extra something! If I may be so bold as to say (in a kindly way), it'd be a nice change of pace from your busy (and very interesting) job :D
Susan, your doll is beautiful! Certainly some inspiration for me there! I discovered a Melbourne-based company selling doll kits at a textile fair here in Brisbane last year. They were knitted dolls and also felt ones but you had to buy the whole kit which was quite expensive. This year they were selling the pattern books separately so I bought the doll patterns and the clothes patterns' book. AK designs I think they are and they look similar to Japanese style dolls. Thank you for sharing your lovely doll!
Hi Maria and thanks for your comments too :) The cost of taking up a hobby can certainly get a bit expensive, yes, especially kits. I found that out when I first started making my bears. I couldn't even bear! to buy the nice fur, so practised on all sorts of materials.
I just did a search on AK and the following website seems to be them www.aktraditions.com (in case other dollmakers might be reading this). Their felt and knitted dolls are so cute, I'll keep them in mind, thanks for that Maria.
The magazine I found my doll in is called Australian Dolls Bears and Collectables. My Mum gets me a bundle every now and then from her Op Shop - they're out of date but only about 50cents from the Oppies! Full patterns and easy to follow instructions (which I like).
Have fun in your dollmaking Maria. I'll stop by your blog every now and then to see what you're getting up to in your retirement. Cheerio :D
I'm proud to say I made two crocheted finger puppets for my little neice! I will post a pic on my blog...its nothing fancy but it was made with love...
And yes you are right I am busy working, but I do like my work. When I get my Xmas hats finished I will start on the doll. I know nothing so I will be back to visit you! Thanks so much for your input.
Aw that's real nice Mary. Bet she loves them too, fancy or not just doesn't factor with children does it :) Admire you crocheting... something I could never get the hang of. Happy to help when you start dollmaking - am totally self taught and never quite stick to patterns (bit like when I'm cooking), but you'd be most welcome. Am off to see your pic of them now. Cheerio :D
Hello Susan, My closest neighbour Looks exactly like your doll. She has that pocelain skin and identical hair. Same colour and curls. Her name is Penelope if your thinking of a name for her. Maa.
Hi Laura, thanks for your comments. Most definitely, I'm all revved up to finish her now - bringing her out like this has recharged my crafty(ing) batteries :)
Hello Maa, Actually I've been dithering about a name - so appreciate your suggestion. Penelope the wild bush girl she is!!
I've loved all the feedback from everyone, also Rhonda Jean who inspired this Friday's type of post. So, a big Thank You from me, and, I'm sure, from Penelope as well, who will be glad to finally get dressed ;-) Cheers :D
Thanks BumbleVee, this is my first doll - I've made bears mostly, but have been real pleased with Penelope so far... especially with all the encouragement I've received from everyone :)
It is a small world indeed - thanks for your visit and I'll hop over to yours now, cheers :D
oooh aren't you clever! I'm not crafty at all but admire people who are
ReplyDeleteMargo (thanks for visiting my site too!)
Thanks Margo, am a bit of a fraud though. I start these things but they all sort of gather dust waiting for me to finish! Perhaps today? ;-)
ReplyDeleteShe's lovely. I love her hair. Let us know when you finish her. I'd like to see her all dressed up.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rhonda Jean I shall do that ... hmmm, no excuses now - I'll get cracking ;-)
ReplyDeleteHow cool, I love her wild hair!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my place ;)
Thanks Lisa, she seems glad to be out of the "unfinished projects" bag!! :D
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to finish it.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty:) Thanks for sharing, I am currently looking at doll patterns online, and love it! I found you by way of Rhonda's blog.
ReplyDeleteI want to make a doll in the future! I like the idea of sending it to my little niece and making clothes for her. But I've a lot to learn.....
ReplyDeleteHi there Diane. Oh yes, thank you I shall. The material is ready for her clothes - so will get on with it :D
ReplyDeleteHello Stephanie, thank you. There's such a wealth of info online for doll's patterns... it's fun searching them out isn't it, oh decisions, decisions!
Mary, that's a beautiful idea for your niece - a handmade gift always has that extra something!
If I may be so bold as to say (in a kindly way), it'd be a nice change of pace from your busy (and very interesting) job :D
I wish I had hair like her. :)
ReplyDeleteLOL :)
ReplyDeleteand, Vicki, I wish I had her thin ankles !!
Susan, your doll is beautiful! Certainly some inspiration for me there! I discovered a Melbourne-based company selling doll kits at a textile fair here in Brisbane last year. They were knitted dolls and also felt ones but you had to buy the whole kit which was quite expensive. This year they were selling the pattern books separately so I bought the doll patterns and the clothes patterns' book. AK designs I think they are and they look similar to Japanese style dolls. Thank you for sharing your lovely doll!
ReplyDeleteHi Maria and thanks for your comments too :)
ReplyDeleteThe cost of taking up a hobby can certainly get a bit expensive, yes, especially kits. I found that out when I first started making my bears. I couldn't even bear! to buy the nice fur, so practised on all sorts of materials.
I just did a search on AK and the following website seems to be them www.aktraditions.com (in case other dollmakers might be reading this). Their felt and knitted dolls are so cute, I'll keep them in mind, thanks for that Maria.
The magazine I found my doll in is called Australian Dolls Bears and Collectables. My Mum gets me a bundle every now and then from her Op Shop - they're out of date but only about 50cents from the Oppies!
Full patterns and easy to follow instructions (which I like).
Have fun in your dollmaking Maria. I'll stop by your blog every now and then to see what you're getting up to in your retirement. Cheerio :D
I'm proud to say I made two crocheted finger puppets for my little neice! I will post a pic on my blog...its nothing fancy but it was made with love...
ReplyDeleteAnd yes you are right I am busy working, but I do like my work. When I get my Xmas hats finished I will start on the doll. I know nothing so I will be back to visit you! Thanks so much for your input.
Aw that's real nice Mary. Bet she loves them too, fancy or not just doesn't factor with children does it :) Admire you crocheting... something I could never get the hang of. Happy to help when you start dollmaking - am totally self taught and never quite stick to patterns (bit like when I'm cooking), but you'd be most welcome. Am off to see your pic of them now. Cheerio :D
ReplyDeleteVERY cool bush doll, Susan!! and i agree with a couple of the other comments...i love her hair!! and i wouldn't mind the thin ankles myself! ha!!
ReplyDeletei hope she stays on your mind long enough for you to work on her!! she deserves to have some clothes on!! HA!!
OH, and i LOVE her face! :]
Hello Susan, My closest neighbour Looks exactly like your doll. She has that pocelain skin and identical hair. Same colour and curls. Her name is Penelope if your thinking of a name for her.
ReplyDeleteMaa.
Hi Laura, thanks for your comments. Most definitely, I'm all revved up to finish her now - bringing her out like this has recharged my crafty(ing) batteries :)
ReplyDeleteHello Maa,
ReplyDeleteActually I've been dithering about a name - so appreciate your suggestion.
Penelope the wild bush girl she is!!
I've loved all the feedback from everyone, also Rhonda Jean who inspired this Friday's type of post. So, a big Thank You from me, and, I'm sure, from Penelope as well, who will be glad to finally get dressed ;-)
Cheers :D
hey...!! you are a doll maker too!!
ReplyDeletesmall world... this bloggyville. I hopped to yours from Down to Earth...
Thanks BumbleVee, this is my first doll - I've made bears mostly, but have been real pleased with Penelope so far... especially with all the encouragement I've received from everyone :)
ReplyDeleteIt is a small world indeed - thanks for your visit and I'll hop over to yours now, cheers :D