It seems that the colour pink has taken hold of my painting thoughts and so I succumbed!
Here are a couple which are my entries in this week's Paint Party Friday:
![]() |
| "Survivors" acrylic on board |
![]() |
| "Take Heart" acrylic on board |
Beautiful art abounds over at:
Cheers, Sue xx



Beautiful Sue, such pretty colors.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Denise... pinkly pink has taken over for the moment ;D) ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteHi Sue :)) Pink is a great colour, we could all use a little more cheeriness don't you think? :) I love your "Take Heart"!! :)
ReplyDelete~🌺💗🌸~ Thanks Rain and, yes I do - always room for more cheeriness!
Deletesuch lovely pink art Sue! And congrats on being featured this week at PPF!
ReplyDeleteThanks kindly Linda ~🌺💗🌸~ appreciated!
DeletePink is a calming, relaxing color and it has many tints and shades.
ReplyDeleteThe above pictures display beauty and originality.
Hello Duta, yes, I certainly felt that as I was painting - its nice to plan nothing but, rather, just go with the flow ~🌺💗🌸~ thanks for your lovely visit!
DeleteWhen pink is as beautiful as these Sue I could sit and admire all day long. Fabulous work Sue, take heart has a certain romance to it.. what a joy to see your pretty canvas's today. Happy PPF HUgs Tracey xx
ReplyDeleteP.S I do hope you and your family are keeping safe and well in your part of Australia x
~🌺💗🌸~ how lovely of you to say Tracey, thank you.
DeleteYes, thanks, all going ok xx
what interesting texture, I love pink. I need to try working with acrylics.
ReplyDeleteThanks Leanna, I do them on the reverse side of masonite board (which is perhaps known in other countries as hardboard or fibreboard)... for that very reason, the texture. It takes a couple of coats of gesso first but then accepts acrylic quite happily. Cheers ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteLove your pink art, I love pink!
ReplyDeleteThanks Christine, very much ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteAs they say "pretty in Pink"!
ReplyDeleteThese are lovely Sue.
Hugs💗💕💖
They do! Thanks kindly Jan ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteThank you so much dearest Sue. You have been very kind and understanding.
DeleteBig Hugs 💮
~🌺💗🌸~ One day at a time Jan... hugs ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteA different style today. Love the range of pinks used.
ReplyDeleteHi Diane, yes I sometimes like to mix it up! Thanks for your visit ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteEnjoyed your pink fest Sue. Happy you dtopped by my blog
ReplyDeleteMuch🎨love
It is a fest isn't it! Thanks very much Gillena ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteLove pink! So pretty
ReplyDeleteThanks Clare, can't go wrong with pink! ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteYour pink pieces are so beautiful. Congrats on being featured at PPF this week. Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteSo nice of you, thanks Valerie ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteI love your two paintings. They move me because of the titles, colours, the textures, the background patterns and then the overlay of delicate flowers, stems and leaves - so uplifting. Wishing you well dear Sue.
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad you enjoyed them Linda. Both of them started from just playing around with backgrounds, its a relaxing process. All the best ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteMuy bonito el rosa. Besos Sue.
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Teresa, I don't need to seek translation this time ;D), I appreciate your thoughts ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteHello, I love the pretty pink paintings. My favorite is the last one of Take Heart. I hope you are having a great day, wishing you a happy new week!
ReplyDeleteHi there Eileen, it always interests me if someone has a favourite, thanks for your visit and yes it's looking like it will be a great day... coffee with my darling soon! Cheers ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteThese paintings are so beautiful! Love pink!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Evi ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteThese are beautiful and very cheery. They would look so pretty on a girl's room wall! Love them!
ReplyDeleteThanks Debra, very much ... appreciate your visit ~🌺💗🌸~
Deletepretty pictures, pretty pinks!! i was going to pick a favorite but i like them both equally!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's lovely to know Debbie, thank you.. don't think I've got pink quite out of my system yet ;D) ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteDelightful pink creations ~ brighten up the cloudy day here ~ thanks ^_^
ReplyDeleteHappy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Thanks Carol, so nice of you to say ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteThis is beautifully painted, I am fascinated by this gentle romantic style!!!
ReplyDeleteHave anice Weekend, Elke
Thanks very much Elke and I appreciate your comments ~🌺💗🌸~
DeletePretty paintings, the bottom one is my favourite.
ReplyDeleteThanks Lin, appreciate you telling me.
DeleteI have this urge to paint roses in that I would love to do a proper realistic one but then I drift into the way I've done them in the bottom one and feel happy with them.. till the next time ;D) ~🌺💗🌸~
How beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne, I really appreciate your comment ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteBeautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Regine ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteSue you just let that pink take hold. It is a difficult color to work with but you mastered it for sure. Thank you for your lovely comment too.
ReplyDeleteAppreciate that Nicole thank you ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteIts funny how some colours can be difficult to work with and I understand what you mean.
Ah pink is such a perfect colour for your lovely art. Makes me think Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Have a great weekend. Hugs
ReplyDeleteHi Debbie, thank you and, yes, now you mention it, perhaps there could be a bit of romance going on in the second one lol ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteWhat a busy artist you are. Your creativity doesn't seem to end.
ReplyDeleteHi Joan, its something I enjoy and becomes more and more a daily part of my life... being retired helps time-wise ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteThese are beautiful, love the pink.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much! ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteOi Sue, como vão as coisas do lado de cá?
ReplyDeleteUltimamente ando me rendendo para o rosa;
Ficou lindo;
Tenho vontade de voltar a pintar com aquarela;
ainda tenho muitas tintas e pincéis guardados.
Bom finalzinho de mês;
E obrigada pela visita lá na casa.
Hi Sue, how are things going this way?
Lately I've been surrendering to pink;
It was beautiful;
I want to go back to painting with watercolors;
I still have a lot of paints and brushes in store.
Good end of the month;
And thanks for visiting at the house.
Hello Janicce, things are going very well thanks so much ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteI would love to see some of your watercolours when you do... get those paints and brushes into action :D)
so pretty - pretty in pink -...never saw the movie but remember the title . I keep thinking i will join in some day.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Sandy. I looked up that movie ... an 80s rom com apparently ;D)
DeleteYou'd be so welcome to PPF - I don't join in every single week (they slip by so quickly :O) ) but its fun ~🌺💗🌸~
lol, a heart among the roses. What a great idea :) Love it!
ReplyDeleteHi Monica ... thanks! As you know, things can slip in and out of our paintings/creations - they almost have minds of their own ;D) ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteThese are like candies, yummy!
ReplyDeletelol, thank you May - love how you saw that in my painting :D) ~🌺💗🌸~
DeletePink is my favourite colour :)
ReplyDeleteI love these Sue, simply fabulous.
All the best Jan
Thanks so much Jan - there's so much to love about pink/s, yes! ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteVery pretty! Love the roses! hugs xo Karen
ReplyDeleteAppreciating your comment and visit [smiling] - thanks Karen ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteAh the wonders of Pink. Did we used to like pink so much? - I can't remember it being a big thing.
ReplyDeleteI would have thought it would have been very difficult to paint with just the colour pink, but you seem to have managed brilliantly.
I can remember a pink and white (horizontally) striped full skirt I used to have... the kind we wore those voluminous net petticoats to make them stand out (am talking in the early 1960s!)... I loved it and kind of kept that love for pink since.
DeleteThanks Sheila, it wasn't difficult, just kept mixing and, again, having fun ~🌺💗🌸~
Oh that's right, I had forgotten that. I had the same kind of skirt but it was pink flowers. You would have thought the net underskirts would have been scratchy but I don't remember that. Everyone had small waists then too. Thanks for the memory, Sue.
DeletePretty in pink. Gorgeous. Both of them would make for amazing fabric prints. xo
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Vicki - a lovely thought! ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteYou did it justice!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sharon - appreciate that ~🌺💗🌸~
Deleteoh this is CAPTIVATING dear Sue :)
ReplyDeleteyour skills are undoubtedly marvelous no matter what color you choose :)
hugs and blessings!
Hello Baili, thank you very kindly - lovely of you to say ~🌺💗🌸~
DeleteWhat amazing colors and patterns on your fabric Sue.
ReplyDeleteHugs Diane
Thanks very much Diane! ~🌺💗🌸~
Delete