Sunday, October 6, 2019

Our little bungalow by the sea, on an island (Final Post # 5 Vietnam Travels 2019)

Hello!

Am sure I would win the prize for the longest drawn-out poster of holiday snaps in Blogland!

So, here are the final lot and, even though it was months ago now, I couldn't not share these because, well, it was a fabulously wonderful holiday.

Enough chat, here's the pics and a short video at the end:
The view we saw each morning... just a few steps away


I loved to get up early 

...and flip flop around on the sand


our bungalow by the sea

Beach to the left of us

Beach to the right of us 

To show where we were ... Phu Quoc Island, about a 40 minute flight from Saigon (HCMC) 
... now back to the pics:
Each sunset was beautiful.
The weather was warm, not too humid and no mosquitoes
So much relaxing ... 

A short walk to the restaurant


A little look inside the bungalow:




Don't think I stopped grinning all the time we were there!





Silhouette of my dear hubby, who organised it all and made sure my birthday wish, of staying somewhere by the water, came true
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
❤️❤️50 plus years together
❤️❤️

A short video:

~ thank you for visiting and sharing our enjoyment of this happy time ~

43 comments:

  1. Hi Sue wow what a wonderful holiday ,great pics xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Shez, it was! glad you enjoyed the pics... felt I overdid it with the 'me' ones but, then again, am too old to worry about appearing precious ;D)
      have a nice Sunday evening - what a hot Springtime its becoming already eh!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, wow, wow, Sue! Thank you for a great presentation of your magical holiday. You are a lucky woman having this kind of uplifting experiences.
    Welcome back xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Sirkkis, and thank you very much.
      I am lucky, this I truly know xx

      Delete
  3. The photos are wonderful, it really looks like you found your own corner of paradise. Glad you were able to make such a memorable trip to celebrate your 50th. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so kindly Valerie... yes, we did, my dear man found this spot and it was everything we hoped - now, how good is that! Cheers and all the best xx

      Delete
  4. thank you very much Laurie ... lol, yes, so lucky ... oh boy, snowing!!! We've just started Spring and the temperatures are rising ! lovely of you to drop in :D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing place to spend a special birthday and anniversary. Congratulations. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin and, yes, thanks it was! Great memories now and glad I took lots of pics xx

      Delete
  6. wonderful memories! Happy 50th.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, what a place you found. With such pretty morning skies. Never heard of this place before. Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica, it was certainly one out of the box :D)

      Delete
  8. I should have been there to celebrate your birthday too;P Very lovely place Sue...you're blessed with a smart husband:) Stay blessed always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, the size of the cake - there'd have been plenty for you :D)
      I am most certainly blessed with a smart husband and thank you

      Delete
  9. these are really beautiful photos - i see why you have to share them. I would love to visit Vietnam. My son has been twice - they loved it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, it was lovely for us both to enjoy that little spot by the sea, it wasn't overcrowded... very laid-back... no mozzies ... relaxing, just how we like it after being in the cities :D)

      Delete
  10. What a wonderful holiday to celebrate 50 years together.
    Your photographs and the video were just lovely to see.
    Happy times and special memories.

    Great post :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, glad you enjoyed them and appreciate your visit :D)

      Delete
  11. This looks like a truly heavenly place - it must have been lovely to celebrate your birthday in such a stunning location. The cottage is beautiful inside and out, and like you I would have probably got up early to take a walk along the beach. Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carola, and thank you.
      The hotel management kept the sand so nice and clean - so it was a pleasure to be able to have those walks under the palms... it was like a little paradise :D)

      Delete
  12. Sue what breathtaking photos. I loved your sunsets. I am so glad you shared this lovely spot where you celebrated your birthday. Looks like you are going to be savoring these lovely memories for quite some time. Have a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks Debbie, really glad you enjoyed seeing the pics too. I'm certainly getting lovely flashbacks of that particular spot! Cheers and all the best :D)

      Delete
  13. Me alegra que lo pasaras muy bien y feliz. El lugar se ve encantados, me encanta. Besitos para ti y tu esposo por hacerte ese regalo tan especial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: "I'm glad you had a great and happy time. The place looks delighted, I love it. Kisses for you and your husband for making that special gift."

      aw, thank you Teresa... it was delightful, a real treat. Your thoughts are most appreciated :D)

      Delete
  14. Wow, looks an amazing place to stay. I've never been to Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin, it was very nice indeed. It was the second time I'd been to Vietnam so had a better idea of how things worked over there. Its a very different culture but so easy to fit into :D) Hope you get to visit there one day!

      Delete
  15. Fabulous imagery and audio, Sue. They make me want to pack a bag and jump on a plane. It must’ve been a special and memorable anniversary adventure for you both. Thank you for sharing. :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki! oh, yes, the waves were lovely - to hear them through the night is gorgeous too. The video was very early morning, I used my stick everywhere I went there's a clanking sound towards the end... lol, thats me dropping it for the millionth time while I wield the camera ;D)
      It is, so special to remember - a truly lovely holiday - so glad we did it :D) xx

      Delete
  16. i did not realize it was so beautiful there, the beaches are gorgeous!! i love my flip flops but on the beach, i am always barefoot!!

    this was a lovely birthday gift from your dear husband, one i suspect neither of you will forget!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most beautiful Debbie.
      Vietnam is a most beautiful country, the central highlands are gorgeous too.
      Its definitely an unforgettable holiday adventure :D) xx

      Delete
  17. Thanks for the map to show where you were in Vietnam. The beach scenes look wonderful and I'm sure it was perfection with good hotel facilities. Even if it was a while ago you have happy memories. Thank you for sharing photos that give a sense of your enjoyment and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda and thanks for that.
      The facilities were good, even though we were situated away from the main hotel... it was a nice walk, either by the beach or along paths to the restaurant for breakfast etc... lol, needed a little bit of exercise ;D)

      Delete
  18. An amazing holiday and I have enjoyed each and every photo. I love the look of your bungalow and so nice to see you in the collage. I had my eye on that bed too, and those amazing views looking out at the ocean. Thank you for sharing them Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, it was indeed and I'm real happy you enjoyed all the photos.
      I loved hearing the ocean during the night too, it was lovely :D)

      Delete
  19. beautiful snaps...enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Peaceful and perfect! How lovely to be right on the sea shore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, it was fantastic being in that spot. We spent 4 days there :D)

      Delete
  21. I love your bungalow by the Sea, Sue. What lovely photos, and a beautiful sunset! You must feel so special to be so carefree on a wonderful island! This is a trip celebrating a most special time in your life, and creating a new special time! I enjoyed your video and the sound of the ocean. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos-you look so young! Your adventurous life truly agrees with you. Sending hugs your way...hope your weather warms up nicely for a beautiful Spring! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, thanks very much, it was a really lovely time and all the more special for the reasons we went on our trip. Glad you liked the video too! I made lots of them, even the palms swaying in the warm breezes - all to remember :D)
      All the best, lovely to see you and I hope life is good for you xx

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx