Sunday, May 10, 2020

~ Some flowers for today ~

Hello!

There's nearly nothing nicer than sharing flowers is there.  Be they fresh ones, photos of them, paintings or even catching a whiff of a scent of one.... sending most of those out to wherever they may land:
Another of my waterbowls with sweet and shy native violets

Freesias resting on one of my Mum's beautifully worked cushions.
I'm so glad I took this photo years ago as the actual cushion has disintegrated with age and use... the magic of photos, it will live on

Some beauties... we once did some housesitting and there happened to be many roses growing.
I love this shot in the late afternoon light.

I'm sorry if I may have already shown this one in the past but its a favourite and seems to want to be shown again somehow


Kind wishes to each and every one of you xx

56 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, real and painted. Thanks for sharing, have a wonderful day! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, how very beautiful flower photos and painting, Sue!
    Thank you for this lovely experience to visit here.
    We are celebrating mothers here to day.
    Happy and healthy time to you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming to visit Sirkkis... its good to celebrate Mothers xx

      Delete
  3. Nothing can compete with your flowers, and flower arrangements, whether fresh or displayed in paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flowers. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, your flowers are gorgeous, I love the bowl and freesias. Your watercolor is lovely, well done. Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, and for your lovely wishes... which I share with you xx

      Delete
  6. Love your Mum's pillow with the flowers on it. Your painting is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Debra, I can't remember the type of sewing Mum did on her pillow... it will come to me :D) Thanks about my painting too xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful post and flowers Sue! I will try to do a water bowl like you, lots of wild violets outside thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, I know you will enjoy when the perfume from the violets waft from the water... I love that you're going to do one too xx

      Delete
  8. Thankfully you have so much beauty around you that you cannot help but smile even through your tears.
    I am so happy that you have that precious photo of handmade love made by your mom.
    Your painting is breathtakingly beautiful. You are so talented.

    Happy Mother's Day 🌷
    Hugs 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jan, and thank you... I do love to keep coming back to flowers, guess I'm fixated you could probably say and its always to lovely to share and know that others find these things to nice too.
      Thanks for your lovely thoughts xx

      Delete
  9. Lovely flowers! Absolutely incredibly beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE those blooms - presented so beautifully. Hope you are doing well and your week ahead is blooming beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandy, thank you very much, glad you enjoyed them. Yes thanks, doing well, hope you are too xx

      Delete
  11. Sure a beautiful flower and painting is also as beautiful. I came over from Christine and if you find the time, stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dora, real nice to see you, thank you for visiting... see you soon xx

      Delete
  12. All the flowers are lovely especially the ones you painted. Come by my blog to see the flowers I have on today. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nicole. Yes, I loved your flowers and am also inspired by the intuitive way you have started painting xx

      Delete
  13. I love flowers, fresh, photos, or paintings. Fresh ones are so expensive though and then they die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, yes I love to prolong the life of the fresh ones with photos first and then sometimes, paintings :D) xx

      Delete
  14. dear Sue you just enlightened my day :)

    these are absolutely Gorgeous flowers !

    oh your mother did such a elegant needle work here ,thank you for sharing
    loved your stunning pink roses ,marvelous painting :)
    best wishes for day ahead my friend
    stay healthy and positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Baili, that's very kind of you.
      Yes, I loved that cushion Mum made - I cannot think of the name of the stitching she did on it.
      I appreciate your lovely wishes ... you too xx

      Delete
  15. Hello Sue!
    The photos and their flowers are beautiful. You inherited your artistic skills from your mother, yes?
    The painting with the roses is really adorable, an admirable job. Perhaps for that reason she feels vain and wants to be seen. It really deserves to be seen more often.
    Good week, with many and good inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Manuel, thank you very much.
      Yes, I think I have been lucky enough to have inherited some of those skills from Mum, not in her sewing and embroidery but in being creative. My Dad painted also.
      Thank you, I really enjoy painting, and Roses have always seemed to hard to paint in a realistic way so I choose to do abstract versions of them.
      Lovely to have you visit and all the very best to you and yours xx

      Delete
  16. Se ve todo muy lindo, el trabajo de tu mamá es precioso. Abrazos Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation of Teresa's comment: "Everything looks very nice, your mom's work is beautiful. Hugs Sue."

      Thank you very much Teresa and, yes, how lucky that I took a photo to remember her beautiful sewing xx

      Delete
  17. You are right, Sue. There is nothing nicer... And your beautiful painting is a lovely breath of fresh air! Thanks for sharing THAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, thank you and I'm so glad you enjoyed it xx

      Delete
  18. The glass bowl photo is exquisite (were you standing on a chair again, Sue?).
    The freesias are as gorgeous as they always are.
    The roses are so clear and real with the stems and leaves looking 3D on the screen. It's a great photo with the out-of-focus background.
    I'm glad the painting wanted to be shown again, of course it did as it knew some of us had not seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was real fun to do Sheila ... (lol, no chairs involved in the making of that photo), I held the phone camera above it (had to get the lighting right though... that took longer than anything ;D))
      I did love those roses too, thanks for that, must've taken so many photos and had only just recently found them.
      Beaut to catch up with you again xx

      Delete
  19. Lovely to see this post from you Sue.
    Thank you for sharing these beautiful flowers.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so kindly Jan, all the best to you over there, hope things are going well for you xx

      Delete
  20. Wonderful post Sue, love all the beautiful flower images and painting.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Diane, real happy you enjoyed them... thanks for telling me xx

      Delete
  21. Hi Sue, love your pretty flowers! I also love the elegant pillow with the embroidery, and gosh the painting is gorgeous, and also the flowers in the pretty glass bowl. I hope your week is going well so far and that it continues to be a very good one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Denise, that's real nice of you. Yes everything is going well, we're staying in our bubble until whenever, always finding plenty to do at home.
      All the best to you xx

      Delete
  22. Sue loved seeing your flowers. The pillow you shared reminded me when I did the same kind of embroidery work. Your panting is so lovely. Roses are a favourite of mine. Have a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Debbie, thanks so much.
      Do you know what that kind of embroidery work is called... I'm sure Mum called it a particular name but when I try to research it, I'm just not finding it.
      Roses are so lovely indeed. Cheers now and thanks for your visit xx

      Delete
  23. Flowers always make us happy;
    The images are beautiful.
    Good weekend.
    janicce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed Janicce, I find I'm turning to them more and more in these times... some are cuttings from loved ones that are growing, others are gifts either received, or that I've purchased from gifted money from my dear ones.
      I know how much you value your garden too. Thanks for visiting xx

      Delete
  24. just one flower can bring so much joy!! the last picture, a favorite of mine as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Debbie, and I love that no matter what, our flowers keep on blooming... they push their buds open even in the chilliest of weather. We're starting to get frosts nowadays and lots of flowers are showing how resilient they are.

      Thanks so kindly for your thoughts about my painting xx

      Delete
  25. Thank you for sharing all these beautiful photos that colored my day. I loved the flowers and the wonderful painting.
    Have a nice week
    Take care, hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting Maria, I'm really happy you enjoyed all the flowers xx

      Delete
  26. A explosão de beleza e cor das flores é contagiante. Muito belo.
    If you do like poetry too, you can read me on:

    Hino à Primavera

    Saudações poéticas.
    Juvenal Nunes

    ReplyDelete
  27. The painting is beautiful and a pretty combination of pink and blue as are the flowers themselves. Violets, roses, freesias and the exquisite embroidery are special. Thank you for sharing. Best wishes, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful photos and art work of beautiful roses. A nice post to brighten the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Diane. Kind good wishes to you xx

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx