Friday, January 17, 2020

Feasting ~ Happy PPF ~

Hello!

Joining in with Paint Party Friday!
So Happy to be back once again.
Here's my entry:
"A Feast of Correas"
Acrylic on canvas 
A stylised version of life in our garden, inspired by the pluckiness of our Australian native birds and plants

Thanks for your visit
Lots of wonderful art over at:
Cheers!
Sue xx

85 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The flowers and the tiny bird are delightful and delicately painted. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very kindly Linda, I enjoyed painting them :D)

      Delete
  2. Oh this is such a delightful painting dear Sue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    gorgeous entry :)
    wishing you all the goodness in this world my wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely of you Baili, thank you very much. Also for your beautiful wish I thank you :D)

      Delete
  3. You get me miss summer, Sue!
    Lovely, beautiful painting. Flowers and birds love to be together.
    Have a happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very nice of you Sirkkis - thank you! ~💙✨~

      Delete
  4. Beautiful painting Sue! I like the flowers and the cute bird. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have yourself a really lovely weekend too Eileen and thanks so much for your kind words ~💙✨~

      Delete
  5. What a subtle blue background!
    The tiny bird in the heap of the beautiful correas looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Duta! When I started this I didn't have a clue what I was going to paint...funny how things pop up. I appreciate your lovely thoughts ~💙✨~

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Really appreciated Regine, thanking you ~💙✨~

      Delete
  7. Your painting is beautiful Sue! I love the pinks and yellows together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rain! Welcome to my blog too ~💙✨~

      Delete
  8. beautiful painting Sue. I bet those flowers would attract hummingbirds as well. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely, thanks so much Linda... I could definitely see them enjoying our native correas too, enough nectar to go around ;D)~💙✨~

      Delete
    2. Delicate and beautiful colors as earlier seen, Sue.
      Happy PPF xx

      Delete
  9. Just georgeous Sue.

    Hoping your Australian fires subside and things go back to normal soon
    Happy PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Gillena!
      Appreciating your lovely wishes too ~💙✨~

      Delete
  10. Hi Sue. Your entry for today is stupendous! You always manage to create unique pieces that tell a story! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Suzanne, thanks very much, its lovely to see you and enjoy your weekend too... hugs back ~💙✨~

      Delete
  11. I love love your beautiful art/flowers - and i love the banner also - you have such a unique style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kindly Sandy, I really appreciate your lovely thoughts ~💙✨~

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous Sue. Both the bird and flowers are a favorite subject of mine. Hope all is well with you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Debbie, you're speaking my language - I could paint flowers forever ;D) ~💙✨~

      Delete
  13. Oh Sue, how this beautiful painting made me smile and lifted my spirits!
    You are such a beautiful person inside and out.
    I wish you happiness and good health always.

    Hugs ❤❤❤

    Hugs ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For that I'm really glad Jan - all the very best and thank you so kindly. Hugs back ~💙✨~

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous artwork, Sue ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, its lovely of you to say ~💙✨~

      Delete
  15. Hi Sue. It is so nice to see your beautiful art. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Nicole, and all the best to you, be well ~💙✨~

      Delete
  16. What cheery, beautiful blooms! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Tammie, glad you enjoyed them ~💙✨~

      Delete
  17. Hello Sue. Just popping to see some friends on this pleasant Saturday afternoon
    Good to see you back with another 'bunch of flowers' :)

    How is your garden coping after the recent traumas - and more importantly, how are you and your man coping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Cathy, and its lovely to see you. It is a lovely day indeed, not too hot not too cold.
      Yes, thanks, I never stray too far from flowers - perhaps into some trees at times ;D)
      We were very pleasantly surprised by how our garden copes... don't have time for sooky plants so have pretty much got a hardy bunch who are doing well. Hubby's vegies are going fine too.
      How about your garden? Did you have vegies this year? I must get over and pay you a visit, have been very slow getting around... sometimes I do a quick flick here and there but its late at night and I don't stay long enough to leave a message.
      All's well with us thanks, we are very grateful to have come out of things as well, it breaks your heart doesn't it for those who didn't.
      I hope alls well with you and yours too.
      Oh, and thanks for popping on to instagram, look forward to crossing paths with you there as well ~💙✨~

      Delete
  18. This is so pretty! Bright and cheerful! Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jean - I like my paintings to convey a cheerfulness ~💙✨~

      Delete
  19. Muy linda Sue, me gusta mucho. Un abrazo y por fin la lluvia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "Very nice Sue, I like it a lot. A hug and finally the rain."

      Hello Teresa, thank you for leaving your message. Hugs back to you and for your good wishes ~💙✨~

      Delete
  20. oh sue i love this one!! i really like the color of these soft pink flowers and you did a beautiful job painting the bird, very well done!! i like the color you choose for the background, it compliments the other colors nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie, the Correas do have some very pretty colours... some a lovely lime green too and the birds just love to visit them.
      Thanks for your lovely thoughts about my painting... I really appreciate them ~💙✨~

      Delete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous Sue! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A pretty rendition. Your garden seems to be quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate that very much Joan, thank you ~💙✨~

      Delete
  23. your bird and flowers are so beautiful. And...it reminds me of my trip to Queensland :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're so fortunate to have so many and with so much beauty Monica. Glad it gave your a happy memory, thanks for telling me ~💙✨~

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. Thanks very much Chris, I appreciate that ~💙✨~

      Delete
  25. Oh that's so sweet and beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a pretty painting, Sue! I can imagine decorating a whole room around this one! The colors are wonderful. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen, that's a lovely thought and thanks, I played around with the colours and happily found this combo. Its always fun to see what happens (sometimes, nothing ;D) lol) ~💙✨~

      Delete
  27. It is a very lovely painting.
    Nice flowers and a cute bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very kindly Evi, much appreciated ~💙✨~

      Delete
  28. The painting is lovely! I am visiting you from Debbie's blog. I have loved visiting you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debra and welcome! Its so nice when we can meet up through our blog-friends, thank you for your lovely compliment ~💙✨~

      Delete
  29. This is like a sunray for our dark morning!
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind thoughts, always so very appreciated ~💙✨~

      Delete
  30. You do the "best" flowers - i love when you post your flower art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandy, I love painting them! ~💙✨~

      Delete
  31. This is lovely, I like both the flowers and the bird :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really appreciate that Jan, thank you ~💙✨~

      Delete
  32. Oh how lovely! I love the flowers and the bird, they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Lisa, lovely of you to say ~💙✨~

      Delete
  33. Beautiful!

    It caught my eye on the sidebar of a blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really lovely of you to say Sandi, thanks for visiting ~💙✨~

      Delete
  34. Sue i'm so sorry I missed this magnificent masterpiece last week, i've been somewhat awol from blogger suffering with migraine and discomfort in my left eye so under Doctors advice stayed offline for a couple of weeks only posting Design Team duties. I was delighted to see you in the spotlight this week at PPF what a happy day.. Congrats and thank you for treating us to this feast of colour... Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tracey thank you, and no worries... we all catch up with each other eventually xx
      I do hope your eye situation has righted itself - being on the computer/other devices can certainly exacerbate sore eye(s). So glad you enjoyed my art, thanks again for visiting ~💙✨~

      Delete
  35. Maybe I saw this on Instagram as I thought I had commented, but may have commented in my head (you know how it can be?).
    It's a beautiful flower painting and I think it must have been difficult to paint all the flowers and leaves and still make it look so good and together.
    The background is just perfect with the flowers and of course, the bird brings it even more alive.
    I enjoyed this painting a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila, yes you did and thank you. lol, I do know how it can be... only too well!!
      This was one of my paintings that I started with the thought that it will only be me who sees this and that always gets me going to just paint for the sheer fun of it. It was fun to do too and thanks so much for your lovely thoughts about it xx

      Delete
  36. Vibrant and very you. Welcome back. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely of you to say Vicki... thank you ~🌺💗🌸~

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx