Friday, September 17, 2010

marvellous marion

~ not a bad day outside, so have grabbed my trusty electric hand pruner and will cut some shrubs down to size!  Reading Kathy's (day by day ) Pentas post has inspired thoughts of gardening again, so will get out and into it.
Most of the frosts have gone, so a bit of a trim will thicken all my natives up. My favourites are the Correas.  They come in so many varieties.  Their flowers are tucked inside their tangle of branches and leaves, giving privacy and relative safety to all the tiny birds who are starting to come to our garden, such as the Eastern Spinebill as shown in my blog title pic.

Here's a pic of the first Correa I planted, it's name is "Marion's Marvel" .... I think Marion did a good job!

~ here's a prostrate Correa, it thrives on a good haircut too!

~ a lime green flower on this lovely (photo doesn't do the colour justice)..

~ enough already Susan!! Just one more, I promise ....

The End 
for today ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I wish that was available in Florida... it's a lovely plant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! I enjoy sharing our garden. Am on a roll now, so will add some more Correa pics ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, and welcome too.
    Yes, Mother Nature just knocks me out! Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx