Here's my entry in this week's Paint Party Friday which is hosted by Eva and Kristin.
You're welcome to join in also.
Sometimes I focus on a lot of detail, other times I try to stay loose and see what happens as with this painting:
| Watercolour, acrylic, white pen and ink pen on paper |
~ Thanks for taking the time to visit ~

Love this loose work!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Christine :D)
DeleteLoose and lovely 💮
ReplyDeleteSue I am loving your flower paintings 💮
Hugs ❤
Really appreciated, thanks Jan.
DeleteI feel I've found my comfy-place when I paint flowers! :D)
I really like your loose watercolor. The eye fills in the detail.
ReplyDeleteGreat to have your feedback Nicole - thank you :D)
DeleteIt’s really lovely. Happy PPF and thanks for leaving me lots of lovely comments in 2018.
ReplyDeleteThanks Clare and I also appreciate your visits and sharing of art. Cheers :D)
DeleteYour flowers are fabulous! Love both vases, a beautiful piece. Happy PPF and have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThanks so kindly Valerie :D) Lovely to share another Paint Party Friday ... enjoy your weekend too!
DeleteThis one is really lovely. Appeals to me.
ReplyDeleteThat's nice Joan, thank you for telling me. I really love doing flowers :D)
DeleteLove this! Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteThank you ! Appreciate your visit :D)
DeleteWow Sue i love your painting,i am also your newest follower and i hope you will visit and follow me too. I really love this type of drawing/painting the colours are beautiful,well done.
ReplyDeleteHello Sheryl and welcome to my blog. Thanks for the follow :D)
DeleteGlad you liked my little bit of art - it's really nice to read your comment too :D)
Your line work really does speak for itself Sue and I have to agree, creating in this way is a great exercise for our hand and eye coordination. Stunning in every way.
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF Tracey x
Thanks very much Tracey. I love venturing into a drawing and just leaving it to chance. Cheers :D)
DeleteJust wonderful art, Sue.
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF and enjoy a weekend xx
Lovely to have you visit Sirkkis, and thank you :D)
DeleteHello, I love your pretty watercolor. Lovely flowers and art. Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Eileen - have a great weekend too :D)
DeleteHello dear Sue!
ReplyDeleteWow! I love your painting and the colors are so beautiful!
Your work is always admirable! You are so talented my friend!
Have a lovely weekend! Hugs!
Dimi...
I really appreciate your lovely comments Dimi, thank you and have a really happy weekend too :D)
DeleteOtro dibujo muy bonito. Besitos.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "Another very nice drawing. little kisses"
DeleteThank you very much Teresa. Have a beaut weekend :D)
Oh how I like your art!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Anne :D)
DeleteI like this loose style so much-well done! Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda, much appreciated :D)
DeleteStay loose my friend your flowers are gorgeous. Happy you dropped by my blog today
ReplyDeletemuch love...
Thanks so much Gillena - it's always lovely to visit you :D)
Deletei really really like this - loose is good. I use to do timed sketches - loose - i would give myself maybe 5 minutes to draw something ...and sometimes they were my favorites. I really love this.
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy, thank you and yes a bit of pressure can work wonders! Appreciate your comments :D)
DeleteLovely and creative work ~ love movement and energy of your creation!
ReplyDeleteHappy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Many thanks Carol... cheers :D)
DeleteLovely to see, it's very nice Sue …
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend.
This week has flown by, I can't believe how close Christmas is now!
All the best Jan
Thanks Jan, always beaut to see you.
DeleteYes, absolutely, this month has taken off .... and I still haven't worked out if I'm naughty or nice!!! Cheers :D)
I like your staying loose approach a lot - such a sweet painting.
ReplyDeleteMuch appreciated Carola, thank you :D)
DeleteI love this way of painting here, much more difficult than it looks. (It actually looks difficult!).
ReplyDeleteThat is also fun how the vases match the flowers.
Happy weekend!
Thanks Sheila, it was fun and no, not difficult... I put myself in the mindset to just do whatever and that if it didn't turn out then no worries! Some do, some don't, but it's kind of meditative. Lovely to have your feedback too :D)
Deletei like "loosey...goosey, i think the flow and the freedom....
ReplyDeletebut i also enjoy and appreciate the work that goes in to a more detailed painting!! i think a true artist can "feel" the type of picture to best represent the subject. that would be you!!
i like the colors in this piece and the background is really beautiful!!!
Yes Debbie - it's nice to just let it all happen. I can appreciate what you're saying and I thank you very much.
DeleteMay I turn your lovely comment around and say that I feel it would also apply to you (and our daughter included) and others who create by way of knitting, crochet etc. Cheers :D)
Hi Sue. Love your "looseness"! Both vases are so unique. Love the coloring, and the flower on the table. Have a great weekend! Sending hugs! ♥xo
ReplyDeleteaw, many thanks Suzanne - as for that flower on the table, I nearly called the painting "The Escapee" ... lol, when I do a flower arrangement for the windowsill it always seems there's one flower that won't quite fit in and falls out or needs its stem shortened! Have a lovely Sunday... it's pouring with very welcome rain here, hope your weather is good too :D)
Deleteyour painting made me smile :) Sooo, I like it!
ReplyDeleteThat's really lovely of you to say and I'm happy it did Monica :D)
DeleteBeautiful and stylish painting of flowers!!
ReplyDeleteThanks kindly June :D)
DeleteThis is pretty! lovely colorworld...
ReplyDeleteThank you very much :D)
DeleteI love loose! You've captured the essence of the flowers perfectly. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Vicki - I'm really enjoying this way of sketching :D) xx
DeleteAwesome card, Sue!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing xx
Thanks very much Sirkkis, I appreciate your lovely comment :D) xx
Delete