Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Back on track again ....

Hello!

Well, I can happily get back to a'blogging now.
and what better way to start than with a jar of daisies:

Sorry, I'd been a bit vague with my posts since Christmas.

Not only were there natural concerns about  (as with so many other folks) the fires and such, but a warning was passed around that potential looters were trawling the internet to glean information on what homes had been temporarily left vacant.

I felt it prudent to remove some of my posts.

Sure enough, there've been so many reports in the news of these low-lifes helping themselves to peoples' posessions.  Some homes were looted more than once as well (as if they didn't have enough to worry about!)   Enough said, I won't waste space on them, and don't intend to create discussion about them, but I did want to explain to those blogfriends I couldn't contact by email.

Final word though, which is that even though I removed my posts, and along with them your kind and considerate comments, they were all very much I appreciated. I have kept them all thanks to the comments section of blogger 💝♡💖😍

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now on to better things.... I did a little run stroll, ok, a slow meander outside just before beginning this post, and here's the current state of the garden.  Hubby's vegies that, despite having to look after themselves for a time, are providing us with lots of good eating.




Kohl Rabi 


The zucchini kept growing and growing!
I think the pumpkin intends taking over the entire area lol!


The grapevines survived really well and are shaping up nicely....(all down to Hubby's work, I just take the photos ;D) )

A little arty interlude!  
A card I'd made for a dear one - excess paint paper, painted over with gold acrylic and then cut to gumleaf shapes glued to watercolour and ink branches.

This was another lovely surprise... I'd bought this tropical bromeliad last year just for the love of it, never thinking it would re-flower and survive our crazy weather.
Perhaps the heat combined with a little rain we've had made it think it was in the tropics momentarily!

The bees have found the flowering eucalypt in our backyard and are enjoying all the gum blossoms so much.
We stayed with one of our dear ones for a while and he cracked us up one evening as we were deciding what to have for dinner, as he commented "let's just go straight to dessert!!" Yay, and did we ever: 

☙♡♡♡♡♡❧

Well, its lovely to be back on track and blogging properly again. 
Cheerio from our place to yours
See you soon,
Sue xx 

52 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, great to see your cheery art and photos back with us again. How awful that people try to take advantage of the bad situation by looting, (polite) words fail me! Hope you will now be staying with us again! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Valerie! Thank you and its lovely to be back, it was lovely to see your greeting too. Yes, back again, no more flitting around ;D) Hugs xx

      Delete
  2. Hello, I am glad things are back to normal now. I love your paintings. The flowers and veggies look beautiful. I would love to grow grapes. Going straight to dessert, sounds yummy to me. Wishing you a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you too Eileen, thank you! Glad you enjoyed my paintings, seems I can't stop doing them these days, more and more.
      We too loved the straight to dessert evening - those waffles had choc chips inside and it all was so filling, no way could we have had mains!! lol xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful painting! I want to just stare at it and ignore the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, Sandi, thank you... and that's exactly what I do at times. paintings are nice to get lost in ;D) xx

      Delete
  4. How wonderful to have you back and to know that you and hubby are fine and well.
    I am so sorry that there are those who take advantage of others who already have enough to worry about.
    Your post is cheerful with your beautiful art and hubby's garden and you son's "let's go right to the dessert" love them all!!!

    Great Big Hugs and ❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really delightful to catch up with you too Jan, thanks for your lovely thoughts.
      It was an inspired dessert thought indeed ;D) lol xx

      Delete
  5. Hello Sue!
    Nice that you are back here in Blogland and we can see your lovely art. Now you offered in addition that also delicate thing to eat - in photos of course;) Our garden is getting full glory soon. This time I most love your last painting from the happy garden you are working and enjoying.
    Wishing you wonderful time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you Sirkkis, thank you. Its lovely to be back again. Glad your garden is coming on so well too - they're a delight to have aren't they!
      Thanks and I'm really happy you enjoyed our little garden scene xx

      Delete
  6. I am glad to see you back Sue. Your art is gorgeous, the garden beautiful, and the food, well yum. I truly am sorry about the fires and looting but so happy your are OK. Hugs. N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very kindly Nicole, its lovely to be back too.
      Your comments are always appreciated, must get back to PPF too - I've dilly-dallied around for too long now ;D) We're both fine thanks... grateful and happy xx

      Delete
  7. Horrible about the looting. Welcome back Sue, your art is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Christine, its lovely to catch up with you too, and glad you enjoyed my art, I'm always loving doing that xx

      Delete
  8. Dear Sue you have been in my thoughts...praying for Australia. Your hubby's garden looks lush and well tended even though you were absent. Take care. Love your card...great idea of collaging those leaves. Take care and glad you are back to blogging again. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so kindly Debbie, we all feel those good wishes from all over - its a small world when it comes down to it isn't it.
      We were amazed at how well the garden stood up to everything, had prepared ourselves for it to be ruined.... instead, we're happily munching away on homegrowns - what a lovely bonus xx

      Delete
  9. I'm sometimes surprised when reading blogs, that people tell about their plans or schedules. That's not safe.
    'Straight to dessert' - the stuff on the plates looks rich and decadent.
    The header with the little bird, the jar with daisies, and the card with leaves/branches, are delicate and beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Duta, yes, you are so right in what you say. Exactly so!
      It was a lovely break-out that dessert... we'd been eating quite healthily for a while and then had a great evening of splurging and it was, so rich :D)
      Thanks for your kind thoughts, always so very appreciated xx

      Delete
  10. Love your garden produce. I have been stalking your blog and not commenting. Take care over there. I think of you and all my friends and family on your side of the pond. You cannot ever get away from nasty people it appears. Shame on them. Hugs B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello B, thanks for popping in - I love that you left your message and thank you so much for your beautiful and caring thoughts. Each message means so much - they make the world seem a kinder place, so thank you again xx

      Delete
  11. Lovely art pieces. I've not been very successful at growing vegetables, yours look great and I could just eat your dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin and thank you for those lovely thoughts.
      We get a real kick out of the home grown vegies, Hubby does a fantastic job. He's even made a new bed for rhubarb and canteloupe... such a treat!
      oh yes, that dessert was wonderful. Great to catch up again, cheers xx

      Delete
  12. My heart goes out to the people who are not only dealing with these awful fires, but also those who have had people coming in and stealing. What a sad state of affairs. Thank you for all these lovely photos which include your garden, its produce and beautiful flowers. Dessert looks so yummy! I always love your artwork Sue and your posts always bring a smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and still is a sad state of affairs Denise, yes, unfortunately.
      Glad you enjoyed this post and thanks for your lovely comments xx

      Delete
  13. Good that you are back to regular blogging, Sue. The fires have been devastating for so many. I've barely been online myself since October. Great post and art! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serena, thanks so much - hope you're doing well and I appreciate you leaving your comment xx

      Delete
  14. Me alegra mucho verte Sue y saber que os encontráis bien. Me encanta ver tus cosechas y tus pinturas, la última me gusta mucho. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "Glad to see you Sue and know that you are well. I love to see your crops and your paintings, the last one I like very much. Kisses."

      Thank you very much Teresa, and I'm glad to see you too. Its lovely to be able to share photos of our home grown vegies isn't it... I am always in awe of yours!
      Really nice of you to visit, and all the best xx

      Delete
  15. I too am sometimes concerned about the amount of identifying info in my blog, it is difficult to strike the right balance. Your garden is going gangbusters ... the drought has put mine pretty much on hold. All of the fruit fell off the trees, the roses are refusing to bloom even though I water them every week. Lucky I wasn't trying to grow veges this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan, yes in the early years I was hesitant to even put my photo on here!
      I do enjoy my blog friendships, forgetting momentarily that its not just the good folk who are on the internet.
      Thanks re the garden, even the eucalypts are having their best year... they are thriving on our smokey days! Their native instincts no doubt.
      Sorry to hear about your fruit and roses and that the effects of the drought are taking hold.
      Better get some rain soon eh, fingers crossed xx

      Delete
  16. Lovely to see this blog post. I love the jar of daisies, and so nice to see all of your photographs … the veggies look amazing, enjoy them :)

    On a slightly down note how despicable can some folks be!!!
    Trying to take advantage of the bad situation regarding the awful fires by looting, words fail me!!!

    Take care and keep on blogging.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan! Thanks, I enjoyed trying to paint the glass of the jar - have tried it a few times now, I love that challenge :D)
      Yes, it can be a harsh reality at times - our hearts go out to those victims.
      Thanks for visiting and yes, I shall keep on blogging xx

      Delete
  17. What lovely flowers in a jar, they are so very pretty! I also love your card too. I'm sorry there are people who do such things out there... Your garden looks very pretty and I'm glad things are better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so kindly Lisa. Lovely to catch up with you.
      Appreciate your comments very much xx

      Delete
  18. hi sue...we had the looting problem here after super storm sandy, my niece lost her entire home and had to deal with looters too!!

    on a happy note, your paintings are really pretty...the jar with the daisies is simply beautiful!!

    your husbands garden is amazing, enjoy all of the food, home grown is always best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, Debbie, that's just heartbreaking isn't it... words fail me 😢

      Thanks re my paintings and hubby's garden. We love doing 'our things' xx

      Delete
  19. It is so mean that some people take advantage of other people's misery :(( I'm glad that no robbers came to your place. Lovely to see fresh veggies, your husband has a green thumb! The kangaroo paws look wonderful on your blog! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Riitta! Thanks so much for your kind thoughts - much appreciated.
      Yes, Hubby does have a green thumb - both thumbs are green I would say, he's just completed another vegie bed, this time for rhubarb and canteloupe! Lovely. Good wishes to you xx

      Delete
  20. first off - LOVE the daisies and that background is perfect and they really just pop -
    So glad you are back home and i kind of figured something like that was going on - having had to evacuate ourselves one time and knowing that looting is a problem. Really happy you are back and enjoying that gorgeous garden. The way you photograph your blooms and leaves and such - makes your garden photos some of my favorite I see around the net. You get up close and personal on so many..just love that. Glad to have you back blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sandy! I love the effect of a dark-ish background sometimes.
      Appreciate what you say too.. I'd never thought about that way of taking photos, I love to get right into them, all the little squiggles and things that grow, they're what fascinate me.. so thanks :D)
      Its lovely to be back blogging and am slowly catching up with everyone xx

      Delete
  21. Gosh, I'm sorry I came so late. I have wondered about you and your sweet hubby, Sue. I'm glad to see that you are doing well. There is so much disaster in your country right now, and it's good to know you are keeping with safety measures. Your garden looks so good and healthy, and what a beautiful painting you started us out with! It's good to see you back and full of energy! Sending hugs, dear friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, its fine, I'd been on and off blogger over the past weeks.
      Yes thanks, all good.
      Appreciating your lovely visit, all the best to you and big hugs back xx

      Delete
  22. It can't be easy for anyone that is dealing with the fires. It's so sad that you have to be so vigilant during this time. You are all in my prayers.
    How great that Hubby's garden is doing so well My Hubby grows veggies, too. They are always so much better than those from the store :)

    I'm glad you joined us at 'My Corner of the World'!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Betty, thank you very kindly, your thoughts are much appreciated.
      Yes, indeed, home grown vegies last longer and are more tender than shop bought ones aren't they. I appreciate your visit ~💙✨~

      Delete
  23. Hi Sue, love all your pretty artwork and the beauty of your gardens! Thinking of you as you deal with these terrible fires. It just breaks my heart. Stay safe and hope the rains help end this disaster. Sending hugs to you xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Karen, painting is a big part of my life and it becomes more enjoyable as each day goes by, if possible :D)
      I was out harvesting some beautiful fresh vegies this morning, in between rain showers ...hooray!
      (as a side note though I should add that, although the rain is causing more work in the way of road closures, slippage and possible land-movement (because vegetation has been burnt), it may very well make good inroads towards stopping some fires. So for that too we are incredibly grateful).
      I really appreciate your supportive words, thanks for visiting ~💙✨~

      Delete
  24. So glad to discover your blog through the back door from Debra’s blog. Reading comments, I too hope the fires are soon a memory, and that safety is restored for all. I have to comment on your “Heart is where the Home is” painting. There is so much happening in that scene, so detailed, it’s wonderful! I see it as folk art, and I think it took much time. I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Barbara, and welcome to you!
      Thanks for visiting and also I appreciate your kind thoughts regarding the fires.
      Time goes on and things subside in our and other communities, thank goodness, its nice not to hear the fire brigade siren each day (nice too for the firemen/women :D)). Yes, I join you in hoping safety is restored for all, with all the rain we've had one would think so but some fires in other areas continue.

      It did take a little while to paint that Home scene, each item has a meaning and, in my way of painting, depicts our home and everyday life.
      I really appreciate you leaving your message and I shall pop over to see your blog soon. Cheers ~💙✨~

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx