Friday, November 23, 2018

Accidental Abstract ~ Happy PPF!

Hello!

Joining in with Eva and Kristin's Paint Party Friday ... a very friendly group.

My entry is an abstract that kind of just happened.
I was trying to paint a chrysanthemum as a focal point in a vase of flowers, but it wasn't working.

Having learnt never to throw out anything, I took to digital means and dragged down some colour from the flowers into the vase and then gave it a very gentle oil painting filter.

A bit of fun and that's what its all about!
Title" "Chrysanth"
Acrylic on canvas with oil painting filter added via Photoscape 

here's the painting prior to me playing around with it digitally:


Click on the PPF Button below and you'll be taken to see a lovely gathering of gorgeous art:

78 comments:

  1. Accidental abstract it may be - but I like it :)

    Happy Friday

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. That's really nice of you to say Christine... thank you :D)

      Delete
  3. Nice!!! looks like paper cutouts. Happy PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I don't believe that your hand painting is bad, because this looks so beautiful and the colors are charming, Sue.
    Happy PPF and weekend to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sirkkis! You have a great weekend too - Cheers :D)

      Delete
  5. This is really fabulous, love it! Both versions are good. Have a great weekend and a happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kindly Valerie, I just wasn't sure about this at all but once I edited it with a digital layer felt much happier - All the best :D)

      Delete
  6. Wow I love the painting! It's fabulous how the flowers mixed together in abstract!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Hello Ida, its the first time we've met up - thank you very much for leaving your lovely comment. Cheers :D)

      Delete
  8. You are very clever with your digital enhancements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, thank you! Using them seem to (me) to iron out the rough bits :D)

      Delete
  9. Hello Sue, I just love your colorful paintings. The flowers are lovely and playing with the digital edit is fun. Have a happy Friday and a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you kindly Eileen :D) and, yes, adding that final touch with digital editing is definitely fun! Cheers for a lovely weekend too!

      Delete
  10. It's a masterpiece and you're a master painter. The colors and shape are mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now Duta thank you very much - I'm thrilled you like it :D)

      Delete
  11. Hello dear Sue!
    I don’t know much about digital painting of effects but your chrysanthemum painting is absolutely gorgeous!
    Like the colors,so preety indeed! Wishing you a lovely day and a happy weekend! Hugs!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Dimi, the colours just wouldn't seem to work for ages, but thanks you, and you too have a happy weekend :D)

      Delete
  12. Great job Sue, your colors are so pretty.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Lovely! Many thanks Susi - a lovely weekend to you too :D)

      Delete
  14. I like your painting, and playing with digital is fun too-well done! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda for leaving your comment... it was fun :D)

      Delete
  15. Lovely and creative painting and playing digitally is fun too ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those digital drags have created a wonderful reflection in the vase Sue, great eye for detail.
    Happy PPF Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey, I did like that effect! experimenting can be fun ... sometimes ;D)

      Delete
  17. Sue I absolutely love this accidental abstract. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Replies
    1. Thanks June... really happy for your comment :D)

      Delete
  19. Oh I'm the same: save everything! It's good to have 'everything' if you're active creating, decorating etc.
    Black is good!
    Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, yes a black background kind of gives inspiration - sometimes :D)

      Delete
  20. Ah Sue wonderful job friend - love it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a good job dressing up your chrysanthemum, Sue! Your original piece was really nice in my opinion! But like you said, "some fun"! And, that's what is important! Have a lovely week!♥ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Te quedo bonito. Feliz fin de semana.

      Delete
    2. It just wasn't 'working' for me at the time, funny how a little space and time make a difference. True what they say ... "It's all in the mind!!"
      I loved having your opinion too Suzanne, thank you. Enjoy your week too! :D)

      Delete
    3. Teresa (translation "Pretty. Happy weekend.")

      Thank you kindly, and have a happy weekend too. Cheers!

      Delete
  22. Sometimes accidents are just the best! Love how it turned out. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks fantastic, Sue. Your digital touch gave the painting new dimension. Clever! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki... I aim to have even more fun now you've kindly added Sketchbook to my go-tos for digitting ;D)

      Delete
    2. You do know it's all about the artist not the software. :-)

      Delete
    3. Yep! I look on it as another medium that I can use :D)

      Delete
  24. Oh Sue!!! This is stunningly gorgeous!!!
    You are so talented!!!

    Big Hugs ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jan, it was fun - especially after trying to paint 'seriously' lol :D)

      Delete
  25. I really love it! Beautiful work! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Courtney, thanks very much and Happy PPF to you too :D)

      Delete
  26. I wish things didn’t turn out like that for me, it is glorious!! A beautiful bouquet of flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yes, thanks Debbie - your words are appreciated. I just wasn't sure with this one but it felt so good to be so loose (oh, just realised what I'd written !) ;D)

      Delete
  27. Its an interesting piece of art. Quirky and nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your feedback Diane... thanks so much :D)

      Delete
  28. lol, I think your flowers are amazing. Some digital work are doing the trick sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! Yes, the digital made the difference in my eyes - so interesting reading others' comments too :D)

      Delete
  29. Beautiful painting, and nice with the digital painting, too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely of you to say Karen, thanks very much :D)

      Delete
  30. Hello Sue I saw this earlier and thought I had commented but maybe I just commented in my head.
    The original looks perfectly fine to me. I do this sometimes, think the original doesn't look right and give it a filter. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    And other artists see the original in a different light.
    Yours looks pretty good with a filter too.
    Isn't this a great artistic world where we can change our art (for better or worse, haha! by playing with photo-editing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila, oh gosh yes I know what you mean... when I re-visit others I too felt sure I'd left a comment! lol :D)
      It's always good to get the feedback of others - we are our own worst critics ;D)
      Photo editing is marvellous, definitely! Cheers, thanks for popping back.

      Delete
  31. Hello Sue,
    How is it going?
    This is where the intense heat begins.
    What a beautiful painting.
    I loved the colors.
    Good entry for the month of December.
    It's Christmas soon!
    Time is flying.
    Hugs.
    janicce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Janicce, lovely to see you :D)
      All is going well thanks very much. Yes, some very warm days are beginning that's right. I'm really pleased you enjoyed my painting and appreciate you saying so. Cheers for now!

      Delete

Sorry, it is still necessary to keep Comment Moderation on!

Thank you blogfriends...your visit is much appreciated :D) xx