Here's my entry in this week's Paint Party Friday - where the happiest of artists gather, and everyone's welcome.
I'd picked some Native Rosemary from the garden, popped it into my favourite vase and enjoyed it so much I thought I'd have a go at painting it:
| Titled: "My Favourite Vase" Watercolour and inkpen on paper ~ Thanks for taking the time to visit ~ |

That's a nice combo.
ReplyDeleteHello Joan, thank you :D)
DeleteLove the rosemary, it's always so pretty and smells good, too. Your painting is fabulous! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Valerie. I'm currently trying to strike more plants from the main bush - going well so far! Cheers :D)
DeleteIt’s beautiful
ReplyDeleteThanks Clare :D)
DeleteAnother beautiful vase. Love your delicate painting, Sue.
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF πΌ
Thanks Sirkkis, I do have a love of flowers in a vase so have decided to keep to that theme when I can't think of anything else. Lovely to have you visit :D)
DeleteIt's lovely! I don't really enjoy painting flowers. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment Tarang :D)
DeleteWonderful painting! Love the bright colors!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Mel :D)
DeleteHello, the rosemary is pretty. Love your painting. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen, your visits are always appreciated :D)
DeleteSoft beauty...so gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteSue, you are an amazing artist!!!
Hugs ππ π
Jan, thank you very kindly :D)
DeleteEstΓ‘ muy bonito. Besos.
ReplyDeleteTranslation: "It is very beautiful Kisses.
DeleteThanks very much Teresa :D)
Hello dear Sue!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous painting! Love the colors and the preety rosemary in the vase! Well done!
You are so talented! Have a lovely weekend! Hugs!
Dimi...
Thanks Dimi, it's lovely of you to say! I'm glad you liked it.
DeleteEnjoy your weekend too :D)
Super picture. xx
ReplyDeleteAppreciated Lin, thank you :D)
Deleteoh i really like this sue, it has a special kind of beauty to it!! that's such a pretty vase and arrangement!!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Debbie :D) I use this vase quite a lot and so was inspired to paint it and I think it may be a recurring theme. Lovely of you to comment, have a great weekend!
Deletewow, this is beautiful Sue - would make a great card.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandy... yes, I hadn't mentioned it but it is done as a card - I like to do a few in advance. Appreciate your thoughts always :D)
DeleteBeautiful! Have a nice weekend Sue!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Anne - and may your weekend be lovely too :D)
DeleteThanks for sharing. Its beautiful Sue. Happy you dropped by my blog today
ReplyDeleteMuchπlove
Really appreciated, thanks Gillena ... always lovely seeing your creativeness on your blog :D)
DeleteThis is beautiful Sue!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Christine :D)
DeleteLovely and elegant painting of the flowers and vase ~ ^_^
ReplyDeleteHappy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Thanks kindly Carol :D)
DeleteOh Sue, this is lovely.
ReplyDeleteThe Native Rosemary compliments your vase and vice versa :)
The colours together work so well.
All the best Jan
Thanks Jan, I was really happy with the colours too. Appreciate you saying :D)
DeleteRosemary always makes me think of mini Christmas trees. I can't blame you for wanting to paint it. What a lovely painting too! Happy PPF :)
ReplyDelete-Soma
That's a good analogy Soma! Thanks for your lovely comment :D)
DeleteHi Sue, this is one of your best! I love the Rosemary with blooms, and your sweet vase. I have a Rosemary plant that is rather large, and seldom blooms, but I love the fragrance! I can't help brushing my hands across the plant as I walk by. Have a gorgeous upcoming week! xo
ReplyDeleteHi Suzanne, it's really lovely to see you and thanks for that.
DeleteThe Rosemarys can get quite big can't they. Ours are right down the back of our yard and don't always get as much water as they probably need but they keep on keeping on. We've mauve flower and also a white flowered bushes.
Cheers to you :D)
The rosemary has turned out so well, but the vase is trying to steal the show, it has such pretty colours and an unusual shape. This is a beautiful fresh and modern painting, well worthy of being framed and treasured.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Sheila - I've had the vase for years now, found it tucked away in an Op (Charity) Shop.
DeleteAppreciate your thoughts re my painting too :D)
This is really lovely. I really ought to sit down and do some more!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jenn, glad I've perhaps inspired you to do some more painting :D)
DeleteDelightful painting.
ReplyDeleteThanks you very much Linda :D)
Deletelooks gret. Love both vase and flowers :)
ReplyDeleteReally appreciated, thanks Monica :D)
DeleteLovely painting, and that's a very special vase. They fit well together :-) Wishing you a wonderful week ♥
ReplyDeleteThanks Denthe - it really seems like this vase lends itself to whatever I put in it! Cheers and enjoy your week too :D)
DeleteGorgeous work, I love it!
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Julie :D)
Delete