Was doing a bit of dithering for this week's entry for Paint Party Friday.
Have been felting and painting but none of its completed yet... so I checked amongst my pics of cards I'd made for family and thought I'd share this one which was a birthday card a couple of years ago:
As I'd kept the process photos, I'll share them also:
![]() |
| always glad when the sketching out is done - I get ideas in my head but am never sure whether I can carry them out. |
![]() |
| this is the fun part... filling in. |
![]() |
| All but finished, just the bits of shiny bling and a border to add. |
~ Thanks for popping by ~
Lots of art and lovely people to see over at PPF if you'd care to join us, just click on the icon below:





That's a gorgeous card, love the movement in the letters and the fun frog and bird, too. Congrats on being our featured 'star' at PPF this week, great to see your sunny flowers there. Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteHi Valerie, and thank you very much - it was a fun card to create, it was back when I did everyone's initials for their cards which made for a bit of variety :D)
DeleteThanks too re the feature and also for popping in - cheers now xx
What a fun piece to frame and keep forever. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteThanks Arnoldo! That's a lovely thought :D) Happy PPF too
DeleteI fell in love with the card. It has Beauty (the two gracious letters) and Fun (the frog, the bird, the little bunny). The mustard background color looks perfect!
ReplyDeleteBlessings and a happy weekend to you!
It all came together in the end, and it was fun creating it for a little one. Thanks Duta, much appreciated :D) xx
DeleteHello, what a pretty card. I love the bird and critters. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Eileen, real nice to read your comments :D) xx
DeleteHi Sue what a beautiful card,that bird is so cute,well done my friend xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Shez, very much :D) xx
DeleteCongratulations Sue on being the featured artist this week!!!
ReplyDeleteLove this beautiful card...magical!!!
Happy PPF!
Hugs
xxx
Thanks Jan, always fun to be a part of PPF and lovely of you to say. Happy painting :D) xx
DeleteLove this personalized card!
ReplyDeleteThanks kindly Christine :D) Happy PPF! xx
Deletei LOVE seeing the sketches and the process. this is a great personalized card, so much better than a hallmark card, i'm sure RJ will love it. and you are the featured artist, how wonderful and you are so deserving, i'll go take a peak!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Debbie, really sweet of you to say and I appreciate your thoughts. It was enjoyable working out something for RJ... all I could think was make it bright (for a little one) so it turned out ok!
DeleteThanks for visiting PPF and leaving your lovely comment. We always enjoy seeing that someone has popped in.
I'm up early this morning (4.19 am lol), so will make another cuppa and go and play with the paints! Cheers xx
oh my cuteness! I love this so much. Lovely process and the final piece is really beautiful. Have a lovely weekend and happy PPF! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so lovely Maria, thank you very kindly and Happy PPF to you :D) xx
DeleteLovely!
ReplyDeleteThank you Anne :D) xx
DeleteWonderful card, Sue. Very creative and colorful.
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend 🌺
Really appreciated, thank you Sirkkis... colourful was what I was aiming for and so it turned out ok! Have a lovely weekend too xx
DeleteA lovely card - colourful and cute. I'm sure it brought a smile to little RJ. It's always nice to get a personalised card made with love. It was good to see the process and the end result. Have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, thank you very much. I'm pretty sure it would have (sent it in the mail), and thanks for that lovely thought too.
DeleteEnjoy your weekend as well xx
Es muy bonita. Feliz fin de semana.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "It is very pretty. Happy weekend."
DeleteThanks Teresa, always appreciated when you visit. Enjoy your weekend too! xx
I do like this card, and it's always nice to see the working process too.
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday and have a good weekend.
All the best Jan
Thanks very kindly Jan. All the best to you and I really appreciate your visits :D) xx
DeleteOh, my goodness! How lovely! I adore this--fills my eyes, it does--which is the greatest compliment I can give.
ReplyDeleteBeth, that is such a beautiful, heartfelt, compliment - thank you xx
Deletefelting... Ooooo I want to see your felting! I took a class in it and there is so much to learn. We did flat felt, and shaped felt for doll making. LeeAnna
ReplyDeleteHi LeaAnna, you're right there's so much to learn but there's also so many ways to take off with it and do your own thing - I'm having so much enjoyment out of it these days. Just need to be mindful of not overdoing the wrists though, pacing is the name of the game ;D) Your class sounded great. I was fortunate enough to have a friend who also attends our Monday art/chat/sip/eat/laugh Group who kindly taught me.
DeleteI've done a few back posts on felting which, if you click on the Label further down in my sidebar 'needle felting' will take you to them. Cheers!
Sue this a beautiful piece, i'm so glad you shared this with us. I once designed an alphabet at college which I used for both my graphic and calligraphy course but sadly did not get my portfolio pieces back. Maybe another thing to put in that creative to do list and recreate one again. Such an inspiring piece of art.. I do love that sweet Koala. Wishing you a super weekend, i'm hoping to make the most of the surprise sunshine in the UK.. Hugs Tracey xx
ReplyDeleteHi Tracey, lovely to see you.
DeleteThat was sad, I really feel for you not getting your pieces back. To recreate them would be a wonderful project, their designs would start to pop back in your mind once you started. I hope you do someday.
Thanks re my art, oh yes that koala... he went from being very fierce looking ( lol, not very suitable for a little one ;D)) to looking not like a koala but I was hoping the little one may recognise him as being a fuzzy something nice ;D)
Glad you're having a nice weekend, its quite warm over here for the season. Cheers and thanks for your visit xx
Great card and always nice to see the process. xx
ReplyDeleteHi Lin and thanks for that - sometimes I photo as I go and sometimes not, I learn from myself when looking back like that. Glad you liked it too, cheers xx
DeleteYes, It can be a useful process. Not to mention an aid to aging minds! xx
DeleteDefinitely! :D)
DeleteOh so lovely ~ great birthday creation card ~ ^_^
ReplyDeleteHappy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Thanks very much Carol - cheers to you xx
DeleteI love to see the process of making this beautiful card. The color combination is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThanks Carola!
DeleteI also enjoy seeing other peoples' "behind the scenes" and I appreciate your comments :D) xx
Cool, I like it. As I still feel a bit lost after exhibition....maybe I should try something like this. I have not really done that yet.
ReplyDeleteThanks Monica.
DeleteYes, it would have been a real busy time preparing for and then being at the exhibition each day. Its certainly fun doing these kind of things... the creativity kind of builds on itself!
Cheers xx
Just lovely! This isn't dabbling, I dabble. You are an artist!
ReplyDeleteThanks so kindly Jenn 💟
DeleteBeautiful Australian animal imagery!
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate your thoughts on this June, thankyou 💖
DeleteSue what a charming card...it made me smile when I spotted the animals. Such a wonderful and clever idea. Always a delight to see what you are creating. Have a very happy day. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting Debbie and I'm glad you enjoyed seeing RJ's card 😊🌹
DeleteI would love to get a card like this - and I'm glad you showed the process. I always find that so interesting when artists do that.
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy, thanks for that😊...it was quit fun and a bit of a brain workout too ❤
Delete*quite. Heh heh😉
DeleteThat's very pretty Sue, thank you for sharing the process. Always fun to see the painting in stages.
ReplyDeleteBeaut, thanks very much Denise!🤗🌹
DeleteWhat a sweet and charming painting!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely of you to say, thanks Lisa 🤗🌹
DeleteLove these behind-the-scenes glimpses. :-)
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, Sue! I adore the magpie, koala and frog.
Appreciating that Vicki - very much :D) xx
Delete