Friday, June 5, 2020

Signing off for a while


Not sure why, but blogger seems to have changed.  What used to be an easy way to create, edit and publish a post has become confusing.
.... or, then again, it may be me - losing the plot! 
Either way, I think its time for a break from blogger. 
Happily, I meet up with many of you over in instagram and to those who I dont, I will say cheerio for now, and perhaps see you a little later. 
Take care and kindest thoughts and wishes in these ever-changing times.  Sue xx

56 comments:

  1. Stay well and safe! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading about the 'blogger upgrade' elsewhere Sue - lots of unhappy bloggers. Wordpress is planning something similar so you might be 'hearing' me muttering under my breath while tearing my hair out:)
    Hopefully you won't be away too long

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm being old fashioned when I say "why change for the sake of change" but, then nothing stays the same does it!
      Cheers Cathy and thanks xx

      Delete
  3. Hello Sue!
    Sorry to hear you've been in troubles with Blogger. I haven't it yet.
    I hope you have a safety and happy time, my friend.
    Wishing we meet somewhere again, Hugs xx



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sirkkis, thank you and the very best to you too xx

      Delete
  4. Sorry, I have not updated to the new blogger. I do not do Instragram.
    Take care and stay well. Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so kindly Eileen and you take care as well xx

      Delete
  5. I will miss you! Hope you're back soon. The 'new' Blogger can be done away with-just click 'revert to legacy.' I tried the new one and it's awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debra... I did look for that as you suggested.
      Not sure why things have to change, am getting mixed messages from blogger.
      Take care now xx

      Delete
  6. I'm not happy with Blogger changes either although they do say in the info that you can still stay on the old format. Time will tell. Too many changes during this difficult time is not helpful. All the best as you take a break. I'm not on Instagram so wish you well and will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I'm going to back up in order to save my blog and then perhaps I can experiment between the old and the new. Been on it too long to lose things.
      Guess, changes are always inevitable... I thought it worked ok.
      Cheerio for the time being and all the best to you xx

      Delete
  7. Yes, Blogger is getting some upgrade. I'm not happy about it.

    It's good to change platforms. I remembered the times when people left Blogger for Facebook. Some of them came back, others are active on both platforms or only on Facebook.

    Anyway ,have fun wherever you find it right to express yourself! I'll sure miss your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Duta, I've been doing instagram concurrently with blogger and enjoy both.
      Some other blogfriends have mentioned that there is an option to retain the old style blogger... I shall try that once I've saved my current posts here.
      Cheerio for now xx

      Delete
  8. Take care! You can switch back to the old blogger in the settings tab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to see you Karen, yes, others have mentioned that too. I shall certainly see how that goes. All the best xx

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous arrangement Sue. I haven't tried the new blogger upgrade but I am sure something will go wrong and make things difficult.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding out that we may have an option to stay with how things are Diane. It looks like that they will be making the new blogger the default but we can opt out for the old version.
      Hope things work out, I'll wait for a while. Thanks for your thoughts, all the best xxx

      Delete
  10. nothing has changed on my blog, as of yet...but i have read that changes are coming! the arrangement you photographed!!

    take care and stay well and safe sue, i am going to look for you on instagram. if your ok with that, you can accept my friendship!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the way the notice was that I should change now so I did but the editing options are so limited on a post... no updating etc, I became so frustrated that I felt it best to just save all the posts and then have a break while the new stuff settles down...... however.... blogfriends further up in this post have said that to stay on the old version is an option.
      Guess, I'm being a bit obstinate and old fashioned but why change things if there's nothing wrong!
      Stay safe yourself too xx

      Delete
  11. i couldn't find you, i am purpledebbieknits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep found you Debbie and I've followed you... I'm @fancifuls.bysue

      cheers! xx

      Delete
  12. I too have found this new blogger thing confusing - i figure after a while it will feel normal. I will keep following you at Instagram. Ijust can't post anything. I made an account when I had a tablet and was going to start posting - we were on a trip to Jamaica for my son's wedding and during that time I lost the tablet in an airport. I prefer not to have a cell phone (my husband does) ...so I can't post to instagram from my laptop - ..I have tried to figure out why but it just doesn't work. Anyway I enjoy what I see at your instagram so ... anyway ...have a great weekend coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, I love seeing that you've seen my posts on instagram, thank you (should have told you long before this! xxxxxx)
      Yes, that's the only failing that I can see on instagram is that posts can only be made from a phone app. I tried to figure out how to from a computer but no luck.
      As for this current state of affairs re the new blogger, apparently its possible to revert to the old style. I'll give that a try.
      Cheerio for now and good wishes xx

      Delete
    2. it's weird Sue, sometimes i get the old and sometimes i get the new blog workspace.... 'i do miss coming here though and reading and seeing all your flowers ,e tc...hope all is well.

      Delete
    3. Hi Sandy, sorry I took so long to answer you. I've been trying to get used to blogger (I only use it on the computer, not a tablet nor mobile). I've prepared a post for here but then couldn't find how to go back into it to edit it so I just let it be for a while. All good otherwise and I hope the same with you xx😊💕

      Delete
  13. It is confusing and a struggle.
    You know the old saying, "If it works leave it alone."
    Hugs Sue 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, so true Jan. I know that one must "go with the flow" etc and embrace new technology but I felt suddenly quite lost when stuff didn't work! I used to delight in finding out how things work but just recently it seemed easier to give up and take a break :D)
      Am going to see if the old system of blogger is still an option after the designated date that they are changing over (end of July I think it was in one notice).
      All the best, hugs xx

      Delete
  14. I thought the same. They have changed their interface. It is actually easier than I thought. Hope you stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that sounds hopeful Nicole. I've just got to do a bit of re-setting on myself I reckon lol. Thanks for your comment xxxx

      Delete
  15. You will be missed here but I'm happy to be able to keep up with you on Instagram. I haven't noticed the changes yet but know I won't be happy about them when I get back into editing. Enjoy your weekend Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Denise. Apparently they are allowing the old version to stay in blogger (according to other blog-friends' comments). Take care and all the best xxx

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Yes, for sure, always enjoyable, thanks Christine xx

      Delete
  17. Hi Sue. I've not blogged much in over a year...I have plenty of ideas and have started a few posts, but never finished. I get quite a lot of views on my posts, but no one speaks up. I suppose my subjects aren't so dynamic, oh well. Blogger has changed, and I haven't even checked in to the changes. Anyway, I'll check back from time to time to see if you're around. Do take care, dear friend. I have always appreciated your friendship. Hugs to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, you always put so much research in and your posts are always interesting, and, yes, we've been blogfriends for so many years. I'm not closing my blog, just taking a break, I wasn't keeping up with everyone here, so some re-charging is necessary. All the best to you, our world is vastly different to when we were young things eh! Keep our chins up xxxxxxx

      Delete
  18. Espero que todo te vaya muy bien y te espero pronto. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation for Teresa: "I hope everything goes well for you and I hope to see you soon. Kisses."

      Hello Teresa, thank you so much, all the best to you and, yes, see you soon. I just need to slow down a bit and gather my wits! xxxx

      Delete
  19. Sorry to see you go. I don't like changes either. See you on Instagram between the ads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane... once I've added a post on Instagram I look at it on my desk computer - ad free! xx

      Delete
  20. Hello dear Sue!
    I will miss you now that I’m back again.
    I don’t know nothing about the new changes on Blogger,since i was away so long.
    Wishing you a great weekend,stay safe! Hugs!
    Dimi....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dimi, lovely to see you again and hope you had a good break. All the best xx

      Delete
  21. I haven't yet come across one blogger who likes the changes!!!

    Sorry I do not do Instagram, so I'm hoping you will come back to your blog after a short break.

    Take care and stay safe and well.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Jan, yes, its just a break... after so many years I could not abandon my blog and all the friends here :D). I shall pull up my 'big girl pants' when I get back and work through all the changes. Perhaps they mean what they say (Blogger) in that we can retain the old version.
      Appreciate your visit xxxx

      Delete
  22. Aguardo retorno.
    Abraços.
    janicce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation for Janicce: "Awaiting return. Hugs."

      Thanks so much Janiccee, hugs back to you xx

      Delete
  23. Dear Sue I am going to miss you. I tried the new blogger...it seems like it will grow on me. I like the old one better. Enjoy your break...Hope you come back after you get a good rest. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Debbie, thanks for your comment.
      Yes, I think I let things (that aren't really all that much of a problem) get to me. So, I shall let the changes roll through and then come back fresh.
      Always love blogging xxxx

      Delete
  24. Oh, don't stay away too long! I am activating an Instagram acct. as soon as one of my children can come visit and help me :) I panicked when I went to the new platform on blogger, but I figured most of it out once I started a post and was able to publish it. I wish there was a tutorial. I hope to see you on Instagram. I enjoy your blog. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen, so nice to see you.
      Good for you for sticking at blogger and figuring it out. I'll have a go a bit later. It will be beaut to see you on Instagram too... will keep an eye out for you. Beaut of you to visit... Cheers now xxxx

      Delete
  25. I think the entire internet has become a challenge :(
    See you at IG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its nice catching up with you there Monica, thanks for dropping in xx

      Delete
  26. I sometimes have difficulty with Blogger as well, but so far so good I could always figure it out. I'm a bit hesitant to try the new Blogger - I learned so many new things over the past three months that I am a bit tired of it right now. Which is ridiculous since we're learning all the time, don't we....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Carola, I used to always like to try and figure things out but I get how you're feeling atm... these feelings will pass - in the meantime, I've reverted to hermitism ... take care and thanks so much for visiting xx

      Delete
  27. i miss your blogging. Hope to see you back soon.

    Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so kindly Sandy... getting there [big smile] xxxx

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx